ARK: Fear Evolved 2 on Xbox One, Community Crunch 69, Evolution Event & More

Jatheish

Thanks wild card crew! You guys are really amazing, and I always wished for a game like you guys have created! I am so happy and love everything about it! I do play single player mostly, or just share with husband and friends. Just know that the negative nancies might be the loudest, but you have way more fans then haters. I had a very exhausting event at my place of work this weekend. Family owned business 36th anniversary sale! It was huge and still not anywhere near as complicated as what you guys try to pull off without a hitch. I am just glad you will still be doing it! Looking forward to fear evolved on Xbox one! And since you are late with it, I can actually play instead of being exhausted from my own job event.

Can you still have Boas tameable? Later if not for the event? I have been looking for to that for a while. I would love if they are rideable too.

And the skins especially the skeleton ones are something I really want. How about more of those in greater variety later? For saddles too? And can we get one each time we wake up? Or unlock engrams for them? Or win them from drops way more often? wyvern skeleton?

Any timeframe for primal? I am looking forward to being the Dino's! But surprising Me would be great!

I agree with previous suggestions by the way. Please do make all future updates and releases a surprise. Not only would it prevent the haters _ whom I hate? but it would be amazing in my opinion to be out gathering and eaten by some creature I had no clue existed! Or find some cutie and tame it without knowing it was possible. I love the experiment of discovering for myself! You will still have haters, buy it will add more excitement knowing there is possibly an undiscovered creature or treat waiting! Even engrams and such. It would keep people playing too, just to see if there is new stuff.

Scorched earth is the best thing ever! I love everything about it! Totally my style, and wyverns are my favorite! Love love you guys for it! But in the future can I please generate a PGM that is permanent and can have desserts and wyverns? With all the Ark creatures and engrams and climates? Single player and private multiplayer of course! Pretty please?

Love scorched earth! Love the weather! Love the desert! Love the creatures! Love wyverns!

Oh and I want to be able to once in a while be killed by lightings. Especially while flying. Or at least knocked out. 

Thanks WC for being so cool, and giving me the fantasy world that can only exist as a video game. ?

still no word on TheCenter map, i nevr complained befor, if something was delayed etc, like some of the breeding that has been in patch notes for over a year. or just things that didnt make it, because they werent ready to release that 1 dino and structure. but the center map not getting the event and island map players do, thats completly unfair, we both bought the game, and we both play on a " official" server, yet we get screwed over. if there was something wrong and center had to be delayed with the event that we get it later that would have been more then fine. but all we got is silence, not a word nothing. do they even care about their customers?

15 minutes ago, Jack Carter said:

still no word on TheCenter map, i nevr complained befor, if something was delayed etc, like some of the breeding that has been in patch notes for over a year. or just things that didnt make it, because they werent ready to release that 1 dino and structure. but the center map not getting the event and island map players do, thats completly unfair, we both bought the game, and we both play on a " official" server, yet we get screwed over. if there was something wrong and center had to be delayed with the event that we get it later that would have been more then fine. but all we got is silence, not a word nothing. do they even care about their customers?

From what I've heard The Center has it on PC so I presume Xbox Center would as well.

Nevermind. Guess I was wrong.

Edited by Domnicioz
Was incorrect.

53 minutes ago, DemonLordCronos said:

I know this is a strange idea but what about making a map that includes the event stuff so people could play it year round? I'd buy it and im sure a few others would too

Only if they did that after the game got out of early access, otherwise the games reputation and steam reviews would go to hell. There are already enough haters.

1 hour ago, DemonLordCronos said:

I know this is a strange idea but what about making a map that includes the event stuff so people could play it year round? I'd buy it and im sure a few others would too

I too hope they simply make it a server side option. Dissappointed I won't be able to do this on the center map in prim+ either though. :/ But I should be able to spawn everything in so others can kill em.. Atleast there's that..

Alright I'll eat my words. I was incredibly annoyed when they said it was cancelled but this proves that they do care. While my trust in them might permanently be strained I can say without a doubt the do listen and do care about their fanbase. While they may not make the best choice sometimes I am still delighted to see this and I can't wait for the event!

I'm glad to see you guys got this straightened out.  I was respectfully and constructively critical of y'all the other day, for the first time ever.  I was truly concerned for the future of WildCard, as that was a pretty bad screw-up; but you guys did the only thing any good company can do when it screws up.  You admitted fault, apologized, and are making it right.  In today's business world, you can't really do more than that.  I thank you and appreciate you guys doing the right thing for us console folks.  Please take note of how to handle this for future issues, which will inevitably and occasionally happen.  We customers understand that stuff happens.  Just be honest with your clients/customers, admit your mistakes, make an offer to do what you can to make it right, and you'd be surprised how far it goes in building an ongoing business relationship. Thanks again.

I got scorched earth so I could transfer dinos to my island server only to find there are no primitive scorched servers and you have to be on primitive to transfer to primitive!

plz either:

A. add primitive scorched servers on xbox

B. make dinos transferable from primitive to non-primitive and vise versa

C. Remove the idea of primitive and just change them all to regular( no one likes primitive anyway they just join and don't realize it until they are to good to want to quit) but DON'T wipe the servers and just add all the engrams

D. anybody else's solutions

On 10/29/2016 at 2:13 PM, Avyiera said:

I play TheCenter and find this to be cruel... We weren't warned before hand that all our work, or our loyalty to Ark and Wildcard for that matter, would be worthless to them. We weren't told ahead of time that TheCenter gets nothing. They hired the guy who made TheCenter for other projects, TheCenter is considered an 'offical' map since there are Official Servers for TheCenter so this "It's the designers problem" crap doesn't fly with me. I bought SE for the sole reason that I wanted to support Wildcard because they put so much work into making sure the content was enjoyable. And for what? To be disregarded because of an Official Map choice that we were NEVER told would miss out on events like this? Xbox is getting theirs, we should get ours. The SOTF Scorched Earth can wait a week or two. I'd been looking forward to Fear Evolved for weeks to have it ripped away at the last second. No warning. It's an Official Map. It should get the same care as TheIsland and Scorched Earth.

Have you considered the possibility that The Center is incompatible? Let's be frank, The Center is and always has been fundamentally different from The Island in many ways, different creator, different vision, different goals, different coding, different textures. Wildcard is constantly working overtime on what they've already got on their plate, they can't be expected to spice some other dude's food even if it is on the menu now.

12 hours ago, Wizmattc said:

I got scorched earth so I could transfer dinos to my island server only to find there are no primitive scorched servers and you have to be on primitive to transfer to primitive!

plz either:

A. add primitive scorched servers on xbox

B. make dinos transferable from primitive to non-primitive and vise versa

C. Remove the idea of primitive and just change them all to regular( no one likes primitive anyway they just join and don't realize it until they are to good to want to quit) but DON'T wipe the servers and just add all the engrams

D. anybody else's solutions

I love primitive plus..  it's how the whole game should be. . . . Why have a game based thousands of years ago and allow electric generators and air conditioners etc..  it's about survival and is more in keeping with the game than non primitive plus  ... the game should have been primitive plus from the beginning and "non primitive plus" as an edition for all those who don't like grinding and want to "cheat" using air conditioners and fridges and turrets etc.... primitive plus makes u appreciate everything alot more and just makes sense... the only people who don't like primitive are those that play pvp and like to troll or fight wars or like drama all the time and wanna compete to be alphas all the time...

I'm on a PVE primitive plus official server and apart from a very limited few it's amazing... everyone (bar a few) helps each other whether it's prime meat runs or making saddles for other tribes or trading eggs or kibble etc. We raised a level 164 rex baby from an egg that was given to us by another tribe and me and my partner (tribe of 2) did split shifts for 4 days to raise the baby and 5 tribes did meat runs for us to help us to keep the baby alive. Tribes fight together to attack alpha packs people's bases are protected from others against the wild dinos new people start and everyone gives starting structures dinos and saddles and supplies..  if people are taming people borrow narcotics and others do prime meat runs around ur tame to help tame quicker etc...

the server I'm on is how I love to play fun friendly hard work appreciated and we even left our own hosted server for it... 

30 minutes ago, Ark247uk said:

I love primitive plus..  it's how the whole game should be. . . . Why have a game based thousands of years ago and allow electric generators and air conditioners etc..  it's about survival and is more in keeping with the game than non primitive plus  ... the game should have been primitive plus from the beginning and "non primitive plus" as an edition for all those who don't like grinding and want to "cheat" using air conditioners and fridges and turrets etc.... primitive plus makes u appreciate everything alot more and just makes sense... the only people who don't like primitive are those that play pvp and like to troll or fight wars or like drama all the time and wanna compete to be alphas all the time...

I'm on a PVE primitive plus official server and apart from a very limited few it's amazing... everyone (bar a few) helps each other whether it's prime meat runs or making saddles for other tribes or trading eggs or kibble etc. We raised a level 164 rex baby from an egg that was given to us by another tribe and me and my partner (tribe of 2) did split shifts for 4 days to raise the baby and 5 tribes did meat runs for us to help us to keep the baby alive. Tribes fight together to attack alpha packs people's bases are protected from others against the wild dinos new people start and everyone gives starting structures dinos and saddles and supplies..  if people are taming people borrow narcotics and others do prime meat runs around ur tame to help tame quicker etc...

the server I'm on is how I love to play fun friendly hard work appreciated and we even left our own hosted server for it... 

i didn't mean to come off as disliking the game ark is amazing... i was just suggesting a way to make it better and I had the C as a worst case scenario option.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Ark247uk said:

I love primitive plus..  it's how the whole game should be. . . . Why have a game based thousands of years ago and allow electric generators and air conditioners etc.. 

It really isn't based "thousands of years ago". It's just that humans and a bunch of creatures from different points in time were all thrown together on the ARK.

Moreover, the technological stuff comes all the way from the inspiration for ARK. In one of the interviews, which I forget if it was from a panel at a convention or during their 24 hour charity stream, they made it clear that the inspiration for ARK came from this image that an algorithm stated to be the coolest image on the internet, or something along those lines. Said image was a battle among dinosaurs that were sporting high tech armor and shooting lasers, rockets, et al, at each other.

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

It really isn't based "thousands of years ago". It's just that humans and a bunch of creatures from different points in time were all thrown together on the ARK.

Moreover, the technological stuff comes all the way from the inspiration for ARK. In one of the interviews, which I forget if it was from a panel at a convention or during their 24 hour charity stream, they made it clear that the inspiration for ARK came from this image that an algorithm stated to be the coolest image on the internet, or something along those lines. Said image was a battle among dinosaurs that were sporting high tech armor and shooting lasers, rockets, et al, at each other.

Or old cartoons like Dino Riders and Cadillacs n Dinosaurs

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DemonLordCronos said:

Or old cartoons like Dino Riders and Cadillacs n Dinosaurs

Nah, they specifically cited that particular image. I would have said it was a dino riders image but having seen the cartoon in my childhood, none of the dinos in the image looked like how they were set up in DR.

1 minute ago, GamerPerfection said:

Considering they all gave up their Halloween weekend to work on Fear 2 for Xbox I think people should allow for a little bit more of a delay. I'm sure it will come soon.

Noted. 

My patience has now been refreshed.

Can't believe I forgot to say it, but excellant work everyone and congrats to the lucky winners of the contests.

On 10/31/2016 at 8:23 AM, CyanicEmber said:

Have you considered the possibility that The Center is incompatible? Let's be frank, The Center is and always has been fundamentally different from The Island in many ways, different creator, different vision, different goals, different coding, different textures. Wildcard is constantly working overtime on what they've already got on their plate, they can't be expected to spice some other dude's food even if it is on the menu now.

How can SE BE COMPATIBLE , and the Center not , Have YOU stopped to consider that ?.... Just wow , you got something on your nose there , you may want to wipe off., I play on the Center , so yeah , NOT HAPPY. Maybe if we had PAID them 20$'s for it they would have at least bothered as much . I mean FFS they put a dodowyvern in SE ... And your going to sit there and say this .. SMMFH. Also , Wildcard making boasts about an event , Hyping an Event , Making Sales for SE of of said event , Then waiting untill patchday to tell the xbox players yeah your not gonna get it . I would have given up the weekend too , since , they knew , days ( Takes time to go through MS) before it was not done , and still again said nothing. 
See it takes X time to go through microsoft , before we get the "patch" So they knew , With more then enough time it would not make the delayed 28th release, so lets say , 2 days , they knew it was not done 48 hours ahead , or if you want to say , 5 hours if microsoft rushed it through. So , if they was only 5 hours behind in work of getting it done , why would it take them a week to get it out ? Unless it was much much more then just 5 hours behind. if it was 48 hours behind getting passed why would it take another 5-7 days to get out , Unless they was yet still farther behind. 
Now I'm not saying one way or the other . All I am trying to point out, is simple. Do the math of how long it takes to get through microsoft , then add the number of days between, two days to get through , and if its out wed, that means it was submitted on monday , meaning it took them 2-3 days to finish meaning , As of last wed they knew it was/would not be done on time, since if it only took 5 hours to get "rushed" through microsoft the event would have been out on monday.
The math is not hard to understand.
All I ask is that everyone both the Just be gratefuls , and the ragers take time to step back , look at the game, and try for once not to be bias. Look at it through fresh eyes
Yes I understand its a lot of work , If it was to much for them , then why say it would happen let alone even bother with a console. 
And as for the Just be grateful crowd, Remember, if it was to hard to put onto the center , Why did they take all that time putting it onto SE ? Instead of being a bunch of yesmen, Try to see past the hype , meanwhile, all of the time that has been put into the center map for me Voids the event , and for over 60 others that play on this offical server. 
"offical", Meaning a supported map. oh , and to top it off , we also play primitive .
So , I am pleased that console is at least getting a bone thrown at them , it also happens to do nothing for many of us. 
So at the end of the day , The ones that truely understand feeling left out and forgotten in this " event" are swept to the curb. It is not a rage , it is looking at it for what it is. Am I swearing at wildcard and raging , no.  I am how ever able to understand how many players do so. Even though I do not agree with it. since really does it get us the event , no. 
Does it make them feel better to be able to vent and get it out, how angry they are , oh yes. 
Just set back , and do the math you guys . it may calm you down , no matter what side of the fence you are on.