Jump to content

ARK: Fear Evolved 2 on Xbox One, Community Crunch 69, Evolution Event & More


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We love you too 

I'm really looking forward to this update, this ark survivor wants to tell you how grateful I am for everything you guys have done, it is an amazing game and I'm looking for to seeing what else you gu

I play TheCenter and find this to be cruel... We weren't warned before hand that all our work, or our loyalty to Ark and Wildcard for that matter, would be worthless to them. We weren't told ahead of

@Jat WHY OH why do you decide to have a sale on steam after I already have paid all my bills etc I get paid on a Thursday, so you decide to have it Friday to Tuesday!! and then not tell us until after its started and after I already spent my money on bills and Xbox...... I wanted to buy Ark for steam too :(  I feel like a pile of dodo feces....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I play TheCenter and find this to be cruel... We weren't warned before hand that all our work, or our loyalty to Ark and Wildcard for that matter, would be worthless to them. We weren't told ahead of time that TheCenter gets nothing. They hired the guy who made TheCenter for other projects, TheCenter is considered an 'offical' map since there are Official Servers for TheCenter so this "It's the designers problem" crap doesn't fly with me. I bought SE for the sole reason that I wanted to support Wildcard because they put so much work into making sure the content was enjoyable. And for what? To be disregarded because of an Official Map choice that we were NEVER told would miss out on events like this? Xbox is getting theirs, we should get ours. The SOTF Scorched Earth can wait a week or two. I'd been looking forward to Fear Evolved for weeks to have it ripped away at the last second. No warning. It's an Official Map. It should get the same care as TheIsland and Scorched Earth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A great game that always delivers surprises and enjoyment and I've not even begun to explore all it has to offer in single player and with other folks. I come into the game and find pumpkin patches around. Glorious. The official servers could be less toxic but there isn't a game anywhere where grievers and malcontents don't find a way to make games less enjoyable. It's a universal problem that hopefully will eventually be figured out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How else do you expect paying customers to REACT when you drop the damn ball every update/release/dlc/etc... This game is fantastic at times, but my god you guys really know how to mistreat loyal customers.  All you guys do is hype, hype, hype and NEVER follow through.  It's amazing! Don't worry about me though, I bought a 2nd xbox to host your damn game for other players to enjoy, and we STILL don't have all the options PC can do as far as settings are concerned.  Can we PLEASE get an option for PRIMITIVE OR PRIMITIVE PLUS for player-dedicated servers.  Also, why in the HELL would you release a new DLC map that cost $20 (totally fine with that btw) but NOT include primitive plus on that? You've got to be kidding me.  I find it ridiculously hard to believe that you can't implement some kind of PRIMITIVE or PRIMITIVE PLUS check box in the server settings menu.  I can go from PVE to PVP with a click of a button.  . . . but can't choose what engrams we get to choose from.  Get real Wildcard.

 

Rant over for now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Avyiera said:

I play TheCenter and find this to be cruel... We weren't warned before hand that all our work, or our loyalty to Ark and Wildcard for that matter, would be worthless to them. We weren't told ahead of time that TheCenter gets nothing. They hired the guy who made TheCenter for other projects, TheCenter is considered an 'offical' map since there are Official Servers for TheCenter so this "It's the designers problem" crap doesn't fly with me. I bought SE for the sole reason that I wanted to support Wildcard because they put so much work into making sure the content was enjoyable. And for what? To be disregarded because of an Official Map choice that we were NEVER told would miss out on events like this? Xbox is getting theirs, we should get ours. The SOTF Scorched Earth can wait a week or two. I'd been looking forward to Fear Evolved for weeks to have it ripped away at the last second. No warning. It's an Official Map. It should get the same care as TheIsland and Scorched Earth.

I can't cite my source but it is my understanding that in order for anything event wise or even content wise to be included on the center that is up to the creator of the map, wildcard will not make these choices. Of course this isn't said in any of these updates I want to say it was a tweet. Of course I possibly might be wrong. 

It is a bummer though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Primitive p

34 minutes ago, rjthomp01 said:

How else do you expect paying customers to REACT when you drop the damn ball every update/release/dlc/etc... This game is fantastic at times, but my god you guys really know how to mistreat loyal customers.  All you guys do is hype, hype, hype and NEVER follow through.  It's amazing! Don't worry about me though, I bought a 2nd xbox to host your damn game for other players to enjoy, and we STILL don't have all the options PC can do as far as settings are concerned.  Can we PLEASE get an option for PRIMITIVE OR PRIMITIVE PLUS for player-dedicated servers.  Also, why in the HELL would you release a new DLC map that cost $20 (totally fine with that btw) but NOT include primitive plus on that? You've got to be kidding me.  I find it ridiculously hard to believe that you can't implement some kind of PRIMITIVE or PRIMITIVE PLUS check box in the server settings menu.  I can go from PVE to PVP with a click of a button.  . . . but can't choose what engrams we get to choose from.  Get real Wildcard.

 

Rant over for now. 

Primitive Plus is a mod made by a third party and it's one guy working on it. He's doing his best to be able to implement everything onto every map and what not so it takes time. I understand frustrations but we can't expect everything in the world from these people, especially modders who are doing this out of their homes for the good of the community.

On another note, thank you Wildcard so much for listening to the community and not just straight up cancelling the event and just postponing it, I know you guys work hard over there and that you guys have a lot on your plate and that things come up some times. (To save yourselves some hate from the extremely over zealous in the community maybe just announce less stuff and keep it as surprises instead like Scorch was an awesome surprise to come out and everyone was happy because it wasn't prehyped(well, almost everyone, see above mentioned zealots))

So once again thank you for making this AMAZING game that I have poured almost 2000 hours in to playing. And for those of you that continue to complain time after time, remember HOW MUCH TIME YOU'GE GOTTEN OUT OF A $35(+$20 if you have Scorch) GAME!!! I've been burned 10 times in the last 2 years on FULL PRICE, "FINISHED GAMES" that I've played for less than 15 hours and you guys are always complaining about bugs in a game that you've played like a full time job over the last year. That's right, there's 2000 hours in a work year and most of you that bitch every time have played that much in the last year so stuff a sock in it already and appreciate the golden goose that Wildcard has made us! (FOR $35!!!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Zorendier said:

I can't cite my source but it is my understanding that in order for anything event wise or even content wise to be included on the center that is up to the creator of the map, wildcard will not make these choices. Of course this isn't said in any of these updates I want to say it was a tweet. Of course I possibly might be wrong. 

It is a bummer though. 

I get that. Sort of. But they should have informed us before hand. They should have contacted the creator, and if the creator said they weren't going to, tell us. Instead of waiting until after the release for us to find out we get nothing for the event that we prepared for. A little warning would have been nice. It's lack of communication either within their own company, or with us, the customers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mfc420 said:

No one should be complaining anymore, we were upset and they listened, who cares if we don't get tameable snakes or the werewolves or vampires, pc didn't get those either, atleast we're getting the event, be happy :)

 

Those of us who play on The Center still have every right to complain. Many on the server I play on spent the past two weeks breeding super gigas to be able to take on the DodoRex. And in the end all we got were colorful trees and candy corn looking drops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Avyiera said:

I get that. Sort of. But they should have informed us before hand. They should have contacted the creator, and if the creator said they weren't going to, tell us. Instead of waiting until after the release for us to find out we get nothing for the event that we prepared for. A little warning would have been nice. It's lack of communication either within their own company, or with us, the customers.

The creator of the center is a wildcard employee and has been for many months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrostyNWinters said:

Primitive p

 

So once again thank you for making this AMAZING game that I have poured almost 2000 hours in to playing. And for those of you that continue to complain time after time, remember HOW MUCH TIME YOU'GE GOTTEN OUT OF A $35(+$20 if you have Scorch) GAME!!! I've been burned 10 times in the last 2 years on FULL PRICE, "FINISHED GAMES" that I've played for less than 15 hours and you guys are always complaining about bugs in a game that you've played like a full time job over the last year. That's right, there's 2000 hours in a work year and most of you that bitch every time have played that much in the last year so stuff a sock in it already and appreciate the golden goose that Wildcard has made us! (FOR $35!!!)

The amount of time spent playing a grind of a game is irreverent and does not justify the way Wildcard has really let people down the past couple week, months or heck, even the past year. Almost every single major update had major components delayed, some of them indefinitely. But at least we know why, and it was because they diverted the developers who should have been finishing Ark: survival evolved and decided to make a paid DLC. Now that the delays seem to be continuing even though SE has been released, logic dictates that they must be hard at work making another paid DLC instead of finishing what we paid them to develop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndrewLB said:

 

Those of us who play on The Center still have every right to complain. Many on the server I play on spent the past two weeks breeding super gigas to be able to take on the DodoRex. And in the end all we got were colorful trees and candy corn looking drops.

Except for the fact that they don't really have control over that map, it's not theirs, they didn't make it, and their not the ones who update it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...