1. Background Story
Caballus - The equestrian adventure
Caballus is a world born out of the heat.
Grown from lava, cooled and hardened in the wild sea. The largest of the Caballic islands. The still intact vulcano formed a multi-faceted world with a variety of biomes, recourses and live over millennia. Not long did this piece of earth be left uninhabited. Ancient nomads first reached the coast of neighbouring islands, until they discovered the richness of resources of Caballus. The different nations were all equestrian folks: numerous, with strength and war experience; always with the goals reaching wealth and making progress. They changed Caballus a lot, but as a completely new world Caballus turned everything upside down. New creatures were fought, nations continued their education, domestication started, new battles had to be beaten and leaders were overthrown. But who has remained?
Greed is a sin: Caballus stayed with the wild creatures, remaining horses, ruines and hidden treasures. Did they were the first? Even this civilization did not discover all the secrets of this graceful lovely world.
What´s your decision?
Cohension or war?
Which of the equestrian folks fits to your temperament?
Three nations fought for Caballus:
The Blue Scythians, who populated the areas of Griffin Mountain, Redwood and the area covered with snow.
The Green Huns, which conquered the grassland, the swamp and the jungle.
Last the Red Csíkos who managed the impetuous and threatening vulcano area with the Black Widen and the Steppe.
Caballus is a new custom map AND my first big project in modding Ark Survival Evolved.
Caballus is a map modeled after my ideas of a unique fabulos world. Since I started playing Ark (Beginning of EA phase) it has been my wish to create a map myself. Caballus is the result! I just want to create a real and beautiful world for all the ARK lovers.
Especially for Equus (Horse) lovers, because Caballus means Horse in Latin.
Keep in mind, that the Map is still WIP! Creating a map is hard work and I try to develop it every day be kind
Feel free and take a first impression of CABALLUS!
What makes Caballus special?
- A well thought out concept
- A background story that you always have in mind
- A large cave below the White Birch Mountain, based on aberration, with the
background that there are hidden the big secrets of ARK (Alien)
- A unique biome: The black wideness (obsidian stone)
- Loot from treasures, left behind by the equestrian folks
- Ruins of the equestrian folks with a variety of beautiful statues
3. Current Content
Caballus has the following content at the moment:
- exciting background story
- seven biomes (general)
+ Griffin Mountain (medium)
+ White Birch Mountain (medium)
+ Jungle (medium)
+ Swamp (medium)
+ Beach (easy)
+ Steppe (easy)
+ a little part of the redwood and snow biome
--> this biomes have subbiomes
60% of surface is finished and playable ( But I will add more details!)
- a created terrain with world creator --> Mountains look like mountains in the distance
- new textures --> the result are unique biomes
- all The Island dino spawns
- bigger than The Island - Caballus has an ocean
- a lot of little caves you can build in
- air drops
- most of the important resources
- beautiful statues of Ark dinos
- ruins of the equestrian nation
- monuments at the ARK Towers
- Loot out of treasures
4. Future Content
My plan for Caballus and future content:
- add the biomes Snow, Redwood, Black Widen and Vulcano with wyvern trench
+ Black Wideness will be the unique biome of Caballus
- add the ocean world
- add big caves with treasures and artifacts
- add bosses
- add a bigger Aberration themed cave under the White Birch Mountain --> will have a own spawnpoint. It is only
possible to come out with a hook or a rock drake
- add more details to every biome (more ruins, etc.)
- add explorer notes
- balance the dino spawns
- add a lot of the resources, additionally resources from the DLCs
- add a lot of the DLC dinos
- create my own unique biomes
- stable and good performance
- try to implement a brand new creature
My first trailer for the map:
My last comment: always have fun while plaing ARK Survival Evolved!