Naked and Afraid

rpicardi1

Here we go with another adventure. This one will be all new characters and story line.

Ark, Naked and Afraid.

While this story will follow something similar to the cable series, It is in no way connected to that show. All characters are fictitious. The locations are fictitious. Dates and time fictitious. The props fictitious.

Naked and Afraid is a cable series where two total strangers, a man and a woman, are dropped off in the middle of nowhere where they are observed for the next three weeks as they test their survival skills. The strangers, a man and a woman, enter the area naked. They each have one survival tool of their choice plus a map of the area. Their task is to select a camp site, and do whatever they have to in order to survive off the land. At the end of the three weeks, they are to head to a pickup point to be rescued.

At no time are the two actually alone. A film crew and medic keeps watch on them ready to end the challenge should their life be threatened either by injury, or illness caused by dehydration or the environment. At any time, a challenger can call it quits. Some have done so. Others have been forced to do so. Most do make it through the challenge. But, there have been occasions where due to the weather, the challengers have found themselves isolated from the film crew for days.

This story is a what if, for some unknown reason, the challengers and some of the film crew, find themselves on Ark, all of them Naked and Afraid in some prehistoric world for real, and with no film crew to protect them or provide for an emergency rescue if something goes horribly wrong.

Chapter 1. Our challenger for Naked and Afraid.

Mike, an ex Seal, has taken on the challenge to test his survival skills. He is a bachelor, having retired from the Navy, and works for a military contractor in developing and testing weapon systems.

His companion for the challenge is Jane, a mother of two, who, along with her husband, runs an outfitter that conducts hunting expeditions for clients. They both have trained in survival skills.

For their challenge, Mike has selected a machete for his tool of choice while Jane has chosen a cooking pot.

The location for their adventure is an uninhabited island off the west coast of Panama. It is a rugged area with sandy beaches, jagged terrain and dense jungle. The weather can range from stifling heat and humidity to bone chilling cold during days of heavy rain.

On that chosen day, Mike and Jane are transported to the film crew camp where they strip down in separate areas, grab their items, and walk to a spot on the beach where they are introduced to each other.

“Hi, I am Mike. I brought along a machete we can use to cut wood and build a shelter.”

“I am Jane. I brought along a cooking pot we can use to boil drinking water.”

“I have the map of the area. We should go look for a campsite and get a fire and shelter built before nightfall.”

With the introduction done, the two survivalist pick their way through the jungle to find a place to build a camp.

The trek through the jungle is slow and hot. The ground is very slippery under the bare feet. Leaches inhabit the area near a stream where the survivors and camera crew are forced to crawl through some very thick brush until they have found a narrow trail leading to a set of stone ruins.

“This looks like a good place to make a camp,” Mike tells Jane. “I'll cut some wood for the shelter.”

“I'll get a fire started to boil the water,” answers Jane.

They get to work, Mike on the shelter, Jane working to build a fire. But, the dampness is working against her effort to get a fire lit. “I can get a good glowing ember, but, I cant seem to find enough dry tinder to ignite it.”

“Found this nest inside of a hollow tree,” answers Mike.

“That may work,” answers Jane. She soon has a fire going to start boiling the water for drinking.

Lightning is lighting up the camp side as darkness falls. The film crew, with the exception of Jerry and Dee, have headed back to their main camp for the night.

The storm hits with a vengeance. The lightning is nearly continuous as the wind driven rain comes down by the buckets. In spite of their best efforts, the fire is soon drowned. Jerry and Dee are forced to join the survivors as they all huddle inside the stone ruin.

Then, a strange glowing funnel starts to descend upon the stone structure as the inscriptions in the stone start to glow brightly. A high pitch tone starts to howl drowning out the wind, rain, and crashing thunder. It renders the four of then unconscious.

Chapter two, The Ark.

Mike is the first to wake up lying face up looking at a beautiful tropical sky. He sees a large flying creature resembling a pelican with a huge wingspan flying overhead. It looks so prehistoric.

Getting to his feet, he notices a diamond shaped gem implanted in his left wrist. He goes to remove it but quickly changes his mind when he finds it fused to his skin.

“Jane, are you here?”

“Behind you,” she says. “Where are we?”

“This is certainly not our campsite,” Mike answers.

They find a naked Jerry behind a boulder further down the beech who is just waking up.

“Where is my camera and clothes,” ask Jerry.

A naked Dee runs by them screaming in terror as mike picks up a driftwood log about twice the size of a baseball bat. He brings it smashing into the head of a bipedal reptile about the size of a person killing it.

“What is that thing?” ask Jerry shaking in shock.

“It looks like a dilophosaur from Jurassic Park.” answers Jane. “I thought that was a movie. How did we end up there?”

“That's not possible,” answers Jerry. “That location was suppose to be on some private island thousands of miles from here.”

“I'm getting some holographic message from this creature telling me that it is a Male Dilophosaur. Level 3, Dead,” says Jane. “It seems to be coming from this gemstone implanted in my arm.”

“I'm getting the same message as well,” answers Mike.

“The same here,” answers Jerry.

“Thank you for saving me,” says a breathless Dee. “That thing wanted to eat me.”

“Just where are we?” ask Mike.

“The film crew was suppose to be camping on the beach,” answers Jerry. “But, they are nowhere around. This certainly doesn't look like the island we are suppose to be on. The vegetation is not that thick. The jungle looks different. There was no cliff side near us before. What is that huge green thing floating in the sky beyond the cliff?”

“There's a blue one in the distance by that snow capped mountain,” says Jane.

“I see a red one poking above the trees,” says Dee.

“The beach, its too clean,” says Mike. “No plastic, no paper, no bottles, no trash of any kind.” as he picks up a stone from the beach.

“What the? Where did that stone I just picked up disappear to?”

A holographic message gets displayed in front of him saying, Added One Stone.

to be continued;

Expect an update to the first post in the next couple of days. Currently, it is more of an outline rather then a complete chapter. There are some misplaced words in it such as beech when there should be beach.

Things could certainly change over time. Check out the alternate ending of the last story where I decide not to kill the Red Alpha wyvern during the final showdown, but instead, they save her by releasing her from the shackle that has made her life a living hell.

Just so everyone can see the changes, I am re-posting Chapter 1 and the completed Chapter 2.

Chapter 1. Our challenger in this story.

Mike, an ex Seal, has taken on the challenge to test his survival skills. He is a bachelor, having retired from the Navy, and works for a military contractor in developing and testing weapon systems.

His companion for the challenge will be Jane, a mother of two, who, along with her husband, runs an outfitter that conducts hunting expeditions for clients. They both have trained in survival skills.

For their challenge, Mike has selected a machete for his tool of choice while Jane has chosen a cooking pot.

The location for their adventure is an uninhabited island off the west coast of Panama. It is a rugged area with sandy beaches, jagged terrain and dense jungle. The weather can range from stifling heat and humidity to bone chilling cold during days of heavy rain. The area is home to all kinds of poisonous snakes and other dangers.

On that chosen day, Mike and Jane are transported to the film crew camp where they strip down in separate areas, grab their items, and walk to a spot on the beach where they are introduced to each other.

“Hi, I am Mike. I brought along a machete we can use to cut wood and build a shelter.”

“I am Jane. I brought along a coking pot we can use to boil drinking water.”

“I have the map of the area. We should go head for our campsite and get a fire and shelter built before nightfall.”

With the introduction done, the two survivalist pick their way through the jungle to find a place to build a camp.

The trek through the jungle is slow and hot. The ground is very slippery under the bare feet. Leaches inhabit the area near a stream where the survivors and camera crew are forced to crawl through some very thick brush until they have found a narrow trail leading to a set of stone ruins.

“This looks like a good place to make a camp,” Mike tells Jane. “I'll start cutting some wood for the shelter.”

“I'll get a fire started to boil the water,” answers Jane.

Mike gets to work on the shelter as Jane starts working to build a fire. But, the dampness is working against her effort to get a fire lit. “I can get a good glowing ember, but, I cant seem to find enough dry tinder to ignite it,” she tells the cameraman that is recording her effort.

“Jane, I found this nest inside of a hollow tree,” answers Mike. “Will that work?”

“Yes, that is perfect,” answers Jane.

Lightning is lighting up the camp site as darkness falls. The film crew, with the exception of Jerry and Dee, have headed back to their main camp for the night.

The storm soon hits with a vengeance. The lightning is nearly continuous as the wind driven rain comes down by the buckets. In spite of their best efforts, the fire is soon drowned out. Jerry and Dee are forced to join the survivors as they all huddle inside the stone ruin.

Then, a strange glowing funnel starts to descend upon the stone structure as the inscriptions carved in the stone start to glow brightly. A high pitch tone starts to howl drowning out the wind, rain, and crashing thunder. It renders the four of then unconscious.

Chapter two, The Ark.

Mike is the first to wake up lying face up looking at a beautiful tropical sky. He sees a large creature flying overhead. It looks so prehistoric. He watches it fly over the sea as it dips its beak into the water and catches a fish. It lands on the shore in the distance to eat its meal.

Getting to his feet, he notices a diamond shaped gem implanted in his left wrist. He goes to remove it but quickly changes his mind when he finds it fused to his skin.

“Jane, are you here?”

“Behind you,” she answers. “How did we get back on the beach?”

“I have no idea,” Mike answers.“This is certainly nowhere near our campsite. We better go looking for the film crew. Maybe, they know what happened during that storm last night.”

While searching along the beach for the others, they find a naked Jerry behind a boulder who is just waking up.

“Where is my camera and clothes?” ask a puzzled Jerry.

Just then, a naked Dee runs by them screaming in terror. A lizard like creature about the size of a person is chasing her. Mike picks up a driftwood log about twice the size of a baseball bat. He brings it smashing into the head of a bipedal reptile that races by killing it.

“What is that thing?” ask Jerry shaking in shock.

“It looks like a dilophosaur from Jurassic Park.” answers Jane. “I thought that was just a movie. How did it end up here?”

“That's not possible,” answers Jerry. “That location was suppose to be on some private island thousands of miles from here. Besides, the entire film used character generated creatures. They cannot be created like was done in that film.”

“I'm getting some holographic message from this creature telling me that it is a Male Dilophosaur. Level 3, Dead,” says Jane. “It seems to be coming from this gemstone implanted in my arm.”

“I'm getting the same message as well,” answers Mike.

“The same here,” answers Jerry.

“Thank you for saving me,” says a breathless Dee. “That thing wanted to eat me.”

“Just where the hell are we?” ask Mike.

“The film crew was suppose to be camping on the beach,” answers Jerry. “But, they are nowhere in sight. This certainly doesn't look like the island we are suppose to be on. The vegetation is not that thick. The jungle looks different. There was no cliff side near us before.”

“Wow, What is that huge green thing floating in the sky beyond the cliff?”

“There's a blue one in the distance by that snow capped mountain,” says Jane.

“I see a red one poking above the trees,” says Dee.

“This beach, its too clean, too unnatural looking” says Mike. “No plastic, no paper, no bottles, no trash of any kind.” as he picks up a stone from the beach.

“What the?” says Mike in total surprise and disbelief. “That stone I just picked up off the beach. It disappeared out of my hand. Now, I got a holographic message saying that I Added One Stone.”

“This is unbelievable!” answers Jane as she picks up a stone from the beach. “Look into your implant. I am getting a holographic display with all kinds of information about myself. I see a clock with a date of day one.”

“On the left, I see a stone in something called my inventory. It has a weight of half a pound.”

“There is more. There is something called crafting. I see a pick axe with the crafting requirements of one stone, one wood, and ten thatch. Next to it is a torch that needs one stone, one flint, and one wood.”

“I Don't understand,” answers Mike. “While the stone I picked up vanished into this so called inventory, the driftwood I used to kill that creature didn't. Oh wait. I'm getting a message that says hit this to harvest. With what? My fist?”

“Ouch! That hurt.”

“Oh good, wood and thatch. One pick ax coming up.”

“A Levelup, what is that?” ask Jerry.

“We all got one,” answers the others.

Check this out,” answers Dee. “We can increase the status of our health. Now, there is something called Engram Points. I have eight of them.”

“I see we can apply them to purchase items to aid in our survival,” answers Mike. “Excellent, I see a campfire, hatchet, spear, cloth pants, cloth shirt, note, foundation, and door frame.”

“Oh, oh, I can only purchase two items.”

“A suggestion,” answers Jerry. “Lets do what is done on the show. Each one of us purchase two different items. That way, we can get them all.”

“Is it possible to share the knowledge?” ask Dee.

“One way to find out,” answers Mike. “I'll take the hatchet and spear, Jane the firepit and note, Dee the clothing items, and Jerry the building materials.”

“Now, where do I find flint to make the hatchet and spear?”

“Try hitting that boulder with the pick ax,” answers Jane.

“That works,” answers Mike. “Get me some wood and I can craft up a hatchet and spear for everyone.”

It isn't long before everyone has a hatchet and spear for their use.

“The fire pit says that I can cook raw meat on it for food,” says Jane.

“Excellent,” answers Mike. “Find a sheltered place to put it. I'll go butcher that dead Dilophosaur.”

Mike at first tries skinning the Dilophosaur with the hatchet, then finds out he is getting meat and hide if he just hacks on it. “That's most strange,” he comments. “A job that would have taken me an hour is now done in five seconds.”

Meanwhile, Jane has found a sheltered spot along the cliff face to place the fire pit. She is pondering how she is going to build a fire in such unfamiliar conditions. Staring at the fire pit, her implant gives her the answer. All I have to do is place wood or thatch into the fire pit and select Light Fire. “Mike, give me the raw meat. I should have it cooked up in no time.”

“Where can I find fiber to make up some clothing?” ask Dee.

“Try picking those bushes over there,” answers Jane.

“Jerry, help me pick these bushes for fiber.” says Dee. “Keep the berries until I can learn more about them. Give me the fiber so I can make a set for everyone.”

“What is this cute little thing? Oh, you have buddies. OUCH, that thing bit me.”

“Spear it,” warns Jane. “Those are compys and like that Jurassic Park movie, they are not friendly.”

“Everyone, drop what you are doing and start taking these little ba$tards out.” orders Mike.

“Hey, my spear just broke.” says Jerry.

“Mine too,” reports June.

“Use the hatchet,” orders Mike. “Chop them up when they are down.”

Seven compys soon bite the dust.

“I guess I had better make up at least three spears for everyone given that there is no warning when they will break,” answers Mike.

“Very strange,” comments Dee. “That thing took a chunk of flesh out of my leg, yet it is now completely healed.”

“Another mystery in this unknown world,” answers Mike.

“We got another levelup,” says Jane.

“Thatch walls and a roof,” says Jerry

“Cloth boots and a hat,” says Dee

“Wooden club and a waterskin,” says Mike.

“Better take the boots and thatch door,” answers Jane. “The sign and sleeping bag can wait until later.”

Mike crafts up a waterskins for everyone as the rest of the clothes get crafted up. “Now, where do we find fresh water to fill these?” ask Jane. “I'm starting to get a warning that we are getting dehydrated.”

“Hey everyone, the sea water is fresh,” answers Jerry.

“You are correct,” answers Dee.

“That is most unusual,” answers Mike. “We can't possibly be on our own world. We must be in some alien one.”

“Sort of like an Naked and Afraid alien style, but we are all the test subjects of their world,” answers Jerry.

“We better get a shelter built for the night,” responds Mike. “Craft up torches as well. No telling what may show up once it gets dark.”

As darkness approaches, the foursome has completed their tasks. A four by four shelter has been built with a second campfire placed close to the porch. Everyone has filled their waterskin for the night.

Dee has researched the berries and has determine that all of them are safe to eat with the exception of the black and white ones. She tells then to keep those two berries for now. They may have some unforeseen use in the future.

“So amazing,” comments Jerry as everyone sits by the campfire. “Naked and Afraid has never been like this.”

Chapter Three. Our First Night on Ark.

Like on the first night of Naked and Afraid, a tropical storm rolls in off the sea. Unlike that storm, the rain comes down in a gentle fashion. It gets quite cold which forces us inside the thatch shelter for its protection. We get another level up bit there is nothing additional for us to select other then the sleeping bag and wood sign.

“Can't we craft sleeping bags for everyone?” ask Mike.

“They don't appear to work for sleeping.” answers Jane. “For some reason, they are called a spawn bed. They are specific for each individual. Beside, we used up the hide for our waterskins, boots, and gloves. Just one sleeping bag alone uses nearly as much hide as what we needed for all of our clothes. They will have to wait until we can get more hide.”

The rain soon ends as we are treated to a beautiful moonlit sky. The three Obelisk, as they are called, shine brightly in the distance. “So beautiful,” comments Dee. “Each one has its own color with a matching beam of light coming to the ground as well as heading out of sight into the sky. I wonder what their purpose is?”

“I'm noticing other beams of light as well.” says Mike. “I see a crackling ball of light in the distance with something coming down from it. There is another over on that small island without the ball.”

“I see one just across from what looks like a bay,” says Jane. “It looks like something is glowing where it hits the ground. Oh, it just went poof and vanished.”

“We need to check one out,” answers Mike. “But we best wait until daylight so we don't stumble across something dangerous.”

It is late at night when the group hears something in the bushes near the hut. Michael and Jerry grab their spears as June and Dee light their torches.

“What is that thing?” ask June as a large bipedal creature comes into view that is grazing on the bushes next to their hut. It looks at them, then continues grazing.

“According to my implant, it registers as a Parasaur, Level 11, Female.” says Dee.

“I just had a scary though,” comments Mike. “If we are in some kind of Jurassic Park, could we possibly run into raptors or a T-Rex.”

“How do we defend ourselves against that?” ask Jerry.

“We don't,” answers Mike. “We find some place to hide. That thing would smash this thatch hut like it was made out of matchsticks.”

Something later during the night, everyone is jolted from their sleep by the distant sound of some large creature screaming in terror. All the tropical noises of the nearby jungle fall silent. There is more screaming, then silence.

“We better look for a place that is more secure,” comments Mike. “Some place high where the predators can't get to us.”

“Perhaps, we could head over to that small island,” answers Jane.”

“That may not be a wise thing to do,” answers Mike. “We need to secure our camp before we attempt to venture any distance from here.”

The peaceful noises of the night soon return as the group start calming down making sure that the fire is well stocked for the rest of the night.

22 hours ago, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

Wow, this is really good! Thanks for the read!

Like the other four, I do intend to complete the story.

Here is the next chapter;

Chapter Four; Our Second Day on Ark.

The early morning sun rises to a gorgeous day on Ark. The flying reptiles are out fishing in the nearby sea. One lands close by to rest. “Pteradon, Level 6 Female,” says Jane upon getting close to it for her implant to read it. “It sure looks a lot bigger then what is written about it in the science books.”

“Hey, one of those beacons is real close by just up on the hill,” says Mike. “Grab your spears and lets go check it out.”

It is a short hike to the top of the hill where they find a rotating container bathed in eerie light making an unusual humming sound. It is green in color. “Damn,” says Mike. “We are not a high enough level to access its contents. We'll have to wait until we reach Level 15 to see what is in it.”

Heading towards the cove, they see what was the cause of the noise they heard last night of some creature screaming in terror. “What a mess,” comments Mike. “This Parasaur, we saw last night, was killed and partially eaten by something big. Lets get the hide and get out of here before whatever killed it comes back.”

As they head back up the hill, Jane spots something across the cove. “Oh Boy,” she says in alarm. “There are T-Rexes here.”

“We better spend the day finding a more secure place for our camp,” answers Mike as the group observes the wild rex across the cove. “There is no way we can take on that. Lets continue up on this ridge over our camp. Maybe there will be some place that will be more secure.”

The foursome head up along the ridge overlooking the camp. Everything looks peaceful below. They get a good look at the Green Obelisk in the distance confirming that it is indeed floating. “I thought that thing was much closer to us,” comments Mike. “Now, I can see that it is a lot further way.”

They continue North along the cliff edge. “It forms a box canyon here,” says Mike. “There might be some good spots for a better camp down there. We can build a signal fire above.”

“Level 5,” says Jane. “Slingshots for hunting. Standing torches for those signal fires. Storage boxes for our spare items. Proper beds. Mortar and Pestle for crafting spark powder and narcotics. A saddle for something called a phiomia, and better building materials.”

“I don't see any need for thatch building materials.” answers Mike. “A multi-panel flag can be seen from a long ways from the cliff above. That could attract the attention from the support team if they are anywhere around.”

“There is a structure over there by those boulders,” says Jerry. “It looks a lot like the one we sheltered in before the storm hit.”

“Most interesting ,” comments Mike as they enter the stone ruins. “Here is the shelter we built and the campfire the rain put out. Has anyone seen a cooking pot, machete, camera, and Dee's medical bag?”

“No,” answers Jane. “What is this ammo can doing here?”

Jane opens it up to find a tattered notebook. “A Survivor's Handbook,” Jane tells the others. “I'll read it once we have found a safe place for a better camp.”

“We better start heading down to the beach,” orders Mike. “We're very close to the jungle and no telling what could be hiding in there.”

“Ants, big ones,” warns Jerry. “Flying ones too.”

“Spears,” orders mike. “Jab them until you kill them. Move backwards so they don't swarm you.” A dozen ants are killed and harvested for their meat and chitin.

Mike takes a few moments, then gives everyone a slingshot. “Have about a dozen rocks on you,” He says. “Lets see what they can do if something small shows up for use to use them on.”

“Dodo birds,” says Jane. “See if we can hit them.”

“Interesting,” says Mike as he walks up to one that he drops with two stones from his slingshot. “My implant tells me that not only is this Dodo Bird unconscious, it can be tamed.”

“What can we do with tamed dodo birds?” ask Jerry.

“Well, they can be used as an egg farm,” answers Dee.

“I don't think this male will do us much good for an egg farm at this time,” answers Mike. “We can use it's meat and hide for now.”

Continuing down the hill, they reach the beach and start heading back to camp. They spot three dilos on the beach by the box canyon eating a kill. “Lets go around them into the box canyon,” suggest Mike.

“I see a cave entrance up ahead,” says Jane. “Lets see if we can shelter there.”

“That would be most ideal,” answers Mike. “The entrance looks small enough to keep any larger carnivores out. Lets check it out.”

“This looks excellent,” comments Mike as they enter the cave which opens up into a large room. “It looks nice and clean in here, no sign of bat droppings or anything else making it their home.”

“That's excellent,” answers Dee. “We shouldn't have to worry about any viruses contained in such fecal matter.”

“There is a passageway continuing down in the back” says Mike “Jane, come with me so we can be sure this cave is safe.”

With lit torches, the two head down the long passageway to explore the interior. “I thought that caves are usually cold and damp,” says Jane. “This one is starting to get hot and dry.”

“That could explain why this one is void of the usual cave creatures,” answers Mike. “Might as well turn around. It's getting really hot down here and I see what looks like lava below.”

“Well, just to be safe, we should considering blocking off this passageway before making this cave our home,” answers Jane.

“The rest of the morning is spent crafting the items needed for making the cave a secured base of operations. The narrow passage to the interior is walled off. A camp is established in the main cavern. A Thatch door and wall is placed at the entrance.

“We need to do something about those dilos near the beach,” says Jerry.

“Lets gather a bunch of stones, then climb up on that rock near them,” answers Mike. “Then, we can see how effective these slingshots are going to be.”

The two men climb up on the boulder near by where the dilos are resting. Taking aim, Mike nails one square in the head. It falls to the ground as the other two, confused at first, come running towards them.

“Spears, watch out for the green spit,” warns Mike as a second, then the third dilo bites the dust.

Examining the one Mike hit with the stone, they only find out that it is unconscious. A holographic message appears indicating that the unconscious dilo is tameable. “Why would we want to tame one?”

“Should we find out?” ask Jerry.

“Let's give it a try,” answers Mike. “We can always kill it with our spears if it doesn't work. I don't think that it will know the difference what raw meat it is eating when we butcher her buddies. There doesn't seem to be any between the parasaur and dodo we got before.”

“I think that we need to keep it unconscious until it is tamed,” says Jerry. “How do we do that?”

“The Narcoberries,” answers Mike. “Good, we can force feed them. Great, that is working.”

It is several minutes later when Mike and Jerry walk back into the cave with a new tame following close behind them.

“Watch out!” yells Jane in alarm.

“Nothing to worry about,” answers Mike. “Come say hello to Lassie. She is like a big puppy dog.”

“Unbelievable,” answers Dee. “You two grown men go out to kill those things and then you come back with one of them as a pet.”

“They are quite right,” answers Jane. “According to the Survivor's Handbook, most everything here can be tamed, even that T-Rex we saw this morning.”

“Sounds like a challenge,” answers Mike. “But, I think that it will take a lot more then a stone to that thick skull they have to knock one out.”

“Anyhow, lets get the signal torches and signs up on the ridge above us before it gets dark, then see if we can get that dodo egg farm started.”

Chapter 5, Day three on Ark.

It is a glorious morning as the sun comes shining into the cave entrance to a happily chirping dilophosaur. The cave has kept everyone dry and warm compared to that first cold and wet night with the terror of something big being killed nearby. Level 8 has been reached as everyone gets up to plan the goals for the day.

The group is out gathering berries and exploring the box canyon when Dee comes running to the group screaming for help with an angry Parasaur chasing her. Lassie gets between them and spits into the Parasaur's face. Blinded by the green spit, the Parasaur collides into a palm tree and is knocked out by the impact.

“Why was that Parasaur chasing you?” ask Mike. “Aren't they normally passive?”

“I saw this egg laying in the grass and got this message that said 'pick it up'” answers Dee.

“Lets see it,” ask Jane. “A Parasaur Egg. When you picked it up, mama got mad at you and started chasing you away. A most logical reaction of nearly all egg laying creatures. A warning to all, don't pick up eggs lying about until we know what has laid it.”

“What should we do with Mama?” ask Mike.

“Well, we could tame her,” answers Jane. “Lets place some berries on her and see what happens.”

A variety of berries are place in her inventory. It is soon determined that the Mejoberries are preferred over all the others. In short order, the survivors have themselves another tame.

“She is so sweet,” comments Dee. “And to think that a short while ago she was mad as hell at me.”

“Well, I guess we don't have to worry about her egg,” answers Jane. “It's not going to hatch. It registers as a tasty food source that is not fertile.”

The tribe continues on their task of gathering resources, building storage boxes, and constructing a thatch pen for the Dodos they are now catching. Mike and Jerry climb up to the top of the cliff to work on the banner and restock the torches.

“Still no sign of the support team,” says Jerry. “I'm beginning to wonder if they are even here at all.”

“We should still check out that nearby island,” says Mike. “Lets head down to the beach and see if it is possible to swim over there.”

Heading down to the point they enter the water. “There are fish in here. They must be what those Pteradons are feeding on,” comments Jerry. “Is that a shark up ahead?”

“It sure is!” warns Mike. “Lets get out of here.”

The shark closes in on them as they swim for shore, then scramble out of the water. It is so bent on catching them that it beaches itself on the shore. Unable to back off, the shark dies from suffocation.

“A Megalodon,” says Mike as he checks his implant. “Lets harvest it for the meat.”

“What this?” ask Jerry. “It has an inventory?”

“Oh wow,” comments Mike. “A spear, hatchet, cloth clothes, some berries. It must have ate someone before it chased us.”

“Then, the support team must be here with us.” answers Jerry. “Wonder who was killed?”

“Good question,” answers Mike. “Or, it might have been someone else.”

“We'll lets get back to camp so we can cook all of this fish meat and place it into storage.”

While Mike and Jerry were out dealing with the shark, Level 10 has been reached. Imagine the shock when they see Dee coming towards them riding on a saddled parasaur.

“She's wonderful!” exclaims Dee. “She is just like riding on horseback, but better. I can even harvest berries with her.”

“This place gets stranger by the Minute,” comments Mike.

“We're heading back to camp,” Jerry tells Dee. “We killed a shark and have all of this fish to cook up.”

“Don't stray too far from camp,” warns Mike. “Remember what happened to that first parasaur we saw the other night.”

“I'll be careful,” answers Dee. “I don't want to lose this sweet little girl.”

Back at camp, Mike tells the rest of the survivors what he found in the dead shark. “We found some weapons, clothes, and berries on that shark that tried to get us. What we don't know is if those items came from one member of the support team, or from someone else in the area. We will need to start searching this place as soon as we can do so safely. Dee's parasaur may be a good start as a fast transport. But that's only if they can get away from something that may attack them.”

“We will need to learn what they are capable of before we try to tame more of them,” answers Jane.

“What did we get from level ten to help us?” ask Mike.

“Beside the parasaur saddle, we got the ability to make gunpowder, a flare gun, compass, spyglass, bola, and a bunch of wood construction items including a spike wall.” answers Jane.

“Could we use the spike wall to keep a T-Rex away?” ask Mike.

“It should work,” answers Jane.

“Then, we should plan on doing so if it decides to pay us a visit.” answers Mike.

The survivors start heading North up the beach collecting Dodo birds for the egg pen. The area contains numerous large boulders but otherwise is fairly open. Some Dilos are in the distance but seem to be heading away from the group rather then randomly going about hunting Dodos and other small creatures.

Suddenly, Dee's parasaur screams in panic as a Carnotaurus lunges at it from behind a boulder grabbing its tail. Lassie rushes in spitting in its face. “Spears!” yells Mike as Lassie jumps towards the now blinded Carno which flings her against a boulder. Several spears are thrown into its neck as the carno tears into the trapped parasaur. Mike is finally able to jam one down its throat penetrating the roof of its mouth killing it. But, the damage is done. Both tames have been killed by the attack.

“They sacrificed themselves to protect us,” responds Dee in tears. “It's so unfair.”

“Lets salvage what we can and get back to the cave,” answers Mike.

Chapter Six; Day Four on Ark.

It is a most lonely night without the two tames in the cave with them. “We're lucky to be alive,” says Mike. “That Carno so surprised us, like, it just appeared out of nowhere.”

“Good thing Lassie blinded it,” answers Jane. “It could have killed one of us during the attack.”

“It's so unfair,” says Dee. “That parasaur was so sweet. Why did she have to die?”

“We can get another one in the morning,” answers Jerry. “Maybe another dilo or two for guard dogs.”

“The only good thing from that encounter is that none of us got hurt.” answers Mike. “We did get a ton of hide off of it along with a primitive bow and a dozen stone arrows. We need to be careful with those until we can learn how to make more of them.”

“According to The Survivor Handbook, we should have the ability to craft them soon,” Reports Jane. “We will also have the ability to build a raft.”

“Excellent,” says Mike. “That means that we can go check out that nearby island without becoming shark bait.”

“We should set up a storage crate on the beach and stock it with building materials and supplies. Then, we can craft the raft and start looking for the support team. Maybe, even sail back to civilization.”

“Sounds like a plan,” answers Jane.

“We need to craft a spyglass,” Says Mike. “We'll have to go down into the cave to get crystal. I saw something down there that looked like crystal before it got too hot to continue. Jerry, come with me. Be sure you have a water skin with you.”

The two men head down into lava cave where they find several formations of crystal like rock. “Damn, I'm only getting stone,” says Jerry when he uses the hatchet on one.

“Try the pick,” answers Mike. “It may work the same way when we want flint.”

“Finally, got one.” answers Jerry. “What should I do with all of this stone? It's quite heavy.”

“Throw it away,” answers Mike. “As soon as we get another one, we better get out of here. I see giant bats flying over the lava. It is safe to assume that they are not going to be friendly.”

“Good, I finally got a crystal. Lets get out of here before those bats take an interest in us.”

“Too late, three of them are coming this way,” warns Jerry.

“Run,” orders Mike. “When I tell you to, turn around and use your spear on them.”

The two men run back towards the barrier in the cave but are forced to face the bats which have caught up to them. “Don't let them get behind you,” warns Mike as the two of them stab the bats with the spears finally taking all three of them out.

“Those were nearly as bad as that carno,” comments Jerry as they harvest the three bats for meat and hide.

“One thing for certain, we will need some new clothes,” answers Mike. “Those things were nasty.”

“Another primitive bow and stone arrows,” answers Jerry.

“I got two spears and eight tranc arrows,” answers Mike. I'll have to ask Jane what they are good for.”

Reaching the chamber where their came has been set up, Mike calls a quick meeting. “What happened to your clothes?” ask Jane.

“We ran into giant bats in the cave,” answers Mike. “Lets get a wood wall built to replace the thatch one ASAP. Those bats tore through our clothes like it was paper.”

“We may want to consider relocating back outside,” answers Jane.

“Then, lets build a safe house that we can shelter in should we be forced to flee the cave.” answers Mike.

As the survivors construct the new interior wall and start work on the safe house, Level 15 is reached. “Excellent,” says Mike as he looks at the available list. “Make up two more bows and 50 stone arrows for each of us. Jerry and I will get started on that raft.”

A loot crate had dropped up at the point. Mike and Jerry head up to the point taking out some annoying compys on the way. This time, Mike is able to access it. “A spawn bed, some berries, some spark powder, another primitive bow, and six more tranc arrows. We need to check more of these out as we can get to them.”

Bringing the loot back, they get the raft crafted and launched. The spawn bed is placed in the front behind the sail followed by two small crates. The spare bow is stored with an assortment of supplies. A pair of torches are added to the back and stocked with wood.

“Has anyone noticed a lack of creatures in this area,” ask Mike.

“Most certainly,” answers Jane. “Something big has to be hunting them and not just that Carno we seen yesterday. Even the pteradons appear to be missing. We should be seeing many more herbivore types then our Parasaur that Carno killed. Has anyone even seen that Rex that has been across the cove?”

“No,” answers Mike. “We did not see it when we access the loot crate. With the spotting scope, we should have a look around. Anyhow, the raft is ready for us to use in the morning.”

“Be careful,” responds Jane. “There is a lot we don't know about this Jurassic World.”

Armed with their bows and spears, Mike and Jerry head up the hill to have a look at the cove. From the cliff above they find the problem over in the river delta. “Is that a giant Rex?” ask Jerry.

“No,” answers Mike. “The spotting scope identifies it as a Gigasaur.”

“It's a killing machine,” answers Jerry. “It is just attacking and killing everything it sees.”

“Damn, It's now coming this way.”

Suddenly the ground shakes as a huge head rises above the cliff they are on. “Lets get out of here,” shouts Mike.

“What is that thing? Godzilla?” ask Jerry as the both of them run back to the cave.

“Titanasaur,” answers Mike. “And, it is chasing us.”

“Everyone in the cave Now!” shouts Mike as he and Jerry scramble down the cliff side that forms the box canyon of the cave. The ground starts shaking as the Titanasaur slides down after them. More curious then aggressive, it sticks its head into the cave entrance.

“This thing can't be the reason for the lack of creatures,” says Jane. “It is a herbivore, granted, a rather big one.”

“Now, what do we do?” ask Mike. “It's too big and tough to knock out. There is no other way out of the cave.”

A thunderous roar is heard as the ground shakes from another impact. Dust and pebbles from above shower down as the Titanasaur quickly pulls it's head out of the cave.

What's going on?” ask a frightened Dee.

“Must be that Gigasaur we saw,” answers Mike. “It's more then twice the size of that T-Rex we saw the other say. It's the reason there has been nothing else around here the past two days.”

“Watch out!” warns Jerry as pieces of the safe house go bouncing off the entrance to the cave along with a squashed Dodo and pieces of the pen.

The foursome are forced to hide out in the cave as the battle rages into the night. There are roars of challenge as well as screams of pain. The ground keeps on shaking from the titanic battle. Pieces of palm trees and rocks, some with blood and pieces of flesh on them, come flying in the entrance. Towards midnight, there is a loud thud, then moaning followed by another loud thud. Then, all is quiet.

Chapter Seven. Herbivore Island.

(Substitute the appropriate F bomb where raptoring is used in the story.)

It is early morning before the foursome are brave enough to venture outside of the cave. The air is heavy with the smell of blood. The Safe House that was constructed yesterday is scattered all over the place, the Dodo pen gone. Every tree and bush in the box canyon is in splinters or mashed to the ground. Blood splatters the ground and the canyon walls near by them.

As the morning mist clears, they see them. The Titanasaur is lying on its side with huge chunks of flesh ripped out of its side. The Gigasaur, also on its side, has large chunks of it's hide hanging loose. It has a broken leg with its head smashed against a boulder, it's jaw hanging loose.

“What a raptoring mess!” exclaims Mike as he surveys the carnage. “Lets see what we can salvage from the carcasses.”

“Over a thousand hide, tons of raw meat,” says Jane after the four of them have finished using the stone hatches on the two dead titans.

“Such a strange place,” comments Dee. “Like the Carno, all traces of them have vanished once we completed butchering them for meat and hide.”

“The Gigasaur is the strangest of all,” reports Mike. “It had a metal pick, a crossbow, a pike, and a set of Gille Armor in its inventory.”

“Our raft is still on the beach,” reports Jerry.

“Excellent,” answers Mike. “We caught a break on that one. Load up the storage boxes on the raft with this meat and hide. Clean out the cave supplies as well. I'll get a second raft crafted so we can leave this site as soon as possible. The smell of blood is going to attract every predator for miles.”

It is mid morning by the time the foursome shove off on the raft. “Raptors,” warns Mike as he places the spotting scope on three creatures that look like the dilos only much larger that are coming down the hillside by the edge of the jungle. “We left there just in time. They are searching the area looking for the carcasses.”

“Where to?” ask Jerry on the other raft.

“Lets sail over to that island we tried to swim to the other day,” answers Mike. “We'll survey it from the water to look for a safe place to build another camp.”

“Most interesting, the raft sails as if it was powered by some motor and not the wind alone.

The foursome sail over to the island finding that two rock outcroppings mark off a nice sheltered bay. But before they enter it, they decide to sail around the island to observe the creatures living there.

“I see a pair of Brontos,” reports Mike. “Also, anklyosaurs, stegos, trikes, phenomas, pteradons, and Dee's favorite, parasaurs. The best news, I see no predators of any kind.”

“What a relief,” answers Jane. “We can rest easy from what happened last night.”

“Lets land by the rock outcropping on the sandbar inside the bay.” says Mike to the others. “It should be easy to fence off the sandbar from the other creatures if we have to.”

Dee is thrilled that there are parasaurs here and no carnos to threaten them. So, Mike takes her out with him to test out the theory of the tranc arrows. Jane has told him that the tranc arrows can be used to easily knock out most any creature they find on this Jurassic Island, that they will be a lot more effective using the crossbow he found on the dead Gigasaur. So, they find a pair back in the box canyon of the cove. Jane joins them as he drops one of them with a tranc arrow, then the other.

“Mate Boosted,” says Jane. “That makes both of them stronger.”

“OK ladies, time to babysit them until they are your tame.” answers Mike. “Us men have a shelter to build.”

A thatch shelter is built along the boulders of the point with a fence started to cut off the sandbar from the roaming herbivores. As the fire pit, mortise and pestle, bed, and other items are placed, Jane and Dee come riding back on their new tames.

“They are so sweet,” Dee says.

“I have a job for you two,” answers Mike. “Go explore the entire island from top of the ridge to the shoreline. Give your new tames a good workout. Find out what they are capable of. And, don't pick up any eggs, especially from mama Bronto.”

“Level 20,” reports Jerry. “We can get a Trike Saddle. Are those things really tamable?

“Should we find out?” ask Mike.

“Lets find out with that one,” answers Jerry.

“Run for the trees!” warns Mike after they find two angry trikes chasing them. They get tangled in the trees where they are soon knocked out by the tranc arrows.

“Well, that was exciting,” answers Jerry. “I though that they would run away like the parasaurs.”

“Well, it is a good thing we had these trees nearby,” answers Mike. “those horns could be pretty wicked.”

“This looks like it could take a while,” reports Mike. “ You better go back to camp and bring all the extra narcs with you.”

It is mid afternoon when Jane and Dee find the two men scrambling to gather mejoberries for the two trikes. “We have extra narco berries and mejoberries on the parasaurs you can use.”

“Thanks,” answers Mike. “What did you find our about this island?”

“We found metal bearing rock up on the ridge,” answers Jane. “Also, we confirmed that there are no predators of any kind around here, not even those pesky compys. This indeed will be a Jurassic Paradise. We should make this island our home base until we can find the others.”

“Good idea,” mikes answers. “Can you craft us up some Trike saddles back in the camp?”

"We'll get on that right away,” answers Jane.

It is late afternoon with Jane and Dee come back with the trike saddles. “They are almost done,” reports Mike.

“This one is awake,” announces Jerry. “The big guy is quite friendly.”

“My girl is awake,” announces Mike. “Lets get them saddled and see what they can do.”

“Great, they not only can get lots of berries at once, they can gather wood and thatch in large amounts at once. Lets get a pen built for our tames before it gets dark.”

“Excellent, We have a preserving bin.” answers Jane. “Lets get one built to keep the raw meat in. A bunch of it has spoiled already.”

“The trikes got us lots of narcoberries to make narcs with the spoiled meat,” answers Mike. “We can now make up more tranc arrows. The ones we have from the loot crate and dead predators have worked quite well.”

“I see a loot crate dropping down on the ridge,” reports Jane.

“Go see what is in it,” answers Mike. “We'll finish up the preserving bin.”

Jane soon returns as the other three are putting the finishing touches on the new dino pen. “How do you like my leather outfit? It was in the loot crate with a fishing rod.

“It looks great," answers Mike.

'When can I have a leather outfit?" ask Dee.

"Why not just craft up one from the extra hide," answers Mike.

"Oh, I forgot," answers Dee. "Can I use the fishing pole to catch some fish?"

"Just don't catch any of those sharks with it,” answers Mike.

“There is one thing I have noticed that is most interesting,” comments Dee. “Has anyone seen any babies or juveniles? All the creatures here appear to be young adults.”

“Yes, that is strange.” answers Jane. “It makes one wonder if we are indeed in a Jurrasic Park, where all the creatures have been artificially created at the same time.”

“It's possible.” answers Mike. “It must have something to do with those three floating obelisks. I highly doubt that these prehistoric creatures could have been tamed back in their time.”

With signal torches set up on the two stone outcroppings and up on the ridge, it has turned out to be one most amazing day on this Jurassic Island. Both Dee and Jane have Parasaurs as pets and the two men a pair of trikes.

Chapter Eight. Day Six, The failed escape.

It is early morning as the two men are discussing where they think they are and how they can sail back to civilization. “It is quite obvious that we are not in the Pacific Ocean, the water is fresh,” answers Mike.

“Could we be in Lake Gatun?” ask Jerry.

“No,” Mike answers. “We would be seeing ships and other signs of civilization by now. A place like this could never be kept a secret for long. We should take one of the rafts, tame up a pair of Lystrosaurus to take with us, make a compass, and see how far we can sail to the Northeast.”

“How do we tame the Lystrosaurus?” Mike ask Jane.

“Just feed them mejoberries when they are hungry,” answers Jane. “Why do you want to tame them?”

“We want to sail the raft back to civilization,” answers Mike. “We want them as proof that we are not nuts when we tell the authorities about this place.”

With a pair of tamed Lystrosaurus on the raft along with extra supplies, Mike and Jerry sail off to the Northeast. Herbivore island is just about ready to drop off the horizon when;

WHAM!

“What just happened?” ask Jerry as he picks himself up from the floor of the raft.

“We ran into that,” answers Mike pointing at a shimmering white net distorting the sea and clouds beyond. It stretches as high and as far as they can see.

“A force field,” says Jerry. “Whatever brought us here doesn't want us to escape.”

“Now, how do we get back to civilization?” ask Mike.

“It looks like we don't” answers Jerry. “At least, until we find another way out or, whoever made those floating obelisk decides to send us back.”

“Lets sail back and tell the girls the bad news,” answers Mike. “At least, we are in a safer location on Herbivore Island then we were back by the cave.”

Jane and Dee are up on the hill with their parasaurs. They have just collected the contents of another drop when Dee spots the raft returning.

“Something must have gone wrong,” says Dee. “They are returning much too soon.” They follow the raft along the North shoreline to the camp on the point as the raft rounds the rock outcropping and is docked with the other one.

“What happened?” ask Dee.

“We ran into a force field,” answers Mike. “Whoever is in those floating obelisk have us trapped here.”

“Now, what do we do,” ask Jane.

“We make the best of it,” answers Mike. “We explore the shoreline of the main island and head inland if we have to, until we can find a way back or the support team.”

“Lets see if our big tames can ride on the raft so we can take them with us.” says Mike.

“Good,” after taking one of the trikes for a short sail. “They ride quite well but there is only room for one. We will need a raft for each of our big tames.”

“Lets keep this camp as a base of operation. Then, as soon as we are ready, we can set sail around the mainland taking our tames with us.”

The foursome set up their task for the rest of the afternoon. A refining forge is built to process the metal ore from the metal bearing rocks on the ridge. A big chunk of the forest is harvested to construct two more rafts and outfit them with extra materials for building overnight camps.

“Jerry and I are going to take the trikes over to the mainland for more building materials before we run out here. They will give us a good idea what their defensive abilities are against any predators we find over there.”

Sailing over to the mainland shore, they land in an area with lots of palms with a cliff towards the interior. “That's good,” answers Mike. “We shouldn't have to worry about something coming from that direction. We can at least see what is coming down the beach as we log trees.”

“If we craft up the foundations, walls, and ceilings, we can carry a lot more finished items on the raft,” suggest Jerry.

“Too bad these guys can't get us fiber,” answers Mike. “It would make this job go a lot faster.”

Just then, a parasaur, frightened out of its wits, comes running past them from out of the cove area. “Get on the trikes,” orders Mike. “It's too late to get back to the rafts.”

“Another carno,” warns Jerry. “Now what do we do.”

“We use the trikes as tanks and attack it,” answers Mike. “Follow my lead as we get on the beach where there is some room. I'll get its attention. When it comes towards me, you flank it and ram it from the side as I charge it head on. If we time it right, those horns will rip it a new one.”

Mike takes his Trike out on the beach then faces the carno which then spots him. Jerry maneuvers to the side. Yelling at the carno Mike get it to charge him. “Now!” mike orders Jerry. The two trikes charge in the flanking maneuver. Mike's trike hits the carno in the face with its horn as Jerry's trike spears the carno's side pinning it against a boulder. With a roar of surprise and pain, the carno soon bites the dust.

“Good job,” Mike tells his trike as he checks her for any injuries. “Only minor scratches.”

“Look what they did to that carno,” exclaims Jerry.

“Yep, a horn through the roof of its mouth into its brain and it's stomach ripped open.” answers Mike.

“Level 25,” comments Mike. “Lets get this carcass harvested and head back to camp.”

“What happened to your trikes?” ask Mary and Dee as the two men return to camp on the rafts.

“They are fine,” answers Mike. “All that blood is from a carno they killed that attacked us. Their heads are like battering rams with all of those big horns. We just faced the carno and rammed it into a boulder. Those horns really did a number on it.”

“We got a ton of wood construction components crafted and stored on the two rafts.” answers Jerry. “We can now quickly set up an overnight camp with a pen when we start exploring the shoreline.”

“We can now make the Smithy,” answers Jane.

“Great! That will let us make and repair metal tools and the crossbow,” answers Mike.

“Medium crop plots,” comments Jane. “We can start planting some of these advance crop seeds.”

“We need fertilizer for those garden plots,” says Dee. “Good, there is plenty of poop we can pick up from the wild dinos here.”

“Our trikes can easily get the thatch,” answers Mike.

“Lets get some compost bins built and working before dark,” answers Dee.

Stone pipe are crafted along with several small and medium plots. An area on the beach, behind a fence to protect the crop plots, is set up for the farming area. For now, poop is used in the plots. Narcoberries, Mejoberries, and advanced crops are planted. “It will be interesting to see how fast they grow,” comments Dee.

During the evening meeting, Mike discusses the plan for exploring in the morning. “We plan to sail West towards the Red Obelisk. We should place a preserving bin on one of the rafts for storing our cooked and raw meat. We may want to consider leaving the Parasaurs here given the danger along the shore and how vulnerable they are to being attacked. We can double up riding the trikes until we tame up something else that is as capable of defending itself as the trikes can.”

“We can let them loose on the island while we are gone,” answers Dee. “We should have no problem finding them when we come back. I don't think that I could stand seeing another one of those sweet things becoming Carno dinner again.”

Chapter 9. Day Seven, we sail West.

In the morning, four rafts set sail West along the shoreline of the main island. Mike and Jerry are in the lead with their trikes on their rafts as Jane and Dee follow with the supply rafts. The plan, to survey the coastline and draw up a map of what they find for further exploration should that become necessary.

The cliff from the trip of yesterday drops off into a bay with a stream that becomes impassable due to all of the boulders in it. “We won't be able to sail up into that,” comments Mike. “Lets continue West.”

Further past the bay of the rocky stream, the foursome observes heavy jungle that comes down to the beach. An assortment of herbivores are observed feeding along the jungle edge. A Bronto is among them. “Good place to get stepped on,” comments Jerry.

Continuing on, another stream shows up with a small island on its delta. A large cove is bordered by a cliff to the North and a rocky outcropping on the South. There are Dodo birds and other smaller creatures living in the area. “We can mark this stream as navigable and the bay as a safe harbor,” reports Mike. “Lets continue South and West.”

Sailing around the rocky point the foursome continue sailing West where they soon find another small bay with a river leading inland to a huge redwood forest. “Here is another stream that looks like we can sail into,” reports Mike.

“Doesn't look too friendly in there,” reports Jerry as he sees several raptors and a carno patrolling the shoreline of the river there.

Continuing on, they come along another bay with a peninsula on the left, a plateau beyond, and another stream leading into a swampy area. The redwoods show up in the distance.

“Does that look like a Spino up the river?” ask Jane.

“That's what my spotting scope says it is,” answers Mike.

“Well, the peninsula looks safe enough,” answers Jerry.

“Lets continue on,” answers Mike “We're getting closer to the Red Obelisk.”

Rounding another area of shoreline from the plateau, they find another bay with a river leading into the swamp and what looks like a cut separating some land to the South from the mainland by the Red Obelisk. “There's another Spino in the bay.” reports Jerry. “It looks like it is fishing.”

“I can see why,” answers Mike. “I am seeing a lot of fish and the occasional manta ray in the water around here.”

“Lets sail through the cut, then around this island to survey what is living on it. Then, we can look for a safe place to set up camp for the night.”

As they sail through the cut, they come upon a beautiful sight. “Such a lovely waterfalls,” says Dee. “So peaceful looking.”

“Not so with that prehistoric crock sunning itself on the rock next to it.” answers Mike. “Hard telling what is in that jungle above.”

“There is a cut into where the Red Obelisk is.” answers Jerry. “Should we sail into it?”

“Looks clear,” answers Mike. “Lets find a place to beach the rafts and ride double up on the Trikes.”

Landing on the beach below next to a stone ramp, the foursome double up on the two trikes. Riding them up the ramp towards where the red beam of light is reaching the ground, they encounter four raptors hiding among the jumble of metal shapes that surround a flat metal floor with an alter at its center.

“Crossbows,” orders Mike as he grabs his. A pair of raptors drop to the ground as the trikes spear the other two killing them. (Author's note. Ark now allows players to shoot ranged weapons from land mounts.)

“Opps, I forgot that we only had tranc arrows,” announces Mike. “These two are unconscious. Anyone want to tame a pair of raptors?”

“They do look kinda cute,” answers Dee. “Do you think that they will make good tame?”

“One way to find out,” answers Mike. “We have extra narcs on the raft if we need it. Lets harvest the dead ones for their meat and hide. There should be ample supplies to craft the saddles for them. You can babysit them while we check out the alter. If you need any help, call for us. The Trikes will keep an eye out for any danger that comes up here.”

Mike, Jane, and Jerry go check out the alter. “Amazing how that bright red beam of light is only the size of a pencil when it reaches the alter,” comments Mike.

“Interesting,” answers Jane. “We can place tributes to summons something called a Broodmother to fight, or we can transfer to another Ark. There just isn't anything here telling us how to get back to our Naked and Afraid campsite, or even back to the support team camp.”

“Hard to believe something so huge can float so precisely above something with that light beam originating from here and going up through it for miles.” comments Jerry.

“Everyone come here,” announces Dee. “The raptors are about ready to wake up.”

It isn't long before there are two raptors that are craving attention from the foursome.

“That's a switch,” comments Jerry. “A pair of predators that wanted us for lunch are now our best friends.”

“Like a pair of big puppy dogs,” answers Dee. “Lets get some saddles for them.”

They ride the trikes down to the raft as the raptors follow close behind. The raft has the materials needed and two raptor saddles are crafted. “Like riding the parasaurs,” comments Dee.

“And, far more capable of protecting themselves,” answers Mike. “Lets get them on the rafts so we can sail around the island. Then find a spot to build a camp and pen before it gets dark.”

Sailing around the western end, they find a series of sandbars with large flat areas inhabited by dodos, Lystrosaurus, and some dilos. “This looks like a good area to set up camp for the night,” says Mike. “Lets continue to be sure the island is safe.”

Continuing on, they spot a Bronto just past a hill, then they spot it. “Oh No, another Godzilla?” says Jerry.

“A Titanasaur, and its coming this way,” answers Mike. “Everyone, head out to sea.”

The Titansaur heads out into the water after them but suddenly, with a great splash, it steps over an underwater ledge becoming fully submerged. The wave nearly swamps the rafts but the tames manage to stay put as the waves settle down.

“What just happened?” ask Dee as the foursome witness bubbles coming to the surface where the Titanasaur fell in.

“It must be so heavy with all of that armor plating that it can't swim,” answers Mike. “Stay clear of the area just in case it finds its way to the surface. Lets continue on to where the cut is, then return this way just to be sure that it is gone for good.”

They continue sailing past a rocky cove, then a cliff, finally to a sandy beach on the east side with a steep slope into the jungle, then they reach the cut. Turning around, they head back for the sandbars to make camp. “Looks like it drowned,” comments Mike. “At least, we won't have to worry about it raiding our camp.”

Back at the selected campsite, the prefab fencing and buildings go up in no time. Jane and Dee take the two raptors for a quick hunting trip, then return. "Just like the Parasaurs, only a lot better at hunting," comments Jane.The two Trikes and Raptors are secured in the pen as night falls.

“Where to tomorrow?” ask Jerry.

“We head North towards the Blue Obelisk,” answers Mike.

(Gameplay note. I did find a Titanasaur on Crag's Island near where the foursome are camped. It fell off the underwater ledge when it went after my raft. I only rescued it by flying over onto its back and force taming it. I couldn't use the Players Only cheat as it submerged when I used it. Then, it was a real pain to ride it along the underwater cliff until I could get it to find footing on a slope. They literally swim like a rock.)

Chapter 10; Day Eight on the Ark.

Packing up the four rafts with a tame on each, the foursome set sail North along the coast past the Red Obelisk as they head to the blue one on the horizon. It soon becomes apparent that the blue one resides on top of a snow covered mountain peak.

“A snow peaked mountains in the tropics?” questions Mike.

“Not so impossible,” answers Dee. “There is snow the year around on top of Mauna Loa in Hawaii and Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa. It just a much bigger mystery here.”

The shoreline continues to have the varying cliff side with jungle above. A variety of creatures dot the beach which includes Dodos, Lysosaurs, pteradons, compys, an occasional raptor, Trikes, Stego, a Gallimimus, and a Bronto.

“What is that huge flying creature over the land mass?” ask Jerry.

“It is a Quetzal,” answers Jane after placing her spotting scope on it.

“Is it dangerous?” ask Jerry.

“No,” answers Jane. “It is a fish eater.”

“It's as big as a small plane,” comments Mike. “I wonder if they can be tamed.”

“That would be most interesting flying on one of them,” comments Jane.

A bay comes into view with a palm tree boulder lined sand bar that forms one side. “A good place to set up camp, gather resources, and explore the mainland.” suggest Mike.

“Lets do so,” answers Jerry. “There is a supply drop up on the hill. We'll take the raptors there in case we need to make a quick getaway.”

Landing the raft with the raptors, Mike and Jane ride them up to the supply drop. “Keep watch for danger while I access the drop,” instructs Mike. “Excellent, a complete set of something called fur armor. Looks really warm. This might be useful if we need to travel up the snow capped mountain.”

“Oh wow, This stuff is heavy. It weighs nearly forty pounds. Jane, take two pieces of this until we can place it in storage on the raft. My raptor can't carry that much weight with me riding it.”

Back on the raft, the fur armor is transferred into a storage box. “Can we make up three more sets if we need to?” ask Jane.

“Only if we can get 159 metal ingots and 960 pelts.” answers Mike. “The hide and fiber are minor. Other then all that metal, which we will have to get back on Herbivore Island, I haven't seen any mammals around here that gives up pelts when you harvest them.”

“Lets do some more exploring inland so long as we don't have to travel in any jungle.”

Inland a bit in the open hills, they spot some new creatures grazing among the scattered trees. “Look at the size of those mammals,” comments Jane.

“Paracers,” answers Mike as he places his spotting scope on them. “There is certainly no fur on them. Like the Brontos, they appear to be peaceful enough if you don't harm them.”

From the top of the hill, they start heading down towards a valley containing a swamp environment. Mangrove and other large trees inhabit the swamp proper. The water is covered in reeds, lily pads, and pond scum. The Redwood Forest towers beyond.

“Shall we cross the swamp?” ask Jane.

“Better not,” answers Mike. “I am seeing a lot of activity in that water.”

Suddenly, something comes flying out of the water after Jane's raptor which instinctively jumps sideways and just misses being hit.

“Get away from the water and fast,” warns Mike. “That was too fast for a sarco.” They quickly run back up the hill as the crock like creature turns around and goes back into the water.

“Kaproschus according to my spotting scope. Also giant leaches in the water, Titanoboas, Piranha, and all manner of giant insects. Not a friendly place at all.”

“Interesting that the Paracers don't seem to be affected,” answers Jane.

“It might have to do with their size,” answers Mike. “They are just too big for the predators to bother with.”

The return back remains uneventful other then Mike spotting a pair of Carnos near the jungle to the South. “Hopefully, they won't bother us on the sand point. At least, we have the Trikes to deal with them if they become a problem.”

“What the!” yells Mike as a swarm of flying ants fly in to attack. “Use your raptor to kill them. Watch out for the ones on the ground as well. Jump off your raptor and spear them.”

Mike and Jane spear the ants as the raptors go after the flying ones. Between the raptors and their spears, they get a total of seven flyers and a dozen on the ground. “Use the hatchet to harvest their bodies.

“Those things are worse then the compys, especially the flying one.,” comments Jane. “It looks like my raptor gathered some raw meat and chitlin from the ants she ate. Why is she getting sleepy?”

“Better give her some stimm berries before she falls asleep,” answers Mike. “The bite from those ants acts like a narcoberry poison.”

“That's better,” answers Jane. “She is a lot more alert now.”

Heading back to the rafts, they sail across to the sand point where Jerry and Dee are building a shelter and wood pen for the night.

“What was it like over there?” ask Jerry.

“Not so friendly,” answers Mike.

“The open hill wasn't too bad other then having to deal with ants the size of dogs including flying ones. Not much else is there other then some Carnos we saw at the edge of the jungle.”

“Don't even think of exploring in the swamp on foot. Jane nearly lost her raptor to an ambush attack by a crock like creature. Even worse, the water is crawling with Piranha, Titanboas, and leaches the size of domestic cats. I even saw frogs big enough to ride on. And the dragon flies are huge.”

“How was your exploration along the sand point and bay?”

“We found lots of boulders and wood.” answers Jerry. “Also, plenty of berries the Trikes were able to gather for us. Some Dodos, a couple of compys and dilos the trikes got rid of, and this strange looking mammal that looks like a cross between a horse and a gorilla. It threw mud at us when we got too close to it to check it out.”

“According to the Survivor Handbook, you found a Chalicotherium,” answers Jane. “Their front paws are very strong. To tame one, you have to get it drunk on beer.”

“That's absolutely crazy,” responds Mike. “Where would we get the beer to get them drunk?”

“It looks like we may be able to make beer when we reach Level 35,” answers Jane. “However, we would need a saddle for them and we are a long ways off from even making one.”

“In the meantime, we can now make better armor from all of the chitlin we got from those ants. Lets get our camp done, craft up additional building materials, and make plans to sail towards the snow capped mountain tomorrow.”

55 minutes ago, Purplebirdie said:

Looking forward to the next chapter. 

It's halfway done. It will likely occupy two days as they head back to Herbivore Island.

You can read Ark, The Adventure Continues complete revision if you haven't done so already. My Avatar is inspired from the latest chapters.

Found a lot more content to add;

Chapter 11, Day Nine on the Ark

It is morning as the foursome prepare the rafts for the trip further North. “Looks like we could have made saddles for the Paracers,” says Jane. “However, they would take a long time to tame.”

“Perhaps, if we need to seriously explore the swamp, we could then tame a pair.” answers Mike. “But, not at this time.”

As the rafts set sail reaching the end of the sandbar, the foursome spot the Chalicotherium, tossing mud balls at each other.

“Those horse like creatures look like they would make great mounts.” comments Mike. “Big, strong, and more then able to defend themselves against predators. We should try to get some once we have beer and can make saddles for them.”

“I still can't believe you just get them drunk on beer to tame them.”

“This place gets more weird the longer we are trapped on it,” comments Dee.

Sailing past where the Chalicotherium are playing, the shoreline gets quite rocky. Then, the fog rolls in.

“Not good,” says Mike. “We can barely see each others raft let alone the shoreline.”

“Light one of the standing torches on the raft,” answers Jerry. “It will make it easier to see each other.”

“Better just anchor here until the fog lifts,” answers Mike. “I don't want to risk piling a raft with a tame on the rocks.”

“What's making that flapping sound?” ask Dee.

“There it is,” answers Jane. “One just landed next to my raft.”

“A Pelagornis,” answers Mike after placing the spotting scope on it. “It looks like a pelican with a 30 foot wingspan. The fog must be forcing them to land until it lifts.”

“Our torches must be attracting them,” reports Jane. “The Survivor's Handbook says they can be tamed but require raw fish to tame and a saddle.”

It starts raining which soon gets rid of the fog. Being able to see where the shoreline is. The foursome starts sailing north with the Pelagoenis flying escort before they disperse out to sea.

With the weather clearing, the group sees another set of waterfalls coming from the cliffs above into a small bay. “At least, there are no Sarcos sunning themselves on the rocks here.” comments Mike.

“Are there really icebergs and an ice pack up ahead?” ask Jerry as the group sail past a sandy beach with some palms and jungle near it.

“Turn around,” shouts Mike as the temperature instantly drops from 80 degrees to zero. “How could it possibly get so cold so fast?”

“We'll have to wear the fur armor and leave the tames back where it is warmer,” answers Jane. “Lets set up a camp on that nice sandy beach we passed.”

“On My God! Look at all the predators where the ice borders the palms,” warns Mike. “T-Rexes, Carnos, Giant scorpions, Raptors, Saber Cats, big flying eagles. Looks like one giant fight going on here.”

“Best we get out of their sight before we build our camp out here,” answers Jerry. “That's way too many predators to take on at once.”

Landing at the safe area on the sandy beach, the foursome start construction on the dino pen next to the water and the rafts before building a shelter. “We will need to keep watch so we can make a quick getaway in case that mob works its way down to where we are,” warns Mike.

“One thing for certain,” answers Jane. “We are not going anywhere near those palms to get anything from there.”

“We now have Level 35. We can get Pteranodon Saddles.”

“Excellent,” answers Mike. “A rifle and shotgun along with ammo. We should head back to Herbivore Island where we can craft those up along with the better armor, tame up some of those Pteranodon, and come back to fly recon.”

“Lets sail back to Sand Point for the night. I don't think that it is wise to remain here overnight especially with those big flying eagles and all those T-Rexes nearby. Put both raptors on one raft so I can take my raft into the arctic biome for a quick exploration. It is too cold up there for a cold blooded animal. I'll give the fur armor a test to see if it is worth the effort to make up three more sets.”

Mike sets sail to the ice pack as the other three head back to Sand Point. They reach that camp by mid afternoon using the rest of the day to gather resources for more building materials.

Dee heads up to where the Chalicotherium are playing and climbs up on a boulder to watch them play. She sees a raptor run in to ambush one. The raptor learns the hard way not to be messing with one when it goes flying into a boulder after being swatted by a fore paw, then gets a boulder to the head which kills it. “Very capable of defending itself,” she thinks. “Good thing I left my raptor back at camp.”

Surprisingly, one comes up close enough to take interest in her sitting on the boulder watching them. A Level 15 female registers in her Specimen Implant, it is more curious about her rather then being a threat. It comes close enough for Dee to reach out and scratch it behind the ear while she is talking to it. The Chalicotherium looks at her for a moment, gives her a nudge with its nose, then with a snort, runs off to join the others.

Running back to camp, Dee tells Jane about her little adventure. “You actually touched one and it didn't pelt you with a mud ball?” ask Jane.

“Yes,” answers Dee. “I do believe that they can be tamed by just getting them drunk on beer. She was just plain curious of me sitting on the boulder, so came over to check me out.”

“While basically friendly, I watch one just totally wreak a raptor that attacked it. It's a good thing I left my raptor back at camp or I could have easily had got her killed. It was one swat, one thrown boulder, and good bye raptor.”

As evening approaches, everyone is wondering where Mike is. “He should have been back some time ago,” says Jane. “I hope something didn't happen to him.”

“I'll place a torch up on the roof of the shelter so he can see it.” answers Jerry.

It is nearly midnight when Jane sees a light on the water to the North. It is Mike on the raft heading back to Sand Point Camp.

“I spent a lot more time in the Arctic Biome then I expected,” says Mike when he docks his raft. “Thanks for lighting a torch on the roof. It made it a lot easier for me to find the camp.”

“What did you find up there that took you so long?” ask Jane. “Where did you find this huge wolf?”

“The ice pack was an unexpected source of rare resources,” answers Mike. "I found the wolf up there."

“The storage boxes on the raft are crammed full of oil and crystal. They were all over the ice pack and base of the iceberg. I even found some pearls in the frozen shore.”

“It's a good thing there was several stacks of firewood on the raft. I kept both fires going, not only to keep warm, but to cook up all of the raw prime meat I got off several penguins. I was even able to make up four sets of Gille Armor from the organic polymer I got from them when they were harvested for hide and meat. We can use that when it gets too hot for our leather clothes. It also makes good camouflage if we want to get close or hide from something.”

“Up on the cliff, I saw Mammoths, woolly rhinos, saber tooth tigers, giant elks, more Chalicotherium, those big eagles, and packs of Dire Wolves. Definitely not a friendly place to be in.”

“Before I left, I saw a badly injured mammoth fall off the glacier from above. This wolf fell down with it and forced me to knock it out, so I tamed it. It took several trips to haul the heavy pelt I got from its hide back to the raft. We now have have enough pelts for three sets of fur armor.”

“Interestingly, this wolf doesn't need a saddle or bridle. Like a sled dog you just control him with voice commands. Just watch out for his tongue. He can be as bad as a big puppy.”

“That was most worthwhile the trip you made alone,” answers Jane. “If we are still stuck here, we should explore there in the future.”

“Nice to learn that the Chalicotherium can tolerate the cold as well. Dee watch one kill an attacking raptor. She even had one come up to her so she could pet it. They should be easy tames once we have beer and the saddles. Both they and your wolf would make good cold weather mounts.”

“Lets get some rest and head back to Herbivore Island,” answers Mike.

A short chapter, then a lot of update to be incorporated into the following day on Ark

Chapter 11 Day Ten on Ark

Early morning, the foursome load up their tames on the rafts to set sail directly for the camp on Herbivore Island. Extra building materials have been left in storage on Sand Point along with a note where to find the main camp.

Mike has left a thatch hut with a note at the beach where he tamed the wolf that fell onto the Mammoth. A note is also left at Crag's Island camp, and at the Red Obelisk.

With good sailing weather and the shortcut through the cut at Crag's Island, Herbivore Island is reached by noon.

“Lets keep the raptors in the pen for now,” orders Jane. “They may make the wild herbivores quite nervous. Then, when we can, we should move them back to the cave base. Let the Trikes loose so they can stretch their legs and enjoy themselves. We can always go get one if we need them to gather berries and thatch.”

“I'll go drop a couple of Pteradons, then help unload the raft,” mike tells the others.

“Tangle their legs with a bola so they don't end up in the water,” answers Jane. “Be careful with the tranc arrows on the crossbow. The Survivor's Handbook warns they can be quite fragile.”

“Once they are down, I'll come back for Dee,” answers Mike.

Heading out from the dino pen, it is a short walk up the beach before he finds one landing to rest from fishing. With quick work from the bola, he traps one dropping it with one crossbow arrow to the body. A second one soon joins the first.

“OK, Dee,” says Mike. “Here are two Pteras for you to babysit. They eat raw fish which you can get from the preserving bin if you need more.”

Dee watches over the pteradons as the rest finish unloading the rafts. As they have taken the longest to tame of any creatures so far, it is late afternoon before the taming process is complete.

“That was interesting,” Dee tells Mike. “The tranc arrow did quite a bit of damage to them, yet they were fully healed long before they were tamed.”

“Dee. You want to fly on one?” ask Mike as he comes over with the saddles.

“Absolutely,” she answers.

“We'll just fly around the Herbivore Island for now. Then, tomorrow, we can go check out the Mainland and the cave base.”

“Wow, so beautiful,” says Dee as they fly above the little island.

“Looks like there is a lot to still explore,” answers Mike. “At least these creatures will give us a faster way to search for anyone that may be on Ark with us.”

“We better land back in camp before it gets too dark to see anything.”

The rest of the evening is spent processing raw metal, crafting up a pair of long neck rifles with ammo, three sets of fur armor, and spare items that require the Forge and Smithy.

Chapter 12, Day Eleven on the Ark

“What happened around here?” asks a startled Mike as he wakes up and looks around.

“Looks like every tree and boulder just decided to reappear overnight.” answers Jane.

“I'm going to saddle a Pteradon and have a look around.” answers Mike. “Oh, he has a level up like we get. What should I level him up on?”

“How about stamina so they don't get as tired so quickly,” answers Dee.

“Good idea,” answers Mike.

Selecting stamina and applying it causes a most unusual reaction to the pteradon as he gives a squeal of pleasure and does a little dance. “That was different, He really enjoyed that.”

“Something new must have been added to our specimen implant,” answers Dee as she comes back from visiting the wandering Parasaurs. “They were being so affectionate when I leveled each of them a few minutes ago. That has never happened before.”

“It is the same with the raptors,” answers Jane. “They were jumping for joy.”

“Whatever that was, the trikes really liked it.” responds Jerry.

“Better be prepared for a big puppy dog,” warns Mike as he goes to level up the wolf. With a howl of delight and a bow, White Fang responds to this new form of attention.

“Now, we really got a bunch of affectionate prehistoric pets,” answers Dee. “I hope we can take them with us when we are able to leave Ark.”

Making the quick survey flight, Mike confirms that the changes have occur all over Herbivore Island. “All the trees, the boulders, and metal rocks are back. It is as if we were never here.”

“Wonder what it will be like back at the cave?” ask Jane.

“Lets get the other pteradon ready and go fly over there,” answers Mike. “Then, we can plan if we wish to rebuild over there or not.”

With the pteradons saddled, Mike and Jane head across to the mainland making a stop by the cliff where they had the Trikes take out a carno a couple of days ago.

“What is that thing being chased by the spitters?” ask Jane.

“I don't know,” answers Mike. It looks like one of those Lystrosaurus but it is too big. “Lets use our fliers to snatch them away.”

Flying low with the pteradons, they surprise both spitters by grabbing them, then taking them high into the air before dropping them to the hard ground. The pteradons then feast on the crippled spitters.

Placing the spotting scope on the unusual creature, Mike announces that it registers as a Moschop. “Doesn't seem to be able to defend itself, he tells Jane. Lets go check it out.

Landing close by, they dismount and walk over to it. “Interesting message,” says Jane. “Seems that we can just tame like we did the Lystrosaurus. But, they require food that we don't have at present.”

“Just like getting the Chalicotherium drunk on beer in order to tame them.” answers Mike. “lets continue on to check out the cave base.”

Flying across the cove, they reach the box canyon where the cave is. But, something is wrong. There is no evidence that there had been a titanic fight that forced them to leave days earlier. All the trees and stones are back as if nothing had happened there. A couple of Dodos, Parasaurs, and Trikes are in the area. A Chalicotherium is grazing up on the plateau above near the ruins where The Survivor's Handbook was found. Another Moschop is roaming along the shore along with a pair of Trike like creatures never seen before. “A Patchyrhinosaurus,” comments Jane after checking it out with her spotting scope.

“This is really weird,” comments Mike. Our torches are still up on the cliff, yet, there is no sign of the safe house or anything outside the cave. Lets land and check inside the cave.”

“The entrance looks different,” comments Jane as they land.

Making sure that there is nothing around that can threaten the pteradons, they enter the cave. “Strange,” answers Mike. “All traces of our camp inside have vanished. Even the wall we built to keep the bats out. All missing.”

“Maybe, a good thing we left when we did,” answers Jane. “Or we could have vanished like our camp here. In fact, the chamber in where we built the base in is gone as well.”

“We probably can build on the ridge above,” says Mike. “With a short tower, we should be able to see quite a ways along the beach.”

“We can build it using stone,” answers Jane. “Once we get established here, we can continue our exploration North to look for the others.”

“Excellent, another level up for our pteradons,” comments Mike. “The more we put stamina on them, the further they can fly before we have to rest them.”

“The really do enjoy being leveled up.” answers Jane.

“They sure do,” answers Mike. “Lets fly back to Herbivore Island and report our findings.”

Flying back, they make their report to the support team. “Except for the torches up on the ridge, there is no trace of our base having been built in the cave.” Mike reports. “In fact, there is no trace that there was that fight between the Gigasaur and the Titanasaur. All the trees are back. All the boulders are back. And, we have some creatures we have never seen before.”

“We can build on the ridge with stone above where the cave is. It's a good view from up there. We can leave the herbivores here for now and take the raptors along.”

“Sounds like a plan,” answers Jerry. “We should get started while we have plenty of daylight left.”

The foursome sail back to the cave cove with the raptors, their wolf, and the pteradons. Working all the rest of the day, materials are gathered for a stone pen up on the ridge for the tames and a shelter.

Checking out the Moschop, Dee finds out it is requesting food that they do have. She feeds it.

Stone pipes are available along with crop plots. “There are some nice flat areas up here for farming the plots if we could get water up here,” says Jane.

“Lets see if it is possible,” answers Mike. “Lets bring the pipe up the cliff side and see if we can get water up here.”

They start laying the pipe but then run into a problem with the steep cliff. “How can we place pipe in an area we can't climb up?” ask Jerry.

“We could try building from the pteradons,” answers Mike. “They can hover like a helicopter over one spot. We can try positioning them over the existing pipe and build from there.” With a bit of trial and error, they get the pipe up to the plateau and place in a tap.

“It shouldn't but it works,” comments Mike. “We now have water for the crop plots and for us.”

As evening approaches, Dee comes into camp with a most unusual tame. “You got one,” says Jane. “What can you do with it?”

“Look in its inventory,” answers Dee. “This guy can harvest just about anything for us on his own. He got all of this when I told him to gather for me.”

“What does he eat?” ask Jane.

“Just about anything.” Dee answers. “But mostly berries.”

“He could be a big help in gathering thatch on his own for us.” answers Mike.

“We will need to protect him as he doesn't seem capable of attacking anything.” Answers Dee. “However, He will harvest Dodos and other creatures that we kill for meat and hide. He can do so more efficiently then we can. I speared some pesky Compys, then watched him harvested them for their meat and hide.”

“What an interesting tame,” comments Mike as Dee levels him up.

“I can also increase his ability to harvest specific rare items for us,” answers Dee. “This is our most interesting tame yet.”

“We should try to tame one of those Patchyrhinosaurus in the morning,” says Jane. “Their saddle is designed so we can ride double. That would be quite useful around here.”

“It would make fighting off predators much easier when both of us can use our weapons while riding.” answers Mike. “Lets try for a pair. Then, we can explore down the beach or beyond the cove with them.”

“We may want to wait until we can get the vegetables to craft Bug Repellent,” answers Jane after checking out the Survivor's Handbook. “Otherwise, it make take us days to tame one.”

“Then, lets get the garden planted so we can start on taming them as soon as possible.” answers Mike. “Maybe get some beer brewing so we can get a Chalicotherium as well.”

“What will we do with all of these tames?” ask Jerry.

“We just take the ones we need for a specific job and either keep the others in a pen or let them wander in a safe area.” answers Mike.

“Looks like another beautiful tropical night,” says Dee as night arrives. “Hard to believe that we have been here for eleven days already.”

“One thing is for certain," answers Mike. "No one is going to believe us when we do get back,”

Chapter 13, Day 12 on Ark.

Jerry and Dee are busy harvesting wood and thatch for fabricating wooden panels for an overnight camp. Those are being stored on the two rafts for now. Mike and Jane make a quick flight to Herbivore Island to check on the tames they have left there.

“Wow, they sure do like the level ups,” comments Mike. “I wonder why that didn't happen before.”

“Must be something that has been added to our engram abilities,” answers Jane.

“Before we leave, we should craft up an extra set of metal hatchets and picks for Jerry and Dee.” says Mike. “Theirs are likely to be worn out by now. These are a lot more efficient then the stone ones.”

Flying back, they land to drop off the extra tools. “We're going to survey the east coast to look for a suitable place for an overnight camp,” Mike tells the others. “We shall be back by evening.”

The two survivors head North along the shore with the pteradons. The beach along the edge of the jungle remains fairly peaceful with some dodos, trikes, parasaurs, and the occasional dilo patrolling the area. Some pteradons are resting on the shore while others, along with the pelicans, are out fishing.

“Lets land to rest before flying across the swamp,” says Mike. They set down at the edge of the swamp.

“Look at all the flying insects at the edge of the swamp,” says Jane. “Now, they are flying out towards us.”

“Better get out of here,” answers Mike. “I read in the Survivor's Handbook that they will attack our pteradons without provocation.

They fly over the mangroves in the swamp as they head further North. The area below is filled with Sarcos, crocks, frogs, and snakes. A family of Parcers graze on the trees at the northern edge.

“This looks like a safe area for an overnight camp,” says Mike as they land to check it out. “Nice and open so we can see if any predators are nearby.”

“Far enough away from the insect infested mangrove swamp so we won't get eaten alive by them,” answers Jane. “Lets see what is up on the nearby mountain.”

They start up the slope after flying over some jungle nearby. “This is a lot higher and steeper then it looks,” says Mike. “What a view.”

“Starting to get cold way up here,” answers Jane.

“Lots of danger had we attempted to climb up here,” answers Mike. “Saber cats, carnos, T Rexes, and another one of those Giga monsters.”

Reaching the top, they make an important discovery. “Is that crystal?” ask Jane.

“It sure is,” answers Mike. “Lets get some but watch our weight. We don't want to become encumbered with all of the danger nearby.”

“Watch out for the scorpion!” warns Jane.

“Ill deal with it,” answers Mike as he draws his simple pistol killing it.

“Should we take the stone we are getting from the crystal?” ask Jane.

“No,” answers Mike. “Throw it away. It is just dead weight. The crystal is most important for now.”

They continue harvesting crystal gathering the occasional rare mushroom and flower when suddenly, a pair of giant eagles come screeching in to attack.

“Lets get out of here!” warns Mike as the two of them make a mad dash to their nervous Pteragons. They take off just in time heading down the south slope of the mountain flying at full speed.

“They must have had a nest nearby,” says Jane.

“Thankfully, these pteras are faster,” answers Mike. “Lets rest at the new campsite, place a sign there so Jerry and Dee can find it, then fly back to the cliff side camp.”

Flying back, they land on the cliff side camp where Mike makes his report. “We found a suitable site for an overnight camp just past the swamp. You two can go ahead, sail to the camp site, and set it up. We placed a sign there to mark the location. Take the raptors and the wolf with you for protection. Stay away from the swamp, it's extremely dangerous in there. Stay out of the nearby jungle, there are carnos and a T-Rex near the mountain. If any of them show up, get back on the rafts and sail out of there. Don't get near any of the crocks. We will catch up with you as soon as we unload this crystal we found and craft up some long neck rifles, ammo, and scope attachments for them. We need the firepower to deal with the giant eagles in the nearby mountain. They are extremely aggressive.”

“We'll be careful,” answers Jerry and Dee. The raft is loaded and with the wolf on one and the raptors on the other, they set sail to the new campsite.

Mike and Jane have flown back to Herbivore Island where they prep more metal ore to fabricate two long neck rifles with scopes and about 40 rounds each. It takes the better part of the day to prep the raw materials to fulfill the requirements. “That took about all of the metal ore on this island,” comments Mike. “We will have to start mining the ore from the mountain if we need to fabricate more using metal.”

During the time they are waiting for the rest of the raw metal to cook down, Mike and Jane fabricate two beer barrels and place them down near the garden area. Water is supplied via the stone plumbing. They use the trikes to gather the berries and thatch needed to get the brewing process started.

“In a couple of days, we should have the beer needed for Dee to tame her Chalicotherium,” comments Mike. “But, we will need to make another crystal run to get the crystal needed for the jars we will need for the required amount of beer to tame one.”

A blue beacon drops on the ridge behind them. “I'll check it out” says Jane. She takes Dee's parasaur out to access it.

“A good find,” reports Jane. “We got some jars and a set of chitin armor.”

“Lets head back to the overnight camp and see how Jerry and Dee are coming along “ answers Mike

“We should explore inland with the pteradons from the new overnight camp,” answers Jane. “We may get lucky and find another source of metal ore in a safer area.”

Arriving at the overnight site, they find that Jerry and Dee have constructed the overnight camp complete with a pen for the wolf and raptors and a place to land the pteradons on the shelter roof.

“They tamed a pair of the giant frogs!” says Mike in surprise as he sees them in the pen with a saddle on it. “I didn't know it could be done.”

“Looks like you two have been busy,” says Jane as she checks out the giant frogs after landing.

“We found they could be tamed after we found them nearby” answers Dee. “We had to get up on a boulder to avoid being knocked out by their 40 foot tongue. For some reason, they couldn't hit us from there. It only took a couple of tranc arrows to knock them out. They tamed quickly with raw meat. These guys are great. They not only ate all of the pesky bugs at the edge of the swamp, we got a ton of chitin and cementing paste as a bonus.”

“Great,” answers Mike. “With some more metal, we can make some more beer barrels so you can tame the Chalicotherium you were petting the other day. We got two working back on Herbivore Island. We can also fabricate a complete set of chitin armor for everyone. We got one set from a drop. The cementing paste with some more crystal will solve the problem of making enough beer jars for you to tame that Chalicotherium."

“With the bug threat removed, we were able to gather a bunch of rare mushrooms and flowers and something called species X seeds.” answers Jerry. “We only had to keep an eye out for those giant snakes and crocks. Your wolf tore one of those crocks up when it rushed one of the raptors. The rest decided not to press their luck. Still, we were able to harvest a lot of quality wood for the pen and standing torches.”

“Well, we got some scoped long neck rifles for our defense,” answers Mike. “We can now hit any threat from a distance if we have to.”

“Lets stay here overnight, then plan to sail further up the coast in the morning. We'll also do some scouting flights inland to look for a safer source of metal ore and see what else is out there.”

“Sounds like a plan,” answers Jerry as they settle in for the night. “I'll take the first watch.”

Chapter 14 Day 13 on Ark.

Jerry and Dee take an early start sailing North with the raptors on board. They leave the wolf and frogs behind which are kept in the pen for now. Mike and Jane fly escort to the end of the main island, then fly inland around the mountain which has the name of Far Peak.

“Looks like the snow biome takes up much of the North shore and the other peaks,” says Mike as they fly around Far Peak.

“I'm seeing Mammoths, wolves, and Sabercats down below,” answers Jane.

“Lets just keep our distances from the eagles.” answers Mike.

Flying past Far Peak, they find a hidden lake in the jungle. “A most interesting place,” says Jane. “It looks so peaceful down there.”

“I see some giant beaver down below in the pond.” answers Mike. “One is in a fight with a carno. Wow, they are tough. It just chewed that carno a new one. Lets land on the cliff above to rest, then head South along the river.”

Flying along the river that soon turns into a stone strewn stream, they spot something on the small mesas above it. “That looks like metal ore,” says Mike. “Lets land and check it out.”

“There is definitely metal ore down there,” answers Jane. “And no scorpions or giant eagles to bother us.”

“Still, lets limit how much we take in case we run into trouble flying back to the overnight camp.” answers Mike.

“I have an idea,” says Jane. “Lets build a forge here and refine the metal. That way, we can carry back the equivalent of twice as much ore.”

“The materials are here to build and fire one,” answers Mike. “Lets do it.” Two forges are soon built, then filled with wood and raw metal as the mesa is mined of wood and metal ore.

Meanwhile, Jerry and Dee are sailing along the ever more rugged coastline to the North. “There are those giant eagles,” says Jerry as they head out to sea towards a series of small islands. They see a pair of supply drops coming down on each side of the island series and sail towards the one that lands on the sandbar.

Landing on the sandbar, they ride the raptors over to the loot crate.“A blueprint for a Ascendant Long Neck Rifle,” says Jerry.

“The large island is crawling with raptors, carnos, sabertooth, scorpions and T-Rexes,” announces Dee after placing her spotting scope on it. “I don't see a single herbivore anywhere.”

Suddenly, there is a loud roar from behind a boulder as the raptors bolt towards the noise.

“Run for the rafts,” warns Jerry as a T-Rex comes rushing from behind the boulder in ambush them with the two raptors clinging to it. Jerry and Dee manage to get away as an eagle comes in to join the fray. The fight is over quickly with the raptors being killed by the t-rex and later the eagle biting the dust.

“That didn't go well,” comments Jerry as they sail back to the mainland. “I now see why it is called Dead Island on our map. You step on it alone, you are soon dead.”

“I hope this blueprint was worth it,” answers Dee. “It's just so unfair. Those raptors were such loyal tames.”

“I still don't understand how that T-Rex got so close without us seeing it.” answers Jerry.

“It had to been hiding from us until the time was right for it to attack,” answers Dee. “In fact, I don't know what they are living on other then off each other. Certainly, it is a most dangerous place. I wonder what is in that other drop?”

“Not worth the risk,” answers Jerry. “I can already see a pair of carnos next to it. Lets sail West towards the ice pack, then return to camp.”

Sailing back along the North Coast, they soon run into pack ice along the shore. “Brrr,” says Dee. “Did we bring along the fur armor?”

“Check the supply boxes,” answers Jerry. “They should be in there.”

“That's better,” answers Dee.

“If you need to, light one of the torches by the tiller,” answers Jerry.

They continue sailing West observing mammoths, woolly rhinos, saber cats, wolves, giant elk, some Chalicotherium and other creatures in the frozen pine forest along the base of the snow covered peaks.

Coming around a rocky outcropping, there is a break in the ice field where a waterfall is visible along a frozen shoreline. “Is that a wood structure by the shore?” ask Dee.

“It sure is,” answers Jerry. “I only see a couple of mammoths nearby. They shouldn't bother us if we don't bother them. Lets land and check out this camp.”

The campsite consists of a large wooden barn on stilts with two dinosaur gates on each end and two doors on the side. A dead tree has punched a hole in the roof on one corner, the floor covered with blowing snow there. There are the remains of a spawn bed, campfire and other items. The preserving bin is empty, its contents, if any, long spoiled and decayed to dust. Several storage lockers sit empty, the refining forge only contains ashes from its last fire, and the Smithy empty of anything of value. If interest is that the water tap still works. “Well, there's proof that running water doesn't freeze,” answers Dee.

“Looks like this place was abandoned in a hurry when the ice age showed up here,” says Jerry. “They didn't even leave a note where they went.”

“Lets leave one of our own in case the support team happens to show up,” answers Dee. “And warn them to avoid Dead Island.”

“It's mid afternoon already,” answers Jerry. “We better head back. We don't want to be in this ice age after dark or get caught in a blizzard.” At that moment, a blizzard moves in with howling wind and blinding snow.

“Better tie up the rafts,” says Jerry. “Then get wood for the fire and shelter in the barn. It looks like we may have to spend the night here.”

Wood is gathered from the nearby dead trees for the fire with extra stored in one of the cabinets. It is late afternoon when there something crashes against the side of the wood barn blocking the side door. “Tranc arrows,” Jerry orders as he open the main door to see what is going on outside. An injured Direwolf comes flying through the open door and runs into the corner by the fire. They drop it with two arrows.

“What a mess outside by the door,” says Dee. “Looks like a pack of wolves came out second best against the dead mammoth laying up against the barn. Can we tame that injured wolf?”

“Lets get the narcs off the raft, get some meat from the mammoth and dead wolves and go for it,” answers Jerry. “We're not going anyplace until morning anyhow.”

“She's pretty weak,” says Dee after examining the unconscious wolf. “I think we can get her partially healed if we force feed her a medical brew.”

“The door is clear. We got six prime from the Mammoth,” answers Jerry as he comes back inside. “Raw prime just spoils quickly, so, lets give it to the wolf and put some raw meat on the fire. I'll put the rest in the preserving bin with the sparkpower we have on the raft. I'll need to make three trips with the pelts I got from the mammoth and the three dead wolves.”

As Jerry closes the door from his final trip of hauling the heavy pelt, he gets a surprise when he is greeted at the door by a happy dire wolf. “That tame was quick,” says Jerry.

“She likes the raw prime,” answers Dee. “The medical brew worked well on her too. She is nearly all healed from her fight with the mammoth. Do you think that she will get along with our other wolf?”

“I don't know why not,” answers Jerry. “Her pack is gone and our lone male should accept her with no issues. They will give us a mate boosted pair when we are ready to explore the ice pack to the West.”

Meanwhile, back at the Far Peak camp, Mike and Jane have flown back with their first load of refined metal. They are about to fly back for a second load when the storm hits with wind and heavy rain.

“I guess we are not going back in that,” comments Mike. “We'll have to wait until morning.”

“What about Jerry and Dee?” ask Jane.

“They may have been forced to shelter somewhere,” answers Mike. “I doubt that they could be still sailing in this especially with the fog forming on the sea.

“Lets see if we can bring get the pteradons and the other tames into shelter from this storm,” answers Mike. “Then, we will go looking for them in the morning.”

Chapter 15, Day 14 on Ark

By the time the storm clears, it is early morning. The rising sun glistens off the ice covered peaks to the South and the West in the unusually clear sky. The Blue Obelisk shows clearly at the top of the westernmost mountain. Snow is seen streaming off the wind swept peak.

“That sure looks like a long climb to the top to that Obelisk,” says Dee. “I hope we don't have to make the trip up there. It looks quite slippery and rugged.”

With the fire, the fur armor, and their new wolf, Jerry and Dee have kept themselves warm in the old barn all night. “Good news,” says Jerry. “We don't have to dig the rafts loose. They have stayed ice free.”

“Lets get the meat and pelts loaded on the raft and set sail back to the camp. The others are probably wondering what has happened to us.” answers Dee.

Back at the overnight camp of Far Peak, Mike and Jane are becoming quite concerned about Jerry and Dee. “We better go looking for them.” says Mike.

Taking off on the pteras, they head North along the east coast. “That really got rugged along here,” says Mike. “They could have easily got hung up on the rocks during the storm.”

“Fortunately, it looks clear.” answers Dee. “No sign of the raft along there. Lets check that island to the North.”

“Lets find a spot to rest the pteras before heading over there.” answers Mike. “No need to chance being forced to land in under less then ideal conditions.”

Flying over the island, they observe quite a mess. “Watch out for the Argys,” warns Mike as he observes the carnage below.

“How can there be anything living down there with the constant fighting?” ask Jane.

“I don't know.” answers Mike. “Lets fly around to make sure the raft isn't anywhere nearby.”

Flying around avoiding the Argys, Mike and Jane inspect the entire area including the sandbar where they land for a moment to rest the pteras. “Where to?” ask Jane.

“Lets head back and continue West to the ice pack,” answers Mike.

Back to the mainland, they head West reaching the ice field where it promptly gets bitter cold. “We'll freeze to death without the fur armor,” says Jane.

“We'll have to go back for the raft,” answers Mike.

“Wait,” says Jane. “I see the rafts in the ice field. They are heading towards us.”

“Lets land by the edge of the ice field and wait for them to reach us,” answers Mike.

Landing in a safe spot where the dodos, and parasaurs are roaming, Jerry and Dee soon spot them landing their rafts on the beach by them.

“What happened to your raptors?” ask Mike, “and where did you find the wolf?”

“We were ambushed on Dead Island by a T-Rex when we accessed a loot crate,” answers Dee. “They attacked the Rex allowing us to get away.”

“We then sailed West into the ice field finding an abandoned outpost by a waterfall. We don't know who it belonged to. It appeared to have been abandoned when the cold weather became part of that location.”

“We got stuck there when a blizzard came in from the West off the mountain with the blue Obelisk. We decided it would be too risky to sail in the storm after dark. Fortunately, we were able to get wood nearby to use the fire pit in the barn to shelter from the storm for the night.”

“The wolf ran into the barn when we went to investigate what has crashed against it during the storm. Her pack was killed in a fight with a mammoth. We tamed her using raw prime from the dead mammoth. There is more cooked meat and pelts on the raft.”

“We left a note inside and a sign out front just in case any of the others find it.”

“Go ahead and sail back to the camp,” answers Mike. “We have more refined metal to pick up on the plateau upriver from here.”

“We got a blueprint for a high quality long neck rifle,” answers Jerry. “We can craft one at the camp while you are ferrying metal back there.”

“Sounds like a plan,” answers Mike. “We'll meet up with you back there.”

Heading back to the plateau, Mike spots some beaver lodges in the rocky stream. “Lets check them out.”

“Lots of wood, rare flowers, and cementing paste inside,” says Jane. “Oh oh, The beavers don't like us snooping around their lodges. Lets get out of here.”

Landing on the plateau above, they check out the refining forges. “Metal is all done,” says Mike. “We should make gunpowder from the charcoal to reduce its weight. This will still take several trips to get it all back.”

It is late afternoon by the time the last shuttle flight has been made with the refined metal and gunpowder. Jerry and Dee have arrived and are preparing to make the Ascendant Long Neck rifle when they hear Jerry start bitching. “9,500 metal? You got to be kidding.”

“That's more then what we hauled back here,” answers Mike. “There would be nothing left for ammo if we could craft it.”

“Two loyal tames gave their lives for this blueprint and it turns out to be worthless,” says Jerry in disgust as he throws it away. “What a wasted effort.”

“Well, at least we can craft up a long neck rifle for all of us with scope and plenty of ammo,” responds Mike. “ and your female wolf is quite happy with the company of my male.”

“It is already getting too late to sail back to the cave. We might as well stay here for the night, then head back early in the morning.”

With the two rifles and ammo crafted, the excess metal and other items are loaded on the rafts in preparation for the following morning trip back to the cave cliff side camp.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a chapter error that I will fix later;

Chapter 17, Day 15 on Ark.

Back in the real world, the Naked and Afraid show producers are in a total panic. Four people of their latest filming episode have vanished without a trace. They have been missing since that severe storm of 14 days ago. With the help of the Panamanian military, they have conducted a complete search of the island looking for any signs of the four missing survivors and crew members. They find no evidence that anyone, other then the support team, has been on the island before and after the storm had hit. The only thing that has been found are the two crafting items that Mike and Jane had, their map, Jerry's camera and radio, and Dee's medical kit in the stone ruins they had sheltered in. Everyone has been told to say nothing for fear of the lawyers and the bad publicity such an event could have on their popular cable show which could cause them to lose their sponsors.

Continuing their investigation, an archaeological expert has been called in to examine the ruins where Mike and Jane made camp for the night. He finds the signs of a fire that had been drowned out by the storm. Then, looking at the back wall of the ruins, he notices an inscription that looks out of place.

“Let me investigate the meaning of this symbol,” he tells the show producer. “It may provide a clue to where your missing foursome have vanished to.”

“What do you think happened to them?” ask the show producer.

“I do not know,” answers the Archaeologist. “I may be able to find some answers from a college I know that has done research in Peru where he found similar symbols in an old temple high in the Andes.”

“Keep in touch,” answers the Executive Producer. “We can always cancel this episode. However, we cannot walk away from the fact there are four people missing and that we are responsible for their disappearance. If we can't find them alive and well, this show is over along with our careers.”

It is day 15 on Ark as the foursome prepare to sail back to the cave base. The frogs have been turned loose with the two wolves loaded on the rafts for the trip back. Mike and Jane plan to fly their pteradons back to Herbivore Island to check on the tames there, then fly back to the cave outpost to do some more exploring from there.

“What is that huge bird like creature with the long claws on the beach?” ask Mike as they are flying back to the cave plateau.

“I don't know,” answers Jane. “It could be a Therizinosaurus. Lets circle close to it, but stay out of the range of those claws.”

“Definitely a herbivore,” answers Mike. “It is eating berries from the bushes.”

“I see a dead Carno nearby,” answers Jane. “From the look of the slash marks on the side of its body, it is safe to say that the Therizinosaurus took it out with those claws.”

“Certainly not something to be messing with,” answers Mike.

“Looks like it could be a useful gatherer of items if tamed,” answers Jane. Those claws could gather wood, thatch, berries and maybe, lots of fiber. If nothing more, it can easily defend us from the larger predators out there.”

“Lets check on our tames on Herbivore Island, then fly back to the cliff camp,” answers Mike.

While they are gone to Herbivore Island, Jerry and Dee arrive at the dock with their two rafts. As Jerry is unloading the raft, something sneaks up from behind, then takes off running with a Wolf chasing after it.

“Hey, My rifle is missing!” says Jerry in alarm.

“My mejoberries just vanished from my slot 0” says Dee.

Jerry races after the wolf to find that it has killed a ugly looking harry little creature. It has his rifle in his mouth. “You little pick pocket,” Jerry says as he retrieves his stolen rifle. “What is that you have on your shoulder?” he asks Dee.

“It took the mejoberries from my hot bar, then decided to be friends,” answers Dee. “It called a Pegomastax.”

“Better watch your stuff,” warns Jerry. “They are little thieves.”

“Well, at least they are vegetarians,” answers Dee.

“Growl,” goes the Pegomastax at Jerry. “I don't think that he likes you,” says Dee.

“The feeling is mutual,” answers Jerry.” “I don't, like thieving pick pockets.”

“Well, with a tame, the others may leave us alone,” answers Dee.

“What's to keep them from stealing from the raft?” ask Jerry.

“Good question,” answers Dee. “We better sail to herbivore Island and secure everything into the beach camp.”

Halfway over to Herbivore Island, They meet Mike and Jane on the Pteradons. “Why are you sailing to Herbivore Island?” ask Mike.

“We got new critters on the mainland,” answers Jerry. “Dee made a pet of one of these little thieves. There may be other dangers we have yet to see as well. We figure that the camp on Herbivore Island would be more secure then trying to haul the stuff up the cliff and have half of it stolen by these Pegomastax.”

“We may want to observe from the raft what shows up after dark on the mainland,” answers Mike. “We can set up some torches and use the spotting scope on the raft to see what happens.”

Back on Herbivore Island, the torches are loaded for the observation. There is a parasaur that is stuck in palms near camp. Watching for the little thieves, Mike sets up lit torches at the cliff camp, sets up a thatch hut with torches, and places a pair by the parasaur. Then, as darkness approaches, they sit offshore to observe.

“There is activity by the cliff camp,” says Mike as he spots several dilo size creatures scurrying about. “Looks like stone structures keep them away.”

“Now, they are following our trail down to the thatch hut. They just ripped a hole in the side to get in.

“I came up short one of them,” answers Jerry. “Oh, there it is camped out in front of the door to the pen.”

“That is certainly unlike dilos,” answers Mike. “These creatures act a lot smarter.”

“They took out the torches by the Parasaur,” warns Jerry. “Good thing the moon is now out. Oh Wow, Dilos never went after any Parasaur like that.”

“Troodons,” answers Mike as the new creature ID s in his spotting scope. “Something new and quite dangerous to deal with after dark.”

“Really, are they going to swim out after us?”

“Nope, I think that the sharks have changed their mind.” after they observe one of them suddenly vanish in a big splash near the shore.

“We'll lets get back and see if we are going to have enough beer to tame those Chalicotherium at Sand Point.”

Chapter 18; Day 16 on Ark

Back in Panama City, an encrypted Skype call has been made to Professor Narcy in Peru. “Are you sure that the two survivors Mike and Jane, Jerry the cameraman, and Dee the medic, have actually vanished from their survival area?”

“Yes,” answers the archaeologist. “The entire island was searched the following morning after a freak storm had hit it. There is no trace of any other activity other then from the four missing people who were inside an old stone ruins with this strange symbol on the wall. All of their stuff was left behind, even the clothing from Jerry and Dee.”

“Interesting,” says Professor Narcy after looking at the photo of the artifact. “You were wise to contact me on an encrypted channel. Let me get a hold of my friends in the States. They may be able to come up with some answers. In the meantime, keep what has happened to them a secret. We don't need the Area 51 agents sticking their nose into this. I'll get back with you when I have more information about what may have happened to them.”

Another secure Skype call is then made to Dr Sanders.

“We may have four people stranded on Ark,” Professor Narcy tells Dr Sanders. “The cable series naked and Afraid were filming an episode on a remote island off Panama when their survivors and two of their crew members vanished during a freak storm overnight. All of their stuff, including clothing, were found in a stone ruin where they had taken shelter. This was found carved on the stone wall.”

“An Ascendant Obelisk,” answers Dr Sanders. “They may very well be on Ark. The question is where, given its size and the number of locations they could be at.”

“Is Halsey still able to communicate with his Avatar on Ark?” ask Professor Narcy.

“I'll get in contact with him and find out,” answers Dr Sanders. “If he is, It might be possible for him to have his Avatar and wyvern friends go search for them. I'll call back when I have more information to pass on to you.”

Back on Ark at the Herbivore Island Base;

“That was an interesting night,” Mike tells the others. “A pack of Troodons are bad news after dark. They posted a guard at our gate, then proceeded to tear apart the thatch hut we left as bait. Then, they knocked over the torches before killing the trapped Parasaur. Spotting us on the raft, they started swimming out toward us until a shark attacked them. The eyes were glowing yellow through the spotting scope.”

“We had better tame up those Chalicotherium on Sand Point before we do any further exploring,” answers Jane. “And, make sure we are in a secure stone structure before dark.”

“Then, that is our plans for today,” answers Mike. “We craft up the components for a stone barn on Sand Point, set sail overnight to reach it by morning, and build the barn while Dee goes tame us a pair of Chalicotherium with beer. We can craft the saddles here. Meanwhile, Jane and I are going to fly over to the cliff camp and see what those Troodons did there last night.”

They take the pteradons first heading over to Drayo's cove where they observe a fight among a raptors and four Troodons. “Well, there are tactics at work here,” says Mike. “First, one is baiting the raptor as the other three surround it and move in to take a nip. They can't be doing much damage. Oh wait, the raptor is down. My spotting scope says it is unconscious. They must have some kind of narc effect in their bite. Now, they are eating it alive just like they did with the parasaur last night.”

“So that's what makes them dangerous,” answers Jane. “They put you to sleep first while staying just out of range of your attack. Unusual that we witness a daylight attack. The raptor must have found them sleeping.”

“One got into the cliff side pen,” says Mike. “Lets land on the roof and knock it out.” They drop it with two tranc arrows, then, after a quick search to make sure no others are around, they land in the pen to examine it. “Not tame able,” says Mike. “The tranc arrows killed it.”

“Interesting,” says Jane. “They are not much bigger then the little thief that Dee tamed.”

“No wonder they can sneak up on you so easy at night,” says Mike. “Their small size makes it easy for them to hide in the bushes.”

“It's buddies must have helped it scaled the wall. Then, it found that it couldn't get the gate open from inside. Looks like it did open the door to the hut and every storage crate inside. We will need to be sure that we bar the door to Sand Point camp at night and check that none are hiding inside when we go there tomorrow.”

“Lets be sure that we all have stimms on us and our tames,” answers Jane. “That way, we can counteract their poisonous bite.”

Flying back to Herbivore Island, they make their report to the others. Stimms are prepared as the process continues to prep the stone barn to load on the raft.

“Looks like we will have enough beer by the time we leave for sand point,” says Dee.

Note, reference to I is my original character in the story from the first adventure of Ark, Trapped in the Bermuda Triangle.

Back in the real world, I am called for a private meeting with Dr Sanders at the university in his private office. After checking it to be certain that there are no bugs, he tells me why he has called me there.

“We may have a situation that may involves the Ark,” reports Dr Sanders. “Have you ever watched the cable series Naked and Afraid?”

“Yes,” I answer. “It's quite an interesting show.”

“15 days ago two of their survivors, a cameraman and a medic vanished without a trace on an uninhabited tropical island off the coast of Panama. It happened during a sudden severe storm. Professor Narcy contacted me by secure Skype and showed me a a photo one of his archaeological friends on the scene found in an old stone structure. It was a inscription of an Ark Obelisk. All of their clothes and other items were found there. Needless to say, the producers of the show are in a panic. If they are on ark, we need to know what has happened to them.”

“Are you still in contact with your Avatar on Ark?”

“Yes,” I answer.

“Do you think that he and the other wyverns can help you find them?”

“Give me a moment,” I answer.

“ Yes, Pretty Girl, Electra, Nicky, Tammy, and Tarmac would like to help. I'm sure that the others will help as well.”

“Keep in mind that Ark is made up of many different locations. It may take us several days to check out those that we have access to.”

“Do you have pictures of who we are looking for?”

“Yes,” answers Dr Sanders. “Here is Mike and Jane, the two survivors. Also, Jerry the cameraman, and Dee the medic. Mike is an ex Seal so he shouldn't be hard to spot among the group. Jane is a survivalist that runs an outfitter service. Jerry is just an average Joe. Dee is an animal lover so I wouldn't be surprised that she has some tames around her. I do expect that they should be doing quite well by now and prepared for anything unexpected.”

“Then, I better alert the wyverns to approach them with caution as their very appearance will probably scare the wits out of them.” I answer.

“Give me another moment with the photos.”

“OK, we are set to organize the search for them.”

“I'll notify Professor Narcy that a search is underway for them on Ark.” answers Dr Sanders. “Let me know when your Avatar has more information on where they are and how we can get them back.”

Chapter 19, Day 17 on Ark.

On Scorched Earth, My Avatar is holding a meeting with all the wyverns at the oasis base. The plan is for all the adults to spread out to search all of the surrounding islands on Ark to look for the missing four and bring them back to Nomad's Primitive Plus village on North Tropical Island, then take the ferry raft to Scorched Earth and overland to the base. They have been alerted to approach them with caution given the presence of wyverns could be frightening and that the foursome could be well armed by now with rifles. Paragon and Tesla are going to stay with the youngsters to babysit them. They are still too young to be flying such a distance with their parents, especially across the large expanses of sea that separates the different Arks. I let Dr Sanders know that the search is now underway. He contacts Narcy's archaeologist friend to tell him that his contacts are now conducting their search and that he will call when they have any information to report on the missing four.

It is late evening as the rafts are loaded with the materials for the stone barn, the two wolves, the two Pteradons, Dee's little thief, and the beer that was crafted for taming the Chalicotherium. A torch is lit on each raft so everyone can see where the others are if they run into fog or stormy weather during the night.

“We better plan on sailing around Crag's Island instead of through the cut so we don't get surprised by a Spino,” warns Mike. “We should still be able to reach Sand Point by morning.”

Setting sail, they head West along the coastline in the bright moonlit night. Coming close to the coast, several sets of beady yellow eyes show up along the beach. One of the wolves growls a warning. “Troogens, warns Mike. “A pack of them out looking for trouble.”

In the distant interior, a roar is heard, then two more, followed by screams of terror and pain. “I haven't heard that sound before among the carnivores,” answers Jerry. “Must be something else we haven't seen before.”

“Definitely something we don't want to mess with,” answers Mike. “Sounds like it is three big carnivores on one prey. The nights are truly dangerous inland. More so then ever since we first got here.”

“There they are by the river bank,” says Jerry. “One of them has an orange glow. The spotting scope identifies them as Allasaurs.”

“Pack hunters,” answers Mike. “With an alpha leader that gives them all a boost. Lets not wait around for them to take interest in us.”

The night sailing continues on past Stone Point. All is quiet there with only a couple of dodos and a dilo along the shore. Then, its past to Crag's Island.

“What is that flying way overhead?” ask Jane.

“Might be a quetz,” answers Mike. “Yet, it is flying too fast for one. I can't get the spotting scope on it. Now, it's gone in the clouds.”

“Lets check out the Crag Island camp when we reach it. Then continue on to Sand Point.”

Shortly after midnight, Crag Island has been reached, but fog has rolled in making sailing difficult. “Move slowly so we don't end up on the rocks near the camp,” warns Mike. “There the barn of the camp. Keep a watch for glowing eyes and have your stimms handy. What the! Something big just took off from the roof.”

“It could be a quetz waiting for the fog to lift,” answers Jane. “We likely startled it.”

“Are they aggressive?” ask Mike.

“According to The Survivor's Handbook, no.” answers Jane.

“Lets continue around Crag's Island.” answers Mike. “We should reach Sand Point by morning.”

Dawn is starting to light up the sky as the rafts reach the camp at Sand Point. “Jane and I will do a recon for danger with the Pteras,” says Mike. “Stay on the raft until we give the all clear.”

Flying about, the wood barn and the surrounding area is clear. They see the two Chalicotherium up by the boulders. The area beyond is clear.

Landing, they find the door secure. A quick check inside finds everything in order. “It's OK to land and get the stone barn built.” reports Mike. “Dee, take the beer and go tame us those Chalicotherium.”

Dee heads down to the boulder where she had the curious female visiting her a couple of days ago. It comes up to her and accepts the beer offering. The male gets curious finally coming up and taking a beer as well. By noon, there are two tamed Chalicotherium which she saddles up taking each to harvest berries and testing them out.

In the meantime, Mike, Jerry, and Jane have been busy constructing the stone barn from the prefabricated components. It has been built next to the wood one. “Lets use this as a secure base for exploring inland and North to the Blue Obelisk.” says Mike to the others.

“Here comes a pair of saddled Chalicotherium,” says Jane. “Dee must have got them tamed in no time.”

“Where's Dee?” Ask Mike. “How did the Chalicotherium know where to go? Something big just landed on the roof.”

“Lets get them inside and shut the door,” answers Jerry.

“How are we going to get out of this?” ask Mike as there is more noise on the roof. Then, the ceiling hatch opens.

“Everyone calm down,” answers Dee. “I got a new friend to show you. Do be gentle when you come up to see her. Tammy tells me that strangers can still frighten her.”

Mike is the first up the ladder. He peeks through the hatch and almost falls off. “What's up there with Dee,” ask Jerry.

“Would you believe, Dee is standing next to a dragon?” answers Mike.

“Tammy is a wyvern,” answers Dee. “I've always been so fascinated by them. I never knew that they actually existed. She's like a dream come true. She is so sweet.”

“Everyone come up on the roof. She has something important to tell us.”

Cautiously, the other three come up on the roof and are introduced to Tammy. “That's amazing, she can actually communicate with us,” answers Jane.

“Yesterday, the Avatar was contacted by Halsey from your world.” reports Tammy. “He told us that you four had vanished from a Naked and Afraid filming and that you could be on Ark. He asked us to come look for you and bring you back to Nomad's camp.”

“Who is Avatar?” ask Mike.

“He is a wyvern that has the personality of Halsey, a human visitor to Ark.” answers Tammy. “He lives with us on our home island of Scorched Earth. They are in contact with each other.

“Please thank him, Halsey, you, and your wyvern friends, for sending out a search parties to look for us.” answers Mike. “We have been worried sick wondering where we are and what happened to our support team. How do we get to Nomad's village?”

“In the morning sail the rafts due west.” answers Tammy. “When you see two islands with an Obelisk on the left one, sail around the one on the right. You will find his village.”

“Can we take our tames with us?” ask Dee.

“Most certainly,” answers Tammy. “Keep them inside the barn tonight. I have never seen it get so dangerous as this place has become since I first spotted you.”

“Then, that was you we saw take off from the roof of the barn on Crag's island, answers Mike. “Why didn't you contact us sooner?”

“Avatar warned us that we might be in danger if we approached you too quickly.” answers Tammy.

“That was a wise decision given how dangerous the mainland had become with what we saw happening last night,” answers Mike. “Your sure frightened me when I saw you on the roof. How did you find Dee?”

“I was told that she was the animal lover among you,” answers Tammy. “She was easy to find. I just watched her taming the Chalicotherium, then made my presence known while she was riding them. I really like her, she is so sweet.”

“Is there any way I can ride on Tammy yet bring all of the tames with us?” ask Dee.

“We can tie the rafts together to bring all the tames with us so you can ride Tammy,” answers Mike.

“That's wonderful,” answers Dee. “Tammy is such a pleasure to be with.”

“Have you got a flare gun?” ask Tammy.

“Yes, we do,” answers Mike. “Why do you ask?”

“Shoot one straight up in the sky so my mate Tarmac can find us,” answers Tammy. “He is North of here looking for you. We'll take you both for a quick tour of this Ark before it gets dark.”

“A flare is fired which leaves a bright light in the overhead sky. A few minutes later, a reddish gray wyvern comes flying in from the north and lands next to Tammy. “Are these humans safe?” he ask Tammy.

“Yes,” answers Tammy. “Dee is so sweet. Mike, Jerry, and Jane have been so kind.”

“I have to assume that some of your past visits with humans were less then pleasurable.” answers Mike.

“You are most correct,” answers Tarmac. Many years ago, we were both captives of a Emperor Nero of Sin City. Tammy was so frightened of having been captured and placed in a restraint. When we escape, we hid in the mountains until we saw Halsey and Michael fly to Nomad's camp on two wyverns that were not restrained in any way. We took a chance and sought their help. They were so different from those others.”

“Tammy, I am so proud of you today. How you have completely overcome your fear of the humans to bond with Dee.”

“Thank you,” answers Tammy. “I'm glad I found them first and had the pleasure to meet Dee. I promised her that Mike could ride you for a quick survey of this Ark.”

“If that is OK with you,” answers Mike. “It wouldn't feel right to force myself on you.”

“I am told that you are ex military like my human friend Michael,” answers Tarmac. “It would be my pleasure to take you on a survey flight.”

“Thank you,” responds Mike. “How can I show you my appreciation of affection?”

“Just rub me on my forehead,” answers Tarmac. “It can be most relaxing.”

“Sort of like a back massage among us humans,” answers Mike as he strokes Tarmac's forehead. “Who would ever believe that I am petting a real wyvern? Lets go for that ride.”

They both take off for the North Tundra area, then fly East through the interior landing in the crater of the volcano. “So much easy rare resources here, that we now won't have a use for.” comments Mike. “Nothing dangerous living in here.”

“Will you two stay with us overnight?”

“Yes,” answers Tarmac. “We can sleep up on the roof.”

“We'll stay up there with you,” answers Mike and Dee.

The return flight takes them through Redwoods Mountain. “So much different and safer from the air,” says Mike. “We made a land trip towards the Redwoods a couple of days ago. It almost ended in disaster due to the crocks like creatures living in the water. Thank you for giving us the quick tour.”

“It's been my pleasure,” answers Tarmac. “Flying humans on us bareback has been most enjoyable. If Jerry and Jane can handle the rafts by themselves, I'd love to have you ride on me tomorrow.”

“I'll let you know in the morning,” answers Mike.

Chapter 20, Day Eighteen on Ark.

It is a most strange night on Ark. All four of the survivors are up on the roof with Tammy and Tarmac. “This is so unbelievable,” comments Jerry. “No one is going to believe we spent the night in conversation with these two highly intelligent creatures from Earth's Mid-evil past.”

“What can you tell us about your human friends Nomad, Michael, and Halsey?” Mike ask Tarmac.

“I first met Michael when Tammy and I saw him and Halsey fly into Nomad's camp on an Alpha and Lightning wyvern. We didn't know what to expect as we hadn't seen any other wyverns after the Great Quake had torn apart Scorched Earth. When we found that their wyverns weren't restrained in any way at all, we became curious. We were astonished to find that an Alpha Wyvern had become such good friends with those humans, especially one that had been so badly treated by others after being captured by Nomad's Brother. That has never happened before in all of our known history. She and Electra ask us to come over to meet them, that they could remove the restraints we still had on us after we had escaped from the sin city. Tammy was so frightened of them. They were gentle with her in removing the leg restraint and later when Halsey rode back on her for the first time.”

“Michael told me that he used to be paralyzed from the waist down, that it was an old war injury. He was cured when he first visited Ark four years ago. He told me how Pretty Girl, the Red Alpha, ask Halsey and him for their help after she flew to their camp in desperation to be rid of the pain of the restraint that was killing her, and how they nursed her back to health.”

“I think that may I know him,” answers Mike. “Did he have a wife named Caroline with him?”

“Yes,” answers Tarmac. “He said that she and Pauline cleaned and bandaged the wound on the Red Alpha's leg.”

“What a small world this just became,” answers Mike. “I know him from post traumatic stress sessions we had at the local VA. He must have had a flashback from the war when he saw that Alpha in such desperation and decided to save her instead of killing her.”

“They became so emotionally attached to each other that The Keepers created an avatar with his and Nomad's personality combined to be her mate.” answers Tarmac.

“Halsey was the first human to have close contact with one of us since the Great Quake. He found Electra badly injured as the result of a fight with Pretty Girl when she still hated all humans. They formed a close bond when he nursed her back to health. His Avatar is now her mate.”

“Did Electra and Pretty Girl become tames as a result of being nursed back to health?” ask Mike.

“No,” answers Tarmac. “Wyverns cannot be tamed, even with Super Test Meat. They became close friends on their own.”

“Who are The Keepers?” ask Mike.

“They are the extraterrestrial researchers that created the Ark to study how humans interact with this artificial environment.” answers Tarmac. “They are the ones that brought you here and will eventually send you back if you are deemed worthy enough.”

“I often wonder if we were created along with the other creatures on Ark as part of their experiment, given how they created the two Avatars.”

“It doesn't seem likely,” answers Dee. “Your specie is written about in our Earth's history as being an intelligent being, even though they were terrifying and most feared. All the creatures we have seen so far are from Earth's past. Unlike all the other creatures here, you do have the Specimen Implant in your left arm.”

“We didn't always have these,” answers Tarmac. “They appeared a day after we made contact with Michael and Halsey.”

“Electra and Pretty Girl must have made quite an impression on The Keepers with how they interacted with Michael and Halsey,” answers Dee. “Especially for The Keepers to create avatars mates for them, then give you the implants to aid in your survival.”

“We learned so much about each other and ourselves during that most amazing week we were together,” answers tarmac.

“Such a beautiful tropical night,” says Jane. “The Keepers must be pleased with our reunion.”

All too soon, dawn is breaking. The four rafts are tied together so that Jerry and Jane can sail them with all the tames loaded on board. “Take the saddles off the pteras and store them on the raft,” says Michael. “Tarmac says that they will have no problem following the rafts across the sea. We're going to leave our fur armor, crossbow, rifle and ammo on the raft so we don't overburden the wyverns. The Force Field is not in effect where we are sailing, so, we don't have to worry about running into it.”

With the rafts loaded, the camp is abandoned as Jerry and Jane set sail west. The two pteras follow along doing some fishing on the way. Mike and Dee mount on the wyverns and take flight escorting the raft as they fly in lazy circles around them.

An hour later, Mike shouts down to Jerry and Jane. “We can see our destination up ahead.” announces Mike. “Set the compass to 280. You should see the island we are heading for soon. Tarmac wants to fly ahead so he can report finding us to Nomad. We'll come back to escort you in when you get closer.”

Flying to North Tropical and around to the West, we spot Nomad's Village. “Impressive,” comments Mike. “How did he do it.”

“The village was constructed by the ten members of Halsey's tribe on their last visit,” answers Tarmac. “They gave it to Nomad and Ruth to take care of when they left Ark. Michael's tribe of eight gave us their oasis base on Scorched Earth.”

“Why didn't Nomad and Ruth come back with the others when they left Ark?” ask Mike.

“Like us, they are the original inhabitants of Scorched Earth.” answers Tarmac. “They cannot leave Ark.”

“There is also another Island Ark that is inhabited by humans. They are a lost tribe of the Incas from 500 of your Earth's years ago that Halsey and his friends made close contact with on a second visit. That Tribe has prospered turning their Ark into a Victorian paradise.”

“But not all humans that have came on Ark since the Great Quake have so prospered. There is a Marquis Tribe living on a distant Ark that they have turned it into a living hell. It is a dead world of constant warfare with their neighboring tribes, a wasteland where they are condemned to a constant cycle of death in a poisoned environment. While they could come back to your Earth, The Keepers have kept them there as punishment for their cruel behavior to their fellow humans.”

“That is most interesting,” answers Mike. “Our present day world contains many of those parallels you have told me about in Ark.”

“There is Nomad and Ruth tending the garden.” answers Tarmac. “Let me introduce you to them.”

“Tarmac, Tammy, It's so good to see you again,” says Nomad as they land. “Great, you found two of them.”

“This is Michael,” answers Tarmac. “He has been a most interesting human to talk to.”

“Tammy actually found them first. She made contact with Dee who was taming a pair of Chalicotherium. They imminently became good friends.”

“Jerry and Jane will be here soon. They are sailing here from The Island with their seven tames.”

“Watch your stuff when they get here. They have a petromax among the tames.”

“He'll behave himself,” answers Dee. “He has been taught not to steal anymore.”

“I still don't trust them,” answers Mike. “In my world, once a pick pocket, always a pick pocket.”

“I'm sure he will be all right,” answers Nomad. “Let Ruth and I show you around. Then, when the others are here, you can tell us how you ended up on Ark and how you survived your adventure.”

“When will we be able to return to our world?” ask Mike.

“I do not know,” answers Nomad. “You will have to ask Halsey's Avatar when he comes here later today.”

Tarmac flies back out to the rafts to guide them to the village. “Everyone is waiting for you at the village,” Tarmac tells Jerry and Jane. “You will be very impressed by what is there.”

“Very impressive,” says Jerry as they round the island. “It looks like something out of the 17th century.”

“Those Chalicotherium look awesome,” comments Nomad as Jerry and Dee come ashore. “Those are the first I have seen up close. Welcome to Halsey's Primitive Plus village.”

“It looks so amazing,” responds Jane as Nomad and Ruth take them on a tour. “All the structures, the farming plots, the variety of foods, even those tamed Argys. So hard to believe that all of this could be possible on Ark.”

“There is a green wyvern coming in to land,” says Mike, “It looks really fierce.”

“That's Sleeper,” answers Nomad. “She just looks that way.”

“You found them,” says Sleeper. “Avatar will be so pleased.”

“Tammy found them first,” answers Tarmac. “I'm so proud of her for being so brave. They are already great friends.”

“Where are they?” ask Mike.

“Tammy couldn't wait to take her on a tour of this island,” answers Tarmac. “They are out there somewhere enjoying each others company.”

“Looks like she found her human to bond with,” answers Nomad.

“How many wyverns are there on Ark?” ask Mike.

“I really don't know now,” answers Nomad. “For the first time in ages, they are now having young ones. Paragon and Tesla are babysitting them back on Scorched Earth. You may get to see them when it is time for you to travel to the Oasis Base on Scorched Earth.”

“Jerry, Jane, would you like to take a quick tour of The Center?” ask Sleeper.

“Certainly,” they answer.

“Jane, I'll take you if you are not frightened by me,” answers Sleeper.

“You sound like you are friendly,” answers Jane. “I'll fly on you.”

“I'll take you Jerry,” answers Tarmac.

“Sounds good to me,” Jerry answers.

They are both off for the tour.

Red Alpha and Nicky are next to show up. “What a pretty one that alpha wyvern is,” says Mike to Nomad as they land.

“How is my Pretty Girl today,” says Nomad as he walks up to her.

“It's been so wonderful exploring those new places on Ark,” she answers. “Who is the the human standing next to you? Is he one of the four we are searching for.”

“This is Mike,” answers Nomad. “Tammy found them yesterday. They were over on the old Island.”

“That is so wonderful she found them,” answers Red Alpha. “Where are the others?”

“They are out touring The Center on Sleeper, Tarmac, and Tammy.” answers Nomad. “I'm told that Mike is a friend of your Michael.”

“What a small world,” answers Red Alpha. “A friend of Michael has got to be a friend of mine, Mike, come ride on me. We'll catch up with the others.”

“You better go ride her,” Says Nomad to Mike. “An Alpha Wyvern is very selective of who their friends are going to be.”

“I understand, especially of what Tarmac told me she went through before she first met Michael and the others,” Mike answers.

“I am most honored to be flying on you,” Mike tells her as he gets on and they take flight.

“How did you meet Michael in your world,” ask Red Alpha.

“We first got together at the VA Hospital in their post traumatic stress sessions therapy session.” answers Mike. “He had been suffering flashback of the horror of losing one of his best friends to a combat accident in Vietnam. What surprises me is him coming to your aid instead of trying to kill you.”

“He saw that friend he lost in my eyes the day I was suffering so from the shackle on my leg,” answers Red Alpha. “He made the decision that I would not suffer the same fate. The rest of his friends came to help. He and later Nomad helped me overcome my horrible encounter with humans of so many years ago.”

“Then, they successfully cured you as you cured him of those horrible nightmares,” answers Mike. “You are indeed a Pretty Girl in more ways them one.”

“Thank you,” answers Red Alpha. “I'm so glad that I was able to meet you.”

It is late afternoon when Avatar and Electra fly into Nomad's Camp on Primitive Plus. “They found them,” Nomad shouts to my Avatar.

“That's great!” Avatar answers. “There are going to be a lot of relieved people back in Halsey's world. Where were they found?”

“They were over on The Island, the original Ark that you first inhibited.”

“How were they doing when they were found?” ask Avatar.

“They thrived quite well in spite of the new creatures that have showed up,” answers Nomad. “They had already reached Level 65 when Tammy found them. They even managed to tame a pair of Chalicotherium yesterday.”

“Fantastic,” answers Avatar. “How is Tammy doing after her latest encounter with humans?”

“She found Dee as she was taming the Chalicotherium pair.” answers Nomad. “The first contact went much better then expected. In fact, those two really hit it off.”

“I'm so glad to hear such good news,” answers Avatar. “That experience is going to be such a confidence boost for her. Where they now?”

They are all flying with Tammy, Tarmac, Sleeper, and Pretty Girl.” answers Nomad.

“Pretty Girl actually took one of them for a ride?” answers Avatar in shock.

“Mike happens to be one of Michael's friends,” answers Nomad.

“Now, I understand her unusual behavior,” answers Avatar. “I'll let Halsey know that we have found them.”

Back in the real world, I call Dr Sanders to give him the good news. “They found them,” I tell him. “They are all safe with Nomad and Ruth. I'll tell you more when they come back from their tour of The Center.”

“I'll let Professor Narcy know,” answers Dr Sanders. “Lets get together in my office in the morning so we can figure how they are going to get back home.”

Archived