ARK: Fear Evolved 2!

Jatheish

It would be better if this information had been presented anytime sooner than the DAY of the patch. Bad for PR with the xbox crowd, we already have to listen to endless "master race" crap from the pc crowd, now we gotta see the unique skins and decorations we have been preparing to get waved in front of us knowing we will have to wait another year to hope to get it.  It would have been nice to not be left out like the unwanted step child again on what was promised to be a very unique event. 

6 minutes ago, BobOffArk said:

wow :( <<<<i know of some players who only bought it expecting the weekend events ,i think it was known long before today that it was not going to be released for xbox :)

Yeah I think they knew it wasn't going to be released and just posted up the event to scam more sales from poor Xbox customers.This is horrible. Wish I never would have wasted my money or time on a company like Wild Card. Just like Steam did with No Man's Sky if enough of us demand refunds we have a better chance of getting them.

9 minutes ago, HillFamily said:

Yeah I think they knew it wasn't going to be released and just posted up the event to scam more sales from poor Xbox customers.This is horrible. Wish I never would have wasted my money or time on a company like Wild Card. Just like Steam did with No Man's Sky if enough of us demand refunds we have a better chance of getting them.

Then uninstall the game and stop playing it and stop going to the forums etc.. honestly its not a waste of money, its a great game..

Did they know before hand that the event was most likely not going to make it to xbox? yes
Should they have told us? yes

but guess what.. we all live in the real world where stuff happens.. things get delayed.. im sure they worked as hard as they could to get it out for us on time but just were not able to do it (not sure why with both Jeremy and Jesse who are just founders / captains of the team having to do other stuff would stop them getting it released on time i dont know)..

none of it makes it a 'scam for sales'.. get over it.. i would have loved to have have the Halloween stuff but it does not make the game worthless and a waste of money...

sheesh.

That us a matter of opinion. it is a good game and has potential but that us all still a matter of opinion. the FACTS are that I purchased a game under a promise of an advertisement. When that promise failed to come to fruition the deal is null and I'm entitled to a refund. If you went to buy a Chevy Truck at a dealership. paid your money but when you went to leave they give you a Ford Focus and say stop complaining Focus is a good car things would be bad. I bought something that was not provided therefor I'm entitled to my refund. then I'll delete the game 

11 minutes ago, zousug said:

Then uninstall the game and stop playing it and stop going to the forums etc.. honestly its not a waste of money, its a great game..

Did they know before hand that the event was most likely not going to make it to xbox? yes
Should they have told us? yes

but guess what.. we all live in the real world where stuff happens.. things get delayed.. im sure they worked as hard as they could to get it out for us on time but just were not able to do it (not sure why with both Jeremy and Jesse who are just founders / captains of the team having to do other stuff would stop them getting it released on time i dont know)..

none of it makes it a 'scam for sales'.. get over it.. i would have loved to have have the Halloween stuff but it does not make the game worthless and a waste of money...

sheesh.

actually it does make it a waste...When people are told they will get the same content as the pc version if they buy the game and then get screwed over by the devs, that makes it a waste of money...i for one, paid for the xbox version expecting to get the same treatment and content as pc players, yet the devs give everything to the pc players only, instead of making sure it was ready for both systems and THEN releasing it

2 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

lmfao at grown adults getting this mad over a holiday event for a hoiday that is mostly for kids the only part of this holiday that is for adults is the fact you get to watch children be the happiest they are all year except christmas in cute costumes yet here we are....sad is what it is

I concur

6 hours ago, ImChuckNorris2 said:

It'd be really easy for someone who actually gets the content they've been waiting for to say something like that. And if they can't handle this "insane" dev schedule, then maybe they should change the way they do things so they can actually follow through on their promises! Like how long ago was this game supposed to come out on PS4? 

Before you even TRY blaming WildCard for not getting ARK on PS4, you might want to a little research and see that Sony will not accept it until it is a fully published game. And boo-hoo. We didn't get the Halloween event. It sucks, yeah, but there are such things called "unexpected events". They shouldn't have to go through this much hate for not putting a holiday event. We still got the regular Update and you should be grateful that they haven't dropped the game after getting so much money from this. I'm sure they will add something for us Xbox players so that people like you can stop bitching. And promises aren't always kept. Anyone who says that they have kept every single promise is probably one of the biggest liars I'll ever know. So, in short: Get some common sense about what it takes to make a game like this, get some common sense in general, and be grateful that this game exists. 

Just now, TheHellishCat said:

Before you even TRY blaming WildCard for not getting ARK on PS4, you might want to a little research and see that Sony will not accept it until it is a fully published game. And boo-hoo. We didn't get the Halloween event. It sucks, yeah, but there are such things called "unexpected events". They shouldn't have to go through this much hate for not putting a holiday event. We still got the regular Update and you should be grateful that they haven't dropped the game after getting so much money from this. I'm sure they will add something for us Xbox players so that people like you can stop bitching. And promises aren't always kept. Anyone who says that they have kept every single promise is probably one of the biggest liars I'll ever know. So, in short: Get some common sense about what it takes to make a game like this, get some common sense in general, and be grateful that this game exists. 

but knowing that the event wouldn't be ready on xbox they should have scrapped pcs event too...its only fair considering we were promised everything that pc has

Just now, TheHellishCat said:

well said, only in an online gaming community will people be harassed and flamed for trying to do something extra and nice for its customers and having to cancel it due to emergency. 

1 minute ago, OGCookies said:

well said, only in an online gaming community will people be harassed and flamed for trying to do something extra and nice for its customers and having to cancel it due to emergency. 

except it wasn't an emergency...2 of the devs had to go either give away or receive a stupid survival of the fittest trophy...since when is that an emergency? check twitter. the dev posted a picture yesterday of him holding the damn thing.

7 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Grow up and accept that life happens!
They're human, yet they keep doing inhuman things like keeping up this insane development schedule for more than 1½ years in a row soon.

Grow up? Lol are you kidding me...last year they didn't even consider doing it for Xbox.  Whatever.....this year they have promised it for about a month and then THE DAY ITS SUPPOSED TO DROP they're just like sorry you guys are beat.  Totally unacceptable, 

"Doing inhuman things like keeping up with this insane development schedule for more than 1½ years in a row soon"

Thanks for bringing that up too, their other big lie as in the release date of the game Lol was supposed to be fully release last year.

4 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Emergency: Family member is sick or injured, you are sick or injured, etc

Not Emergency: Flying across the world for a trophy

Who exactly would turn down an award ceremony meant for you so you can push out an extra event to a ungrateful community?

the event was EXTRA it is not mandatory get over it if your that jealous of PC users take all the time you spend here flaming devs and put that time into a second(or first) job and buy a pc problem solved

8 minutes ago, Seghs said:

Emergency: Family member is sick or injured, you are sick or injured, etc

Not Emergency: Flying across the world for a trophy

amen

And let me point out that I am a huge Walking Dead fan who was ticked off at the season six cliffhanger, but i think this move against us xbox players made me angrier than that did

26 minutes ago, taytmw said:

actually it does make it a waste...When people are told they will get the same content as the pc version if they buy the game and then get screwed over by the devs, that makes it a waste of money...i for one, paid for the xbox version expecting to get the same treatment and content as pc players, yet the devs give everything to the pc players only, instead of making sure it was ready for both systems and THEN releasing it

you dont get it do you... they didnt go 'oh you know what.. lets tell xbox players they will get this.. but actually not give it to them' they were working on it and had planned on releasing it for the xbox.. stuff happened that caused them not to be able to do it.. its called LIFE.. it happens.. they didnt set out to 'screw' you if you are truly that unhappy then dont play.. dont come to the forums.. so annoying how much people cry and carry on when things are delayed... its not even a full release yet.. so yeah there are going to be bugs and delays on updates etc.. THINGS HAPPEN..

2 minutes ago, zousug said:

you dont get it do you... they didnt go 'oh you know what.. lets tell xbox players they will get this.. but actually not give it to them' they were working on it and had planned on releasing it for the xbox.. stuff happened that caused them not to be able to do it.. its called LIFE.. it happens.. they didnt set out to 'screw' you if you are truly that unhappy then dont play.. dont come to the forums.. so annoying how much people cry and carry on when things are delayed... its not even a full release yet.. so yeah there are going to be bugs and delays on updates etc.. THINGS HAPPEN..

its not called life, its called "lets go pick up a sotf trophy instead of finishing the content we promised to give the xbox players. and the event isn't delayed...its CANCELLED.

Just now, taytmw said:

its not called life, its called "lets go pick up a sotf trophy instead of finishing the content we promised to give the xbox players. and the event isn't delayed...its CANCELLED.

God where did any of the devs ever say the word promise? because the word gets tossed around like its constantly being said read the early access game disclaimer understand it please because a lot of people here seem to not

Just now, OGCookies said:

God where did any of the devs ever say the word promise? because the word gets tossed around like its constantly being said read the early access game disclaimer understand it please because a lot of people here seem to not

well considering they have had the patch notes for the event update out saying it was coming today...that sounds like a written promise...and the fact that they waited until the day of release to tell us it wasn't coming...kind of a sleezy thing to do