• Administrator

large.dossier_Thylacoleo.jpg.ebcce173d1b

Common Name: Thylacoleo

Species: Thylacoleo Furtimorsus 

Time: Late Pliocene - Late Pleistocene

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Aggressive

Wild

Thylacoleo Furtimorsus is a large, powerful marsupial that can often be found hunting around trees. Its long claws and semi-opposable digits make it an apt climber, a quality that Thylacoleo uses to its advantage while hunting. It clambers up trees and waits to ambush passing prey by pouncing upon them. When something that large jumps onto a target, it becomes stunned and doesn’t stand much chance.

Thylacoleo’s most notable fighting quality is its powerful jaws. Once it bites its prey, it locks its jaw in an iron-strength grip that can hold most smaller creatures in place. Thylacoleo then goes on to savage its prey with its sharp claws. If it needs to escape a fight, Thylacoleo uses its muscular hind legs to jump back to safety among the trees.

Domesticated

Thylacoleo is a moderately strong mount, and its ability to climb trees and jump long distances makes it useful for traversal such that developing tribes often tame it. Small raiding parties particularly favor Thylacoleo, as it is well suited to ambushes and unfair fights.

View full article

• Jen featured this topic

Really excited about all these recent climbers AND the addition of "clamping down on a target"
Hoping to see this applied to bigger predators later in the game. My Rex feels silly biting small animals more than once when he could swing them around a bit for massive damage :D 

Finally, a reason to look up while walking on the ground, besides while looking for a bird early game. Very cool addition! :D 
It's going to change the way I play for sure. Just like when the Alien games introduced enemies with the ability to crawl on the ceiling. Upped the scary factor multiple times.

8 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Really excited about all these recent climbers AND the addition of "clamping down on a target"
Hoping to see this applied to bigger predators later in the game. My Rex feels silly biting small animals more than once when he could swing them around a bit for massive damage :D 

Finally, a reason to look up while walking on the ground, besides while looking for a bird early game. Very cool addition! :D 
It's going to change the way I play for sure. Just like when the Alien games introduced enemies with the ability to crawl on the ceiling. Upped the scary factor multiple times.

That clamp thing could be applied very well to the Argy, allow you to either pick up a large creature with multiple Argies or hold onto something's back while you attack it :P 

• Eli locked this topic