ARK: Fear Evolved 2!

Jatheish

Alright, I'm usually behind Wildcard and supporting them and defending them countless times, but this-- I cannot defend or support them, this is just wrong.

1) You knew Jesse and Jeremy were overseas, it's obvious things would be delayed/not finished. Not telling us this via your own forums or even social media beforehand, then telling us the day it should drop is inexcusable.

2) Not only are your Xbox fans disappointed in you, some of your PC fans are too.

3) Xbox has continuously missed out on events since release, this isn't new, but promising us we'd finally get an event and not delivering at all and basically telling us "Wait until December for the next event" is arrogant.

Basically what I'm saying is, the community is sick of your excuses and the lack of communication. Either you guys need to buckle down and get serious with this and treat your community the way they've been demanding for a long time now, or you'll just lose fans and players. That's not good, I mean yeah, a lot of games/companies lose fans daily, but those are BIG companies and games like Call of Duty and Destiny and they gain more players than they lose. That's not the case here, if Ark continues down this path only your 'loyal' players will remain after the dust settles, and that loyal bunch isn't going to be enough to support the game, I'm just being honest here.

Do something to make up for this inexcusable screw-up. An Evolution Event isn't enough to make up for this. Best option is to finish it anyway and release it sometime in November. Nobody will care that it won't be on time for Halloween, we just want the event.

As soon as I saw the first trailer for this game a year or so ago I was hyped for it. I wanted to play it so badly, and when it finally came out on Xbox I got it immediately. I just spent two or so hours playing today and I'm not going to stop playing any time soon, but this is honestly really disappointing. I haven't played the SE DLC yet but it looks great, but the fact you guys keep removing planned features from updates at the last minute (how long is it since you've said we're supposed to get certain things?) and canceling a huge update on the very last second is a poopty thing to do.

I wouldn't even be upset at all if you said it would take a little bit longer for Xbox players to get the update. But at this rate it doesn't look like we're going to get it at all.

I'm not going to stop playing a game that I greatly enjoy over some missed updates, but it's a serious disappointment to me.

4 minutes ago, Berg said:

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/ark-survival-evolved-has-sold-a-lot-of-copies-on-xbox-one-and-pc/

Studio Wildcard co-founder Jeremy Stieglitz has revealed that ARK: Survival Evolved has been downloaded 5.5 million times on Xbox One and PC.

Speaking to MCV, he announced that the Xbox One version has sold 1.5 million copies since it launched in December.

“[Our first year] has gone very well,” Stieglitz said. “The launch was an unexpected success, but that’s also a double edged sword because when it succeeds at that level, it kind of raises expectations about how ambitious the game is going to be, and how large of a scope it is going to have when it is finished. 

“We have especially blown the doors open on what we had originally planned in terms of number of creatures, features and technical complexity. When we launched we didn’t even plan on having modding support, which has become a huge aspect of the game’s appeal and life cycle on PC. It’s been interesting to raise ourselves and our level of work to the expectations that this very large audience now has.”

Last week, Studio Wildcard announced plans to merge its free-to-play ARK spin-off, Survival of the Fittest back into ARK: Survival Evolved. You can read more about the developer’s reasons for this decision here.

So, let me get this straight, you guys have made, MINIMUM, 30 MILLION US DOLLARS, just from xbox one sales alone (not including Scorched Earth either), and you can't manage to release the halloween event at the same time as the PC? 

Well, here's an option, DON'T RELEASE THE PC VERSION OF THE HALLOWEEN EVENT UNTIL YOU RELEASE IT FOR XBOX! 

All these PC players on here talking down to the Console players, simply because they get what they are promised and we get screwed. Wildcard, you need to start treating all your customers equally, and not ignoring the problems your causing for your console customers.

i agree with this completely

I understand stuff happens and things sometimes can't get done, such is life. The only thing that really bothers me, and this is a reoccurring theme with the latest patches, is the lack of communication. A day before, the early morning of even is fine, but to be told in a post that comes out with the release that basically states 'sorry stuff happened', that's a little in poor taste for communication. I've enjoyed Ark and still do, but I have noticed that the communication part has started to crumble quite drastically. If the things that missed patch eventually get to come out (hopefully for both PC and Xbox parties) then great, I look forward to it. The only thing I hope for is a little more communication that we used to have between the community and the Devs.

1 minute ago, Voom65 said:

Dont forget, if you don't dish out an extra $20 for the Scorched map you too will not be able to enjoy the Halloween event on ark!

i think most of the event can be done on the main ark other than dodowyvern and skeletal wyverns/jerboas and stuff but other players who have them can transfer them to other arks and share them.

14 minutes ago, Paul080576 said:

I tamed a 150 gigantopethicus last Evolution Event.  Had her in a trap and mejo tamed for over 4 hours.  Brutal, but I finally got her. :)  I was looking forward to taming snakes also to build a snake farm.  I want to perfect tame a 150 bigfoot.  

It wasn't released for xb1 because the devs aka (Jesse)who were responsible for coding were having a jolly in China picking up a big new trophy......see 

Guess this took priority ?

I've been excited all week to try out the new vampire and werewolf stuff on my server, its has had me building in a cave for the first time, prepping for avoiding sunlight and what not. Have a few people on my server excited for an undead vs living war. Not this year I guess.. Saving it for another event. Thats raptored up and bull poop btw... to drag out that its going to be in the patch notes and not even update the notes to let people know your just full of poop and wanted to get a bunch of players hopes up.  This is finally giving me reason to shut down my server and move on to something else.. I feel like I've just wasted a week waiting for WC to change its dirty diaper. Let the mass of people know they aren't getting poop for Halloween... oh a destructive boss... woop te do, had that last year, oh skeleton skins... also last year, but there is new skins i guess... you have spent months prepping for a event thats freakishly short in comparison to how much you delayed it. And to top it off the very end of the month you start the event, I honestly thought that Fear Evolved was going to end up starting on the 31st with all the delays. If I would have known WC would have delayed the vampires and werewolfs for a full year I wouldn't have held on this long... We have a guy that can make a functioning magic mod with 6 different skill trees in less time then it took WC to prep for this event. Well end of rant, thank you WC for making this years event just about as poorly executed as last years, with just a dash more of disappointment. Can't wait to see the poop show at Christmas.

shit show.jpg

23 minutes ago, taytmw said:

https://www.change.org/p/studio-wildcard-release-the-fear-evolved-event-on-xbox?recruiter=619494026&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

check out my petition...idk if they read these forums so they know how mad us xbox players are. I'm gonna post this as much as i can and wherever i can to get support for it

Well i think it's about time they see how much this means to us xbox one players!

Wow, Jeremy Stiglets and his team are literally some of the worst game devs in the history of gaming, lol.... Promise an event all month long, then re-nege on those promises... ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT!! Lmao... People sticking up for this trainwreck of a studio need to sit down, because the thing is, most likely they knew this wouldn't be happening on xbox, they knew it wasn't done, and they knew with most certainty days ago when they submitted an update to Microsoft for approval that didn't have it. Yet they continued to string along and allow an xbox community to grind out and prepare for something they knew was not going to happen. 

People say they are doing inhuman things, like "keeping up this insane development schedule for more than 1½ years in a row soon. " No, it's called blowing your deadlines, not being able to solve the problems affecting your game, thusly pushing the game back repeatedly due to your failures." This insane development schedule is because they are bad, nothing more. 

Jeremy, Wildcard, whoever. You had a great idea, but lets face it, you are not capable of executing that idea properly. So, I beg of you, cash in, sell the franchise to someone who knows what they are doing and bow out, give this community the developer it deserves. 

Way to screw over your player base YET AGAIN, Wildcard. I can't believe people even bother playing this game anymore. Yeah wait til the day it's suppose to be released to tell everyone "oh hey you know how we got you so hyped for this Halloween event? Yeah actually you don't get it" Done defending a company that clearly has no idea what they're doing 

1 hour ago, MommyWins said:

Ark, I love you so much. I know many are upset but your loyal fans, the long time gamers who have seen these issues in many games, know real humans with feelings working hard are behind all this and things happen. Keep up the great work. Now to get on and hope my Tribe isn't wiped out this weekend. The fear is real! LOL 

No kidding.. I agree 100%... My fear is real also!  hehehe.. and so sorry for the XBOX players.. we play on XBOX and PC in our house... so.. we get the both of both worlds :-)

1 hour ago, ImChuckNorris2 said:

It'd be really easy for someone who actually gets the content they've been waiting for to say something like that. And if they can't handle this "insane" dev schedule, then maybe they should change the way they do things so they can actually follow through on their promises! Like how long ago was this game supposed to come out on PS4? 

Sony is the reason its not out on PS4

That was an impressive bait and switch! Well done! I don't think you'll keep your player base up on xbox with these kinds of shenanigans. I've been playing pretty much since release on xbox, it's always kind of felt like we got the short straw pretty consistently, but this is just insulting.

You guys hype this up all month long, keep pushing it back, then just drop it. If you guys can't support it, or it's too hard maybe you need more help. Im sure you guys didn't find out you wouldn't be delivering on your word just today. Some kind of heads up BEFORE the day it was scheduled would've been less of a slap in the face.I know most of the people on my server are livid and many may quit playing. 

I absolutely love this game and I have spent countless hours playing it, but this is completely absurd. This is beyond disappointing. I cannot believe that you would bring so much hype to this update and make all of these promises just to let the Xbox community know that it won't happen the day of release. This is extremely unprofessional and disheartening.

28 minutes ago, EvilLimey said:

It wasn't released for xb1 because the devs aka (Jesse)who were responsible for coding were having a jolly in China picking up a big new trophy......see 

Okay using the 'founders' card as an excuse is silly. If they're the founders it should be expected that they'll be travelling A LOT. Hire more 'core members needed for technical work'. 2 people being the core is too little, especially if they're the founders. If it isn't mysterious, then it's to be expected right? If they're your butter and bread of technical work, you need to hire more people.

1 minute ago, FaneBlackwing said:

Okay using the 'founders' card as an excuse is silly. If they're the founders it should be expected that they'll be travelling A LOT. Hire more 'core members needed for technical work'. 2 people being the core is too little, especially if they're the founders. If it isn't mysterious, then it's to be expected right? If they're your butter and bread of technical work, you need to hire more people.

I'm pretty sure a stupid trophy should NOT take priority over providing for the players