Upcoming Pach, Extra Life and ARK Digest 42!

Jatheish

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

That'll be in Xbox patch v746 ;) 

Hey Jeremy, thanks for the answer to my question but I think I may have confused you with how I phrased it?

I was mainly trying to determine if the dispatchers in question didn't exist already because there was something special about the ShooterCharSpawn/Died dispatchers that are bindable from outside of the GameMode - and all you need is a reference to attach your logic to those events.

I certainly don't have the knowledge of UE4 that you or really any of the designers/programmers under ARK's various studios, but from my understanding it would be "relatively" simple to call a dispatcher each - in the GameMode that is bindable - after say the respawn has completed and when a player has been given their character(if they've been on the server before and aren't dead) that passes through the ShooterChar/controller reference so we can do whatever it is we like already.

I'm technically already doing with my Admin Command Menu mod what you suggested - though with a different approach, but the actor goes into stasis so timers won't work(to my knowledge anyway) so I'll be looking into using either a timeline or I'll experiment with the Map Extension route, but my main purpose for trying to get such dispatchers callable and bindable like the existing ShooterChar ones is currently due to the way in which I have to detect players, it increases RAM usage on servers considerably because the server needs to keep the actor in RAM and processing at all times(the logic runs from an event that never ends - it just delays before it goes back to the start - but can be stopped via a Gate when required).

Thanks,

-WM

Mantis eggs. For the love of all that is holy, tell me wether or not the mantis egg lay rate is as intended. We're at 60ish mantis now and can only get kibble for a 150 every other week and thats at 2x. Is the laying rate a ratelimiter for the number of golems or is it a bug? I need to know!

Oh and thank you for the ignore all whistles option. I had a J incident in said mantis kibble farm. It was not pretty...

My List of Ideas: 1) Plough, can be pulled by a trike to create an area where crops can be planted without crop plots. 2) Wagon, can be used as portable shelter on Scorched Earth. 3) A generator that is powered by a person, maybe they would press LT, RT (Xbox) back and fourth to power it. Computers, can be used to control doors, and maybe message other people without being allies or talking in global chat and maybe allow people to post & find trade deals (people could put in the items wanted into the computer and the seller would get the items in the ob.  and the tame/ item would be in the ob). 4) Trident, come one we need this. 5) Swinging Stage, so we don’t have to make an elevator to get all the way down a steep area (p.s. its the platform window washers use). 6) Bridges, so we can get across from one area to the next without building thousands of pillars. 7) Water Powered Generator, why not have one!?:b 8) Flame ammo for the cannon,/ catapult,/ ballista. 9) Wheel upgrade on the cannon, so there is an option of portability without a tame. 10) Train + Tracks, maybe, maybe not. 11) Rope, that can be thrown down for your friends/ allies to clime up or down from. Search Light, to spot enimies, friends/allies.    

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, LTPandaKingRT said:

My List of Ideas: 1) Plough, can be pulled by a trike to create an area where crops can be planted without crop plots. 2) Wagon, can be used as portable shelter on Scorched Earth. 3) A generator that is powered by a person, maybe they would press LT, RT (Xbox) back and fourth to power it. Computers, can be used to control doors, and maybe message other people without being allies or talking in global chat and maybe allow people to post & find trade deals (people could put in the items wanted into the computer and the seller would get the items in the ob.  and the tame/ item would be in the ob). 4) Trident, come one we need this. 5) Swinging Stage, so we don’t have to make an elevator to get all the way down a steep area (p.s. its the platform window washers use). 6) Bridges, so we can get across from one area to the next without building thousands of pillars. 7) Water Powered Generator, why not have one!?:b 8) Flame ammo for the cannon,/ catapult,/ ballista. 9) Wheel upgrade on the cannon, so there is an option of portability without a tame. 10) Train + Tracks, maybe, maybe not. 11) Rope, that can be thrown down for your friends/ allies to clime up or down from. Search Light, to spot enimies, friends/allies.    

Hello, if you have game suggestions please create a thread with them here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/64-game-suggestions/

This was asked in ARK Digest 35 and I have been waiting for it for a long time, 

Survivor, Illuvater asks, “Would it be possible to make the RB button on xbox more usefull when mounted, maybe to switch the camera view from third person riding to first person riding and back? Cause if you are mounted the RB button do nothing and we have to go to the options to switch third person riding to first person riding.”

i just want to know if it's still coming and when you plan on adding it to Xbox because this is a genius idea and could really help Xbox survivors.