Jump to content

Jatheish

ARK: Fear Evolved 2!

Recommended Posts

It's not called "life", fellow Ark players. It's called business.

I suspect some--or even most--of you have not been involved with executive or leadership in the business world. Learn this lesson quick: the business world is a dirty, shady, grimy place. Decisions are made specifically to make more money than it will cost to clean up the mess if and when they get caught. This happens in every industry, for a variety of reasons, all the time. 

Don't be naive and give this company a pass and say, "eh, life happens." That's something you say to a friend or family member, not the counterpart in a business transaction. What you do is hold them accountable and they will either survive by virtue of their merit, or they won't by virtue of the inverse.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taytmw said:

well considering they have had the patch notes for the event update out saying it was coming today...that sounds like a written promise...and the fact that they waited until the day of release to tell us it wasn't coming...kind of a sleezy thing to do

I am sorry you assumed this is a wirtten promise but its not, even if the event did happen the same people would be here on the forum complaining about a small bug with the event that is "GAMEBREAKING" does anyone come on to support devs anymore, or just to bash them when a mistake is made if i was jeremy i would have went to the award ceremony even if it was not for him a cheering crowd is much more pleasent to listen to then this one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

Are we? Cuz that'd be awesome! I can dress as a werewolf on Monday and steal some kids' cool masks as if I were playing on a pc if I really need to lol 

Glass Half Full!!!

No werewolves were not included in this update even with PC so I highly highly doubt xbox will be getting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Grow up and accept that life happens!
They're human, yet they keep doing inhuman things like keeping up this insane development schedule for more than 1½ years in a row soon.

The development schedule for this game was a release date back in Spring 2016, then rescheduled for Fall 2016....and about to be rescheduled yet again.

 

'member back when they said that devoting resources to their new game of SoTF (last year) would in no way effect the development of the game we bought? I'm sure suddenly developing a different new map/game this whole time has taken nothing away from that either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, taytmw said:

also...I thought xbox was supposed to be getting mod support, or was that a lie as well?

They get the OFFICIAL mods. I have never seen it stated they'll fully support all mods, especially as there is no service for it for consoles atm. Bethesda is the only inexpensive so far to get this far with mods on console, and they created a whole new service for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ArtimusMorgan said:

The development schedule for this game was a release date back in Spring 2016, then rescheduled for Fall 2016....and about to be rescheduled yet again.

 

'member back when they said that devoting resources to their new game of SoTF (last year) would in no way effect the development of the game we bought? I'm sure suddenly developing a different new map/game this whole time has taken nothing away from that either.

Holiday 2016, not Fall. I've seen them say Holiday a ton. Not saying they will or won't make it, just that that's when they stated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EliteGamer11388 said:

They get the OFFICIAL mods. I have never seen it stated they'll fully support all mods, especially as there is no service for it for consoles atm. Bethesda is the only inexpensive so far to get this far with mods on console, and they created a whole new service for it

it mentions community mods too

Edited by taytmw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TimeSpiral said:

It's not called "life", fellow Ark players. It's called business.

I suspect some--or even most--of you have not been involved with executive or leadership in the business world. Learn this lesson quick: the business world is a dirty, shady, grimy place. Decisions are made specifically to make more money than it will cost to clean up the mess if and when they get caught. This happens in every industry, for a variety of reasons, all the time. 

Don't be naive and give this company a pass and say, "eh, life happens." That's something you say to a friend or family member, not the counterpart in a business transaction. What you do is hold them accountable and they will either survive by virtue of their merit, or they won't by virtue of the inverse.  

Yes. Very well said. We as gamers need to band together and hold Wild Card accountable just like every other industry out there. We purchase a product and when that product or service is not as advertised we have to hold them accountable. Just like Steam did with No Man's Sky if enough of us demand refunds we have a better chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

I am sorry you assumed this is a wirtten promise but its not, even if the event did happen the same people would be here on the forum complaining about a small bug with the event that is "GAMEBREAKING" does anyone come on to support devs anymore, or just to bash them when a mistake is made if i was jeremy i would have went to the award ceremony even if it was not for him a cheering crowd is much more pleasent to listen to then this one...

It its more important to take responsibility for your mistakes than it is to take credit for your accomplishments. While he is across the ocean getting an award for how awesome he is and posting pics so everyone can see. Meanwhile his job is half finished and screwed all of Xbox on the event they have been advertising. Sad. Hope he feels good about himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HillFamily said:

It its more important to take responsibility for your mistakes than it is to take credit for your accomplishments. While he is across the ocean getting an award for how awesome he is and posting pics so everyone can see. Meanwhile his job is half finished and screwed all of Xbox on the event they have been advertising. Sad. Hope he feels good about himself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, HillFamily said:

It its more important to take responsibility for your mistakes than it is to take credit for your accomplishments. While he is across the ocean getting an award for how awesome he is and posting pics so everyone can see. Meanwhile his job is half finished and screwed all of Xbox on the event they have been advertising. Sad. Hope he feels good about himself.

agreed. it is not civil whatsoever to treat xbox players like crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, like most of the xbox players am disappointed we wont be getting the fear evolved event this weekend.  Am i still going to play and enjoy myself?  Yes, yes I will.  At the end of the day this event at its core is just a cosmetic change, other than the dodo bosses.  The gameplay is essentially the same which is why i find it strange anyone would buy this game solely on one event that lasts for one week, seems short sighted and foolish. Bottom line wildcard knew they wouldnt have it ready for xbox before today and didnt tell us sooner and thats just a crappy way to treat your community, next time under promise and over deliver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

Personally, I don't really care if console gets the holiday stuff. If so, cool. If not, cool. I just want Primal Survival.

Hell no. The last thing WIldcard should focus on is another side project which add no value to game or don't push it closer to release date. I'm really tired off Wildcard's "Jack of all trades, master of none" content updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These Events that they have been putting out are the side projects that add no value. Primal Survival is the one thing that will keep me from uninstalling this game for something else. They scrap that project, I will not be playing this game any longer. I don't care for these temporary events that truly bring nothing to the table in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...