Raising Wyverns on the Island/Center

madfretter

I'm currently prepping to do this  on my Island server and have some info, just wanted to share and get more info.

Things I know:

- milk can be uploaded into the obliske and the timer  pauses until it is  removed. This means milk is now good for 24 hours and then whatever is left on the timer.

- milks timer on the island in a dino/bin with salts  is 5 hours. so that means milk can be good for 29 hours.

-wyvern eggs will incubate with 13 ac units (same setup I used for gigas)

- since the level increase wyverns DO retain their level and stats when born on a different map (this goes for all dinos)

- the equation to figure out time until food runs out is current food / 60/ 6 ... So if I had a wyvern with 2000 max food and 1500 food left  I would use 1500/60/6 and I would know that I have 4.16 hours remaining until it was out of food.

Things I want to know:

- has anyone figured out what the equation for remaining health is? Bascially I want to use my above equation combined with the health equation to see how long I could go in between feedings without the animal dying.

- Has anyone sucessfully raised a wyvern on a different map? If so, let us know what you did..

- What are the food levels at birth  you are getting from the high level eggs?  What is the max food level also?(160 and up)

I plan on hatching before my 2 days off, so I will be home for the hardest time, I am not stressing about the imprinting and honestly  my 100% imprinted ones are way too fast and hard to control. I figure with a nice high level egg it'll be born with high food and health so I should be able to be away from it for a long time even at the start...  my 136 was born with 1484 food and 1664 health..... I'm hoping the health drain is at least half as long as the food is. That way at birth I could safely be away from an animal with like stats for 6 hours.  My friends 175 was born with 2100 food and 2329 health... So, using some math and some guess work I should be able to leave that animal for 8.7 hours. I do have another person to feed them, so time wont be an issue. My plan is to log on, trap and kill 1 wyvern per each I am raising or an alpha if I can find one each night, then upload. I'm figuring 5 feedings the first day, 4 the second, 3 the 3rd and 2 on the 4th. I'm only going to be raising a few at a time, so I will have plenty of milk  to refill the health and the food. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

So I have raised a wyvern on The Center.

You will have to be there at the very first so you can claim it.  Otherwise it will wander around and might get lost/killed who knows. 

Here are my birth stats (poison 165)

current/max

Health 1723.6/6885.0

Stamina 1360/1360

Oxygen 585.0/585.0

Food: 1347.4/5400.0

Weight 0.5/455.0

Melee 247%

Movement speed 100%

You will not have to feed your wyvern until the first imprint.  It may ask for milk so if it does then it will feed it at the same time.  I waited for my first imprint to feed. Also, when you pull milk for the ark it resets the milk spoil time.  You will now have 30 min spoil time on you milk without putting it in a preserving bin.  You can put it on your dragon and the spoil time will go up to 1.5 hours.  Your dragon will not drink the milk if it is not hungry (unless you force feed it.)  The only time you really need to be active around for at least 6 hours is at the first.  By the last day I think I could have gone 12-15 hours of not feeding it and it would have been just fine.  I wanted to 100% imprint mine so I was around every 3-4 hours.   

1 hour ago, DirtyMactruck said:

So I have raised a wyvern on The Center.

You will have to be there at the very first so you can claim it.  Otherwise it will wander around and might get lost/killed who knows. 

Here are my birth stats (poison 165)

current/max

Health 1723.6/6885.0

Stamina 1360/1360

Oxygen 585.0/585.0

Weight 0.5/455.0

Melee 247%

Movement speed 100%

You will not have to feed your wyvern until the first imprint.  It may ask for milk so if it does then it will feed it at the same time.  I waited for my first imprint to feed. Also, when you pull milk for the ark it resets the milk spoil time.  You will now have 30 min spoil time on you milk without putting it in a preserving bin.  You can put it on your dragon and the spoil time will go up to 1.5 hours.  Your dragon will not drink the milk if it is not hungry (unless you force feed it.)  The only time you really need to be active around for at least 6 hours is at the first.  By the last day I think I could have gone 12-15 hours of not feeding it and it would have been just fine.  I wanted to 100% imprint mine so I was around every 3-4 hours.   

Thanks for the info.... Dragon stats are really erratic, your 165's stats are pretty much the same as my 136's. We saw the same when we raised ours. One of our tribe was dead set on having the highest level fire we had which at the time was a 148. When we hatched that thing it's stats were so bad we considered killing it. it's health was 4690 and melee was 170%. He had to use almost all his levels just to get it's health to a safe level. 

I'm going to go light on the imprinting on this one, I don't like the speed getting so high. I have about 10 eggs that I'm going to hatch and keep the best.

Didn't know the spoil timer resets, that's awesome. Thanks again for the info.

Health 1723.6/6885.0

Stamina 1360/1360

Oxygen 585.0/585.0

Using these stats, it would run out of food in 3.7 hours. What I need to know now is how long that health will last without food. If someone is raising a dragon currenty, all I really need to know is how many seconds it takes for one complete health point (not the . tenth)  to drop. I can figure out the rest from that and share the equation here.

No experience on any map but SE, but I can answer some of your math questions, as I had exactly the same questions before raising mine.

- The food/60/6 equation is pretty accurate, although I'd say it’s probably even more conservative than needed. There are a few times when I had a lot more food left than I should have, but it didn't happen every time. Stasis must affect the wyvern babies in some way is my guess. 

- 13 ACs is definitely enough, although depending on how many eggs you hatch and your layout, you may have issues getting them all to incubate at once. I solved this by adding standing torches with angler gel (which lasts forever). Also if the power goes off, don't worry a whole lot, as the egg health on wyvern eggs drains much slower than on other dinos.

- If you can get through even the first day, it's a breeze. I will slightly disagree with you on the imprinting though, I think it’s invaluable. I have a lightning wyvern with almost 600% melee, and it’s because I went for the max imprint. Wyverns are fast and hard to control no matter what you do if you’re sprinting, but manageable if you don’t. The extra speed helps with outrunning alphas, auto-turrets, etc. Granted, the 120% base speed with 100% imprint is about as much as you’d possibly need.

- I hatched three eggs, 100, 170, and 185. The food varied a lot. The 100 started with 1000 food, the 170 with almost 1800, the 185 with 1600. I noticed that every 4 hours that max food went up by about 200. So after one day, I had over 2000 food on the level 100 wyvern. 3 wyverns is the magic number, because 5 milks/cycle is enough to feed each wyvern 3 times per 2 imprint cycles. My wyverns were always so full that I think by day 4 I could have gone final 24 hours without feeding them and been fine.

13 hours ago, TheKringle said:

No experience on any map but SE, but I can answer some of your math questions, as I had exactly the same questions before raising mine.

- The food/60/6 equation is pretty accurate, although I'd say it’s probably even more conservative than needed. There are a few times when I had a lot more food left than I should have, but it didn't happen every time. Stasis must affect the wyvern babies in some way is my guess. 

- 13 ACs is definitely enough, although depending on how many eggs you hatch and your layout, you may have issues getting them all to incubate at once. I solved this by adding standing torches with angler gel (which lasts forever). Also if the power goes off, don't worry a whole lot, as the egg health on wyvern eggs drains much slower than on other dinos.

- If you can get through even the first day, it's a breeze. I will slightly disagree with you on the imprinting though, I think it’s invaluable. I have a lightning wyvern with almost 600% melee, and it’s because I went for the max imprint. Wyverns are fast and hard to control no matter what you do if you’re sprinting, but manageable if you don’t. The extra speed helps with outrunning alphas, auto-turrets, etc. Granted, the 120% base speed with 100% imprint is about as much as you’d possibly need.

- I hatched three eggs, 100, 170, and 185. The food varied a lot. The 100 started with 1000 food, the 170 with almost 1800, the 185 with 1600. I noticed that every 4 hours that max food went up by about 200. So after one day, I had over 2000 food on the level 100 wyvern. 3 wyverns is the magic number, because 5 milks/cycle is enough to feed each wyvern 3 times per 2 imprint cycles. My wyverns were always so full that I think by day 4 I could have gone final 24 hours without feeding them and been fine.

I've been wondering if stasis affects them, but my base on SE is always occupied, so I could never tell.

My a/c units are under the floor, so i just lay the eggs on top. On SE I did the same thing with torches, just laid them and put a ceiling tile over them. 

The imprinting was huge for me as well, really helped with the melee and health, just not a fan of the speed. I'm going to imprint some, I'm just not going to stress for the 100%... I'll probably wind up with 50%, which works for me...

The first 2 days I will be off, after that it should be cake...  I've raised wyverns a bunch of times, just not mostly solo..

I didn't know the amount the food went up each cycle, so thats helpful... Thankful

18 hours ago, xxmaoulxx said:

Sorry but i don't understand why do wyverns are allowed on official server... I just got my entire base destroyed by wyverns.. i could'nt even do a thing against something like that.. Dev should fix this soon or a lot of people will have same problems as i do 

Because Scorched Earth is an official map. They same people that attacked you with a Wyvern could of got a platform saddle Quetz from the Island/Center and shot your base from the air just the same. Sounds like you need more Metal and Turrets, PvP servers are rough like that. 

Giga's for fighting Elementals and Turrets for Wyverns since they dont have saddles they take more damage. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2016 at 10:40 AM, madfretter said:

I'm currently prepping to do this  on my Island server and have some info, just wanted to share and get more info.

Things I know:

- milk can be uploaded into the obliske and the timer  pauses until it is  removed. This means milk is now good for 24 hours and then whatever is left on the timer.

- milks timer on the island in a dino/bin with salts  is 5 hours. so that means milk can be good for 29 hours.

-wyvern eggs will incubate with 13 ac units (same setup I used for gigas)

- since the level increase wyverns DO retain their level and stats when born on a different map (this goes for all dinos)

- the equation to figure out time until food runs out is current food / 60/ 6 ... So if I had a wyvern with 2000 max food and 1500 food left  I would use 1500/60/6 and I would know that I have 4.16 hours remaining until it was out of food.

Things I want to know:

- has anyone figured out what the equation for remaining health is? Bascially I want to use my above equation combined with the health equation to see how long I could go in between feedings without the animal dying.

- Has anyone sucessfully raised a wyvern on a different map? If so, let us know what you did..

- What are the food levels at birth  you are getting from the high level eggs?  What is the max food level also?(160 and up)

I plan on hatching before my 2 days off, so I will be home for the hardest time, I am not stressing about the imprinting and honestly  my 100% imprinted ones are way too fast and hard to control. I figure with a nice high level egg it'll be born with high food and health so I should be able to be away from it for a long time even at the start...  my 136 was born with 1484 food and 1664 health..... I'm hoping the health drain is at least half as long as the food is. That way at birth I could safely be away from an animal with like stats for 6 hours.  My friends 175 was born with 2100 food and 2329 health... So, using some math and some guess work I should be able to leave that animal for 8.7 hours. I do have another person to feed them, so time wont be an issue. My plan is to log on, trap and kill 1 wyvern per each I am raising or an alpha if I can find one each night, then upload. I'm figuring 5 feedings the first day, 4 the second, 3 the 3rd and 2 on the 4th. I'm only going to be raising a few at a time, so I will have plenty of milk  to refill the health and the food. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Is this still current info? the uploading milk and spoil timers etc? 

On 18/01/2017 at 11:02 AM, madfretter said:

The uploading is no more.... I've been told that milk can be transferred while in your characters inventory and will last nine hours in a preserving bin. I have not checked this for myself as of yet.

What?  we cant upload the milk no more? or the milk still spoils in the cloud?

i have separate characters for each server so this transferring with it in inventory is not so good news to me

On 1/18/2017 at 11:02 AM, madfretter said:

The uploading is no more.... I've been told that milk can be transferred while in your characters inventory and will last nine hours in a preserving bin. I have not checked this for myself as of yet.

Can confirm, have raised many wyverns. You said you have a 100% imprinted wyvern already but I'll still go in depth to help players new at raising wyverns that may read this post. You CAN transfer milk through obelisks, but during it's time in the obelisk it will spoil as if in a player inventory. That means in just minutes it will be gone unless you transfer it. Milk still will last just under 10 hours on The Island/Center. Make sure you have a lot of preserving salt ready along with sparkpowder for the preserving bins. You can't put milk in fridges anymore, sadly. 

A few general tips for wyvern raising

-Practice trapping wild wyverns before hand!

-Always have at least 1 milk ready per wyvern a few minutes prior to each imprint! If the imprint asks for Wyvern Milk, it will feed it the milk which counts towards food, making it a 2 in 1 imprint.

-Try not to render your wyvern. Stay logged off as much as possible.. it's good to monitor your wyvern's food and growth but know the more you are there the hungrier it gets. Stay logged off when it's food is okay until the next imprint to keep it in stasis. 

-High level Wyverns are EASIER than low ones! Generally most people go for 160/165+ and some even higher. You have a lot more room for feeding and will end up having to get milk only for imprint for the most part. If you hatch a 160+ egg, you won't have to feed it until it's first imprint. I'm not sure if you could leave a Wyvern for 8 hours, even using the stasis trick. That you would have to test on your own, as we 100% imprint all of our wyverns, ensuring they stay fed. 

Another thing to note is if your wyvern has no room to grow during it's raise, let's stay you have it sandwiched between a wall and another dino, it has a chance of disappearing when growing. This happens once and a while to people and they don't know the cause, most people think their baby fell through the floor but more often than not it's actually that it had no room to grow. When your wyvern baby hatches, just like the other guy said claim it and turn off wandering, also set it's follow distance to Low/Lowest to make walking and moving it a lot easier. I hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions!

Sorry if this is a dead topic but I do have questions:

The first being, what would the food stat on a very low level wyvern look like? I have two low level eggs but with fantastic colors from their wild parents.  I know people generally don't even bother with them but I'd hate to see them go to waste. 

The second question I have, is the obelisk milk trick still working? I think that was removed/fixed sometime ago. It'd be nice to be able to leave the milk for at least 24 hours to not have to log on to do milk runs so often. 

The third and final question I have: feedings have to take place at least every 3-4 hours but what about imprints? I've heard of people having 5 hour imprint timers instead of 3 hour. Does this vary with level? Is this even possible? 

Thank you for the replies. Figured I wouldn't clutter up the forum with a repetitive post. 

1 hour ago, Sideswipe said:

Sorry if this is a dead topic but I do have questions:

The first being, what would the food stat on a very low level wyvern look like? I have two low level eggs but with fantastic colors from their wild parents.  I know people generally don't even bother with them but I'd hate to see them go to waste. 

The second question I have, is the obelisk milk trick still working? I think that was removed/fixed sometime ago. It'd be nice to be able to leave the milk for at least 24 hours to not have to log on to do milk runs so often. 

The third and final question I have: feedings have to take place at least every 3-4 hours but what about imprints? I've heard of people having 5 hour imprint timers instead of 3 hour. Does this vary with level? Is this even possible? 

Thank you for the replies. Figured I wouldn't clutter up the forum with a repetitive post. 

The food stat for a low level wyvern is below 1200 initially (it slowly goes up). A level 115 (the minimum most people would raise) is around 1200 on average, which is the food value of one milk. So if you have a really low one, you may have like 600, which means it will only use 1/2 the food from the milk, so you will need to feed it twice as much milk as a high level wyvern. Also to get it to eat the milk, you have to force it, since it will only eat if it has room for the whole milk. People don't bother with low levels because they are more work and the wyvern is not as good. I personally don't bother with any egg less than 175.

BTW, I don't think a wyvern has "parents", they have a parent. These are not breed-able.

I've heard the obelisk trick isn't working. This was fixed.

You kind of have the feeding and imprints mixed up. Imprints are every 3 - 4 hours if you want a 100% imprint (best I've gotten is 99%). Feeding is whenever it is hungry. The wyvern uses 360 food an hour, so a low level might need to be feed every 1 - 2 hours, a high level doesn't need to be feed after hatching for 5, maybe even 8 hours. Had one that I was going to let die, but when it was still alive 10 hours later with no food, decided it wouldn't be that hard to raise after all. The imprint time is completely random. Also the type of imprint is random. I don't think the imprint time has anything to do with the level, but I've only raised wyverns above level 130.

I've heard from a friend that there is a video that implies you can tell the coloring an egg will have from the parent. I kind of doubt this is reliable. You could hatch a bunch and look at the coloring, feed the ones you don't like to a Troodon to tame it. That would probably be the best way to get a good colored one, although they don't always look the same as a baby as they do as an adult.

19 hours ago, Leonard said:

Can confirm, have raised many wyverns. You said you have a 100% imprinted wyvern already but I'll still go in depth to help players new at raising wyverns that may read this post. You CAN transfer milk through obelisks, but during it's time in the obelisk it will spoil as if in a player inventory. That means in just minutes it will be gone unless you transfer it. Milk still will last just under 10 hours on The Island/Center. Make sure you have a lot of preserving salt ready along with sparkpowder for the preserving bins. You can't put milk in fridges anymore, sadly. 

A few general tips for wyvern raising

-Practice trapping wild wyverns before hand!

-Always have at least 1 milk ready per wyvern a few minutes prior to each imprint! If the imprint asks for Wyvern Milk, it will feed it the milk which counts towards food, making it a 2 in 1 imprint.

-Try not to render your wyvern. Stay logged off as much as possible.. it's good to monitor your wyvern's food and growth but know the more you are there the hungrier it gets. Stay logged off when it's food is okay until the next imprint to keep it in stasis. 

-High level Wyverns are EASIER than low ones! Generally most people go for 160/165+ and some even higher. You have a lot more room for feeding and will end up having to get milk only for imprint for the most part. If you hatch a 160+ egg, you won't have to feed it until it's first imprint. I'm not sure if you could leave a Wyvern for 8 hours, even using the stasis trick. That you would have to test on your own, as we 100% imprint all of our wyverns, ensuring they stay fed. 

Another thing to note is if your wyvern has no room to grow during it's raise, let's stay you have it sandwiched between a wall and another dino, it has a chance of disappearing when growing. This happens once and a while to people and they don't know the cause, most people think their baby fell through the floor but more often than not it's actually that it had no room to grow. When your wyvern baby hatches, just like the other guy said claim it and turn off wandering, also set it's follow distance to Low/Lowest to make walking and moving it a lot easier. I hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions!

From what I remember It lasted like 5 minutes in my inventory with salts on SE.... Once it goes into the obliske, how long does it last? If it lasts 10 hours on the Island as opposed to the 2.5 on SE I'm guessing its a 4x multiplier.. SO it lasts for 20 minutes in the Ob? Let me know if you can... Thanks again.

On 1/24/2017 at 8:25 AM, madfretter said:

From what I remember It lasted like 5 minutes in my inventory with salts on SE.... Once it goes into the obliske, how long does it last? If it lasts 10 hours on the Island as opposed to the 2.5 on SE I'm guessing its a 4x multiplier.. SO it lasts for 20 minutes in the Ob? Let me know if you can... Thanks again.

The ten hour timer is in a bin with salt. Like a 20min timer in inventory on island. 

Here is a bit a trivia:

• You occasionally will get 3 identical wyverns from one egg (triplets). I've actually seen this twice now.
  • The whole disappearing tame bug can strike your baby wyverns too. 1 of 10 I was raising died for an unknown reason. I think it glitched through the ceiling it was on and was eaten by a Carno, I'm not sure what happened, but it died and not from starvation when in a building.
  • I had one level 190 hatch and go 10 hours with no food (had like 500 health left at that point when I finally fed it)

Just finished raising 9 that became adults last Monday. I'm still sleep deprived. Got 95% to 99% imprint on all of them. Could have gotten about 60% - 70% without losing any sleep. All up to you how important the imprint is versus your ability to power nap and be rested (mine is not so good).

something else to consider, is that although they hatch and are very small, they do grow fast and you definitely need to make sure you can accommodate them. I had to build my base up and out as they grew, was more pressure on getting that done than the actual feeding and imprinting of the wyverns.

infact a small base will make the imprinting more difficult when they wanna walk - sometimes just whistling will get the imprint, other times you have to take them on a 2mile hike!

15 hours ago, RetPetty said:

also, just incase you are tight on food, you can use the hp for an additional delay.

2000hp lasts around 1hour 20mins.

Just so peeps don't freak if they ever running the wyvern low on food ;)

Exactly.... Especially since the milke gives 1200 food, so if you had to starve  one a bit , 2 milks will sort it out.

I play on Official Servers.  On the Island Milk timer still spoils in the Ob as if in player inventory.  Salt does not work on the Island.  I am able to tranq a Wyvern, upload Milk to the Red Ob, Get on my Island account, retrieve milk (log out at Ob on Island) and get it back to my Wyverns with about 2min to spare. Putting in preserving Bin only increased its time to 5min.

I suggest placing a bin with salts and powder at the Red Ob to store your milk, odds are though once you take it out in 2 hours to transfer it will spoil immediately upon pulling it from the Island Ob.  I am going to try to upload the Wyvern to SE when feeding time then back to Island when done.  I have not verified if it gets 4X better spoil rate on Center Official servers. I will probably try this tonight, if it works I will be building a baby base on Center.

• 4 months later...
On 2017-01-26 at 6:14 AM, madfretter said:

Yes, that I get.... What I'm wondering is since the milk starts in the ob on SE, does it get the 5 min SE timer or the 20 minute Island timer?

Did you ever figure this out? I'm considering raising Wyverns for the first time soon and it seems like the spoil times on the island are way more manageable if you could get it there fast enough.

Archived