Procedural Generated AddNPCSpawnEntries

I was thinking, it's no coincidence that they added the ability to make it so that certain dinos could be configured to be spawned in areas they don't normally at the same time as procedural generation. Coupled with the fact that certain biomes are missing (icebergs and swamps) we're missing some key dinos. So I'm wondering if anyone out there has made an attempt at setting up in the configs a biome spawn configuration for all those which aren't currently spawning on procedural maps.

If you have, please share here, but below is my my stab at it. First let me link the Procedural How-To Guide and also a helpful link I use for getting NPC codes.

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Creature_IDs

Exactly how the EntryWeight and the MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow work are not clear. If anyone has better documentation on how these settings work, the entire community I'm sure would appreciate it. I have done a lot of testing so I think I'm at least in the ballpark of how it works. Feedback from others would be great. 
Entry weight - A range of 0 to 1000, which controls the chance at which this species will spawn vs other species in the biome
MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow - The maximum percent of that species allowed to spawn at any given time in that biome

Add these INI values, as many as you want, into your Game.ini's [/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode] section.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnowShoreline_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="KairukuSpawner",EntryWeight=200.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Kairuku_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Kairuku_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.50)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="BearSnowSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Direbear_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Direbear_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntries_InlandWater_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="ToadSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Toad_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="BeaverSpawner",EntryWeight=50.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Beaver_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="LeechSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Leech_Character_C")),(AnEntryName="LeechDiseaseSpawner",EntryWeight=25.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Leech_Character_Diseased_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Toad_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Beaver_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Leech_Character_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.20),(NPCClassString="Leech_Character_Diseased_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="DimetroSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dimetro_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="BearGrassSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Direbear_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="ParacerSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Paracer_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="DungBeetleSpawner",EntryWeight=50.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("DungBeetle_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Dimetro_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Direbear_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Paracer_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="DungBeetle_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesJungle_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="BatSpawner",EntryWeight=50.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Bat_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="BoaSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("BoaFrill_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="SpiderSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("SpiderS_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="ArthroSpawner",EntryWeight=10.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Arthro_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Bat_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="BoaFrill_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="SpiderS_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Arthro_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

It seems the AddNPCSpawn works with all dinos, except dimetrodons and cave critters excluding scorps.

I have tested Dimetro, Artho, Spider, Bat, and none of them spawn in any of the biomes naturally with these config options. I can force spawn them in, but the config for what ever reason won't do it.

Anyone have any luck with them?

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:33 AM, CyberVic said:

I was thinking, it's no coincidence that they added the ability to make it so that certain dinos could be configured to be spawned in areas they don't normally at the same time as procedural generation. Coupled with the fact that certain biomes are missing (icebergs and swamps) we're missing some key dinos. So I'm wondering if anyone out there has made an attempt at setting up in the configs a biome spawn configuration for all those which aren't currently spawning on procedural maps.

If you have, please share here, but below is my my stab at it. First let me link the Procedural How-To Guide and also a helpful link I use for getting NPC codes.

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Creature_IDs

Exactly how the EntryWeight and the MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow work are not clear. If anyone has better documentation on how these settings work, the entire community I'm sure would appreciate it. I have done a lot of testing so I think I'm at least in the ballpark of how it works. Feedback from others would be great. 
Entry weight - A range of 0 to 1000, which controls the chance at which this species will spawn vs other species in the biome
MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow - The maximum percent of that species allowed to spawn at any given time in that biome

Add these INI values, as many as you want, into your Game.ini's [/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode] section.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnowShoreline_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="KairukuSpawner",EntryWeight=200.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Kairuku_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Kairuku_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.50)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="BearSnowSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Direbear_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Direbear_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntries_InlandWater_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="ToadSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Toad_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="BeaverSpawner",EntryWeight=50.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Beaver_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="LeechSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Leech_Character_C")),(AnEntryName="LeechDiseaseSpawner",EntryWeight=25.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Leech_Character_Diseased_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Toad_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Beaver_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Leech_Character_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.20),(NPCClassString="Leech_Character_Diseased_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="DimetroSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dimetro_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="BearGrassSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Direbear_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="ParacerSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Paracer_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="DungBeetleSpawner",EntryWeight=50.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("DungBeetle_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Dimetro_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Direbear_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Paracer_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="DungBeetle_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesJungle_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="BatSpawner",EntryWeight=50.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Bat_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="BoaSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("BoaFrill_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="SpiderSpawner",EntryWeight=100.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("SpiderS_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="ArthroSpawner",EntryWeight=10.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Arthro_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Bat_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="BoaFrill_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="SpiderS_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Arthro_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

gigant is not working with spawner. do you know how to make it work?

• 1 month later...

Archived