• AB_Banner.png
  • translate-banner.png
  • Jat

    Community Crunch 97 & ARK Steam Summer Sale!

    Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

    The Community Crunch is where we share important things going on with ARK, as well as host contests and showcase creations made by the community! Let's get started with some news.

    Pre-Orders and Limited Collector’s Edition!

    large.593ee604ad622_LimitedCollectorsEdi

    In case you missed our E3 news, ARK has it's official release date, August 8, 2017! Along with our official release comes the opportunity to pre-order and get yourself a limited collector's edition of ARK, which comes with a whole bunch of goodies shown in the picture above.

    Read more at the link below:

    ARK: Evolution Event Weekend!

    large.EvoEvent.png

    It's party time! Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special extended Evolution Event! It's already live now and will remain active until Monday the 26th at 12PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

    2x Harvesting Rate
    2x Taming Rate
    2x EXP Rate
    2x Baby Mature Speed
    2x Egg Hatching & Gestation Speed
    2x Mating Interval (LESS!)

    Steam Summer Sale!

    large.594ef5061bbaf_SteamSale(1).jpg

    As part of the Steam Summer Sale, ARK is 51% off and Scorched Earth is 51% off! After this sale, ARK will be receiving a price change so that we have parity with our retail release. If you or your friends haven't picked up a copy yet and want to get it before the retail price applies, now is definitely the time to do so!

    Community Contests!

    Player Procedurally Generated Maps!

    large.PGM_1_1080p.png

    The Procedurally Generated Map system allows players to make their own ARK maps by determining a myriad of landscape options from the heights of mountains, depths of valleys, and the number of lakes, rivers or oceans, to the kinds of each biome they want, and more! Let's check out the entries for this weeks contest! This week's contest winner is... Wolf Angelus!

    Settings:
    PGTerrainPropertiesString=MapSeed=13;LandscapeRadius=1.0;Water Frequency=3.15;Mountains Frequency=12;Mountains Slope=1.95;MountainsHeight=.8;Turbulence Power=0.0125;Shore Slope=1.4;WaterLevel=-0.72;GrassDensity=1.0;JungleGrassDensity=0.05;ErosionSteps=10;TreesGroundSlopeAccuracy=0.5;DepositionStrength=0.05;ErosionStrength=0.15;OceanFloorLevel=-1.0;SnowBiomeSize=0.14;RWBiomeSize=0.09;MountainBiomeStart=-0.49;MountainsTreeDensity=0.06;JungleBiomeStart=-0.59;IslandBorderCurveExp=4.0;MaxSawnPointHeight=0.2;SnowGrassDensity=0.25;MountainGrassDensity=0.007;SnowMountainGrassDensity=0.15;UnderwaterObjectsDensity=0.5;SnowMountainsTreeDensity=0.03;TreeDensity=0.005;JungleTreeDensity=0.50;RedWoodTreeDensity=0.010;SnowTreeDensity=1.2;RedwoodGrassDensity=0.07;ShoreTreeDensity=0.32;SnowShoreTreeDensity=0.04;DeepWaterBiomesDepth=-0.24;InlandWaterObjectsDensity=0.5;ShorelineStartOffset=0.023;ShorelineThickness=0.035;MountainGeneralTreesPercent=0.15;TerrainScaleMultiplier=(X=1.0f,Y=1.0f,Z=1.0f);SnowBiomeLocation=(X=0.6f,Y=0.6f);RWForestBiomeLocation=(X=0.35f,Y=0.35f);NorthRegion1Start=(X=0.25f,Y=0.0f);NorthRegion1End=(X=0.416f,Y=0.5f);NorthRegion2Start=(X=0.416f,Y=0.0f);NorthRegion2End=(X=0.582f,Y=0.5f);NorthRegion3Start=(X=0.582f,Y=0.0f);NorthRegion3End=(X=0.75f,Y=0.0f);SouthRegion1Start=(X=0.25f,Y=0.5f);SouthRegion1End=(X=0.416f,Y=1.0f);SouthRegion2Start=(X=0.416f,Y=0.5f);SouthRegion2End=(X=0.582f,Y=1.0f);SouthRegion3Start=(X=0.582f,Y=0.5f);SouthRegion3End=(X=0.75f,Y=1.0f);EastRegion1Start=(X=0.75f,Y=0.0f);EastRegion1End=(X=1.0f,Y=0.333f);EastRegion2Start=(X=0.75f,Y=0.333f);EastRegion2End=(X=1.0f,Y=0.666f);EastRegion3Start=(X=0.75f,Y=0.666f);EastRegion3End=(X=1.0f,Y=1.0f);WestRegion1Start=(X=0.0f,Y=0.0f);WestRegion1End=(X=0.25f,Y=0.333f);WestRegion2Start=(X=0.0f,Y=0.333f);WestRegion2End=(X=0.25f,Y=0.666f);WestRegion3Start=(X=0.0f,Y=0.666f);WestRegion3End=(X=0.25f,Y=1.0f)

    If you'd like to learn more about PGMs, please check out our quick start guide:

    NVidia Ansel Photography Contest

    large.Ansel.jpg.683f020687f3fe873c17912d

    Super Resolution Version: http://images.nvidia.com/ansel/SuperResolution/ARK-SuperResolution1/ARK__Survival_Evolved_HighRes_2016_09_01_-_14_38_36_55.html

    ARK: Survival Evolved and the Scorched Earth Expansion Pack now include support for NVIDIA Ansel -- a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots.  Compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share the screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset. 

    Learn more about these features from the NVIDIA blog.

    Now let’s get to the contest!

    There were 3 potential categories for survivors to enter their shots into and they were the following:

    Three Categories

    Super Resolution: These should be taken at 8x Super Resolution. Players can optionally use Depth of Field effects accessible in Spectator mode by pressing the [Delete] key.

    Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D: These should be taken at 4x Super Resolution,  in 360 Stereoscopic 3D mode. We will crop them to 2D for web display, while also providing the 3D version for viewing within VR display.

    Freeform: Any settings, whacky and creative use of Ansel filters are encouraged. Adding humorous titles/captions in Photoshop is also acceptable for this category!

    And now without further ado, here are your entries!

    You’ll want to click on the image title to be able to download the maximum size image, we’ve resized them for display purposes 

    Super Resolution!

    Winners!

    F1r3fly - Migrating to Ragnarok

    large.594ef828430a1_F1r3fly-MigratingtoRagnarok-SuperResolution.jpg

    StateofMynd42 - The Most Metal Album Cover Ever

    large.594ef88bb8a30_StateofMynd42-TheMostMetalAlbumCoverEver.jpg

    Runners Up!

    StateofMynd42 - Everything the Light Touches

    large.594ef88785df4_StateofMynd42-EverythingtheLightTouches.jpg

    Pollti - The Four Elements

    large.594ef8816b7ce_Pollti-TheFourElements.jpg

    Honourable Mentions!

    Christopher Warburton - Ahhhh!

    large.594ef81e42121_ChristopherWarburton-Ahhhh!.jpg

    Christopher Warburton - Enter the arena

    large.594ef81fcf0a1_ChristopherWarburton-Enterthearena.jpg

    Christopher Warburton - Manticore Arena

    large.594ef81fce85e_ChristopherWarburton-ManticoreArena.jpg

    Christopher Warburton - Traversing the desert in style

    large.594ef8219d35b_ChristopherWarburton-Traversingthedesertinstyle.jpg

    Domino - The Shadow Road

    large.594ef82523d26_Domino-TheShadowRoad.jpg

    Ego - This is a beautiful fantasy world

    large.594ef82602ff5_Ego-Thisisabeautifulfantasyworld-SuperResolution.jpg

    FataL1ty - Fishing

    large.594ef82e2c753_FataL1ty-Fishing-8x.jpg

    FataL1ty - Leap

    large.594ef83ed051a_FataL1ty-Leap-8x.jpg

    FataL1ty - Munch!

    large.594ef8356d1cc_FataL1ty-Munch!-8x.jpg

    FataL1ty - Scenic Stroll 2

    large.594ef84521fc3_FataL1ty-ScenicStroll2-8x.jpg

    FataL1ty - Shadow Bronto

    large.594ef83b99c3a_FataL1ty-ShadowBronto-8x.jpg

    Jamie Weaver - View from above

    large.594ef84ba5e7c_JamieWeaver-Viewfromabove.jpg

    Joe Lally - Natural Habitat

    large.594ef84327764_JoeLally-NaturalHabitat.jpg

    Natsu - Feel the Beat

    large.594ef852c0c08_Natsu-FeeltheBeat-SuperResolution.jpg

    Norlinri - Is it a gorilla

    large.594ef85d30028_Norlinri-Isitagorilla-SuperResolution.jpg

    Norlinri - TEK cave

    large.594ef86862e21_Norlinri-TEKcave-SuperResolution.jpg

    Norlinri - The Cunning

    large.594ef86d3053b_Norlinri-TheCunning-SuperResolution.jpg

    Norlinri - Uh oh

    large.594ef87001f58_Norlinri-Uhoh-SuperResolution.jpg

    Pollti - Tek Tapejaras

    large.594ef871cb8c6_Pollti-TekTapejaras.jpg

    roguewolf91 - Combing the Beach

    large.594ef8784ed32_roguewolf91-CombingtheBeach-SuperResolution.jpg

    roguewolf91 - Mountain Majesty

    large.594ef87b05d68_roguewolf91-MountainMajesty-SuperResolution.jpg

    roguwolf91 - Artemis Smiles Upon It

    large.594ef87cc83dc_roguwolf91-ArtemisSmilesUponIt-SuperResolution.jpg

    Starwolf23 - TheEntrepreneur

    large.594ef884a265d_Starwolf23-TheEntrepreneur.jpg

    StateofMynd42 - Portrait of a Hyaenodon

    large.594ef8893ccd0_StateofMynd42-PortraitofaHyaenodon.jpg

    Stevie - Battle Of The Elements

    large.594ef88dbed14_Stevie-BattleOfTheElements-SuperResolution.jpg

    Wolf Angelus - Dino Hotsprings

    large.594ef891f0a88_WolfAngelus-DinoHotsprings-8x.jpg

    Wolf Angelus - Embrace Tranquility

    large.594ef8957bcfd_WolfAngelus-EmbraceTranquility-8x.jpg

    Wolf Angelus - Morning Pounce [Version 2]

    large.594ef89921bb2_WolfAngelus-MorningPounceVersion2-8x.jpg

    Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D!

    Winner!

    FataL1ty - Starry Night

    large.594ef7fb4f529_FataL1ty-StarryNight-360.jpg

    Honourable Mentions!

    FataL1ty - Canyon

    large.594ef7e6f3c91_FataL1ty-Canyon-360.jpg

    FataL1ty - Lookout Dawn

    large.594ef7e9bdae9_FataL1ty-LookoutDawn-360.jpg

    FataL1ty - Lookout Day

    large.594ef7e99c536_FataL1ty-LookoutDay-360.jpg

    FataL1ty - Lookout Dusk

    large.594ef7f8404cb_FataL1ty-LookoutDusk-360.jpg

    FataL1ty - Piggy-back

    large.594ef7ec914ca_FataL1ty-Piggy-back-360.jpg

    FataL1ty - Tower View

    large.594ef7efb367f_FataL1ty-TowerView-360.jpg

    Kovko - Guardian

    large.594ef7fe56e6b_Kovko-Guardian-360Stereo.jpg

    Kovko - On Fire

    large.594ef7f2c1d07_Kovko-OnFire-360Stereo.jpg

    roguewolf91 - The Forgemaster's Domain, Hephaestus

    large.594ef7f41da43_roguewolf91-TheForgemastersDomainHephaestus-Panoramic360Stereoscopic3D.jpg

    Wolf Angelus - Break of Dawn

    large.594ef7f5f0082_WolfAngelus-BreakofDawn-360.jpg

    Wolf Angelus - Hotsprings [Version 1]

    large.594ef7f77d8a9_WolfAngelus-HotspringsVersion1-360.jpg

    Wolf Angelus - Hotsprings [Version 2]

    large.594ef7f8e9a63_WolfAngelus-HotspringsVersion2-360.jpg

    Freeform!

    Winner!

    Wolf Angelus - A NIGHTMARE ON ARK STREET

    large.594ef81af249e_WolfAngelus-ANIGHTMAREONARKSTREET-Freeform.jpg

    Runner Up!

    F1r3fly - Ark's Hogwarts

    large.594ef7fb7bcbd_.F1r3fly-ArksHogwarts-Freeform.jpg

    Honourable Mentions!

    Cheb - Freedom

    large.594ef800929ed_Cheb-Freedom-Freeform.png

    Cheb - Swing of Faith

    large.594ef80531689_Cheb-SwingofFaith-Freeform.jpg

    Joe Lally - Tek Of The Skies

    large.594ef845abe5e_JoeLally-TekOfTheSkies.jpg

    Kovko - Not again

    large.Kovko_-_Not_again_-_Freeform_sta.jpg

    Natsu - Fishing 2

    large.594ef81070335_Natsu-Fishing2-freeform.jpg

    StateofMynd42 - The Rescuers Down Under

    large.594ef81835961_StateofMynd42-TheRescuersDownUnder.jpg

    Valoule - Jaws

    large.594ef8256ac38_Valoule-Jawssta.jpg

    ARKVideo!

    This contest is open to all types of video be they funny, epic, scenic, stories, whatever inspires you. Just a general reminder that they should remain safe for work, think of the children!

    And without further ado, the ARKVideo for Community Crunch 97 is...

    runswithpencil!

    ARKitect!

    This is an award given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judged based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more!

    The ARKitect for Community Crunch 97 is… 

    It's a tie! We'd like to wish a huge congratulation to...

    Wolf Angelus and their Summer Retreat!

    and..

    Valoule for their tARKVern!

    Zf4ZZjo.png

    AIhGez4.png

    You can check out the full album here:

    If you'd like to check out the submissions from the rest of the entrants, you can do so here:

    Fan Feature!

    WAR CRIMES! Rogue Two by LameWolfProductions

    BOWT Tarrey Town House & Ragnarok Base Locations by SWChris

    Dock and Lighthouse Building Montage by Selvalis

    ARK: Dodo Cinematic Dossier | #001 | by ShipWrekt

    How to Tame a Trike (Bear Grylls Intro Parody) by The Joe From Idaho Show

    Building with Stevie - Lakeside Stone/Glass Greenhouse! by XxStevieLad87xX

    Building with Stevie - Cliffside Cabin! by XxStevieLad87xX

    Say Cheese by GeeKy gAMer

    Exploring Ragnarok - Ice Cave by MonkeyManTV

    Broodmother Battle by XxStevieLad87xX

    Ragnarok Base Locations by AxeMan

    Mini Pirate Ship by RYANT1UM

    Castle Build by RYANT1UM

    Log Cabin Manor by RYANT1UM

    MeeMaw wants a Pony!!! by The Geeky Granny

    Desert Overlook Home by Kortniechan

    Megalania Mainia by Arahli

    How to Tame a Yutyrannus by Violet

    6EA2B171C0038FD89C93FF66D1B43D476C34BC54

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=951695265

    Thylacoleo vs Raptor by Akhoris

    F50383D97AD9927D6279AC61FEE1B138BE9F44B5

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952488523

    Help me by Кто я такой?

    CB850CD84E3EBD9AA088737D6A1FC519E51CA2BE

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=951713182

    Cute Rex by Autu

    075ADE3043070F38192E9543146844689F3E89E1

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952099163

    Father's Day by Mickey

    78E7AF69B79EE7FA2FC03C8CCE7445F34AAD9789

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=949773078

    Mosa Rex by Wimble Bimble Nipple Flipple666

    1D87770B7133C166A03E6B20FB3A7AC574465198

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952203199

    Ragnarok by Voltzahl

    large.ragnarok_death_and_ice_worm_by_voltzahl-dbczthi.png

    Source: http://voltzahl.deviantart.com

    Different Perceptions by Violet

    2AF50C7C4E4A3A242B5F9390ED68E61B347CAA01

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=951798712

    Wyvern Artwork by -Asttrox-

    7EDD2B165A0DFF7BB7512472078914CFCD9985E6

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=953665291

    Sloppy Griffin by Sonne4711

    045261526CCCA65B49CA90773508AFE5AE72ACCF

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=953206022

    Random Creature Concept by Dead Nitr0th3Edg3l0rd

    64271E88231DC5591A6FC55E9E197A728933E8D1

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=946520343

    Rainbow Griffin by Jameegi

    403EE4C840AECDEE059F222AC91911CCBA42EDC4

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952156236

    Forest Camo Griffin by Sharkcat

    566B75EB38D945A780153816FFD42980545BBC75

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954073460

    Snow Camo Griffin by Sharkcat

    FFFD15126AF1803345B859908B0203A480A14536

    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954074127

    That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on

    Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark

    All the best,
    Wildcard Jat & the ARK: Survival Evolved Team

    :Jerblove:

    Edited by Jat



    Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback




    Will be uploading the Ansel images a little later for download. My upload isn't not being the best right now :(. Thanks for sharing everything this week guys, spectacular as usual. Very impressive contest entries too!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I know I don't enter regulary just due to time but honestly I am starting to wonder if there is a point to entering Since my ideas don't seem up to the standard of others. Any suggestions for ways to get them better or what?? As I am starting to feel disheartened cause I can't enter regulary and it seems like what I am proud of and think is good enough isn't.

    Any suggestions please @Jat on ways to improve my builds/what you look for in the builds so I have an idea if I need to make it better??

    Thanks

    Seriously though huge congrats to all the winners! Amazing builds/maps etc

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I submitted a ticket about my character being bugged and I can't seem to be able to find any trace of my ticket, or previously resolved tickets, and I am unable to create a new request. Help plez?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    43 minutes ago, Zergling963 said:

    I know I don't enter regulary just due to time but honestly I am starting to wonder if there is a point to entering Since my ideas don't seem up to the standard of others. Any suggestions for ways to get them better or what??

    I feel the same about the PGM contest as the last time I won was last year, despite trying almost every week xD but I still enjoy playing around with the settings and seeing what I can come up with.

    But it's all for the fun of it I suppose :) if you don't enjoy entering, forget about it! You'll be all the happier for it.

    I liked your entry as well as every other entry, great content as always.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    25 minutes ago, FataL1ty said:

    I feel the same about the PGM contest as the last time I won was last year, despite trying almost every week xD but I still enjoy playing around with the settings and seeing what I can come up with.

    But it's all for the fun of it I suppose :) if you don't enjoy entering, forget about it! You'll be all the happier for it.

    I liked your entry as well as every other entry, great content as always.

    Thanks and I do enjoy entering just feel a little disheartened and sometimes real life gets in the way of me entering! But will keep attempting it I guess :) Thanks

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Since the game is close to going full release will there be any more digests or is it just going to be only community crunches from here on out?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    My tips to people that really want to get into building has always been this whenever I get asked or them wanting help:

    Modded or unmodded-
    -Painting! (take anything, and play around with paints) the result is almost always a nicer look, or at the very least you can highlight detail bits to make things stand out (black/colored railings and pillars, maybe slate colored flooring to make a clearer distinction from walls). Basically, use coloring to make as many components stand out and be easily identifiable. If you ever seen some of my steam before/after images, it is a world of difference (example: Pirate ship from 2015 (unmodded) the difference is night and day
    Also, painting is the funnest component in my view.

    -Lights: make stuff look as awesome as night, as in the day

    -Pick a design loosely off something, direction really helps keep what you want something to be clean and organized.

    -Detailed small bits. Could be some chairs, benches, canvases. maybe using some glass, etc. unmodded can use the X plants or crops

    And lastly (and should be no mystery) - use of decorative mods (even just 2-3, they only take around 1GB or less). ARK got tons more optimized for memory just now, so it shouldn't be hard to run a few.

    Other than that, it is just practice and keeping eyes open for inspirations, thinking of what you see and trying to picture it in ARK. 
    Pretty much anything I see while gaming I constantly think "could I do that in ARK" and try to imagine it.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    announce your wiping the server and my friends will buy the game. they don't want to buy a game that they can never even have a chance to be successful. its probably to late though, they just going to get destiny 2.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Grats to all the winners!!!

    I look forward to this every week, wondering how they can get better, and always do!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, Zergling963 said:

    I know I don't enter regulary just due to time but honestly I am starting to wonder if there is a point to entering Since my ideas don't seem up to the standard of others. Any suggestions for ways to get them better or what?? As I am starting to feel disheartened cause I can't enter regulary and it seems like what I am proud of and think is good enough isn't.

    Any suggestions please @Jat on ways to improve my builds/what you look for in the builds so I have an idea if I need to make it better??

    Thanks

    Seriously though huge congrats to all the winners! Amazing builds/maps etc

    Hi mate,

    Just want to say, do not change anything when building as you seem to built what you want and what you like and that should be the focus of you entering, not just to win.

    I would like a new rule which might help all players and entries: Just let one players win one or maybe even enter one competition a week. This will keep it fair and fun for everyone and will make it so that each week at least 6 players or fans of ARK can win something.

    Just an idea for the devs :)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Wow thanks so much! So many awesome entries. It really is inspiring to see how people come up with different ideas looking at the same game. It's a great platform. Thanks for it, Wildcard! That Ice-Wyvern is spectacular! @runswithpencils 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, The Lime Inc. said:

    Hi mate,

    Just want to say, do not change anything when building as you seem to built what you want and what you like and that should be the focus of you entering, not just to win.

    I would like a new rule which might help all players and entries: Just let one players win one or maybe even enter one competition a week. This will keep it fair and fun for everyone and will make it so that each week at least 6 players or fans of ARK can win something.

    Just an idea for the devs :)

    Thanks for this response and I agree with this idea! I would have been happy if I had lost fairly as you said but it does kinda seem rigged. It didn't even make the video into the fan feature and you probably know what it takes out of you to build, record and edit the darn thing. A lot of time that I feel was wasted cause it wasn't added to fan feature unlike the rest but maybe I missed some unknown deadline who knows.

     

    I enjoy building etc but let's say it is disheartening when the same person wins multiple categories as you said it doesn't seem fair and seems rigged but thanks for your response

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, The Lime Inc. said:

    Hi mate,

    Just want to say, do not change anything when building as you seem to built what you want and what you like and that should be the focus of you entering, not just to win.

    I would like a new rule which might help all players and entries: Just let one players win one or maybe even enter one competition a week. This will keep it fair and fun for everyone and will make it so that each week at least 6 players or fans of ARK can win something.

    Just an idea for the devs :)

    I thinks this is a good idea too. One categorie by week seems more fair for me. 

    Very nice crunch as always, thanks for showing my TARKrven =)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Can you PLEASE add for single player consoles a option to adjust the flyer nerf, to de-nerf it a little or a lot PLEASE!!! And add the fov, gloom quality, and the light shafts options in settings on console. Thank You 

    P.S. I love this game SOOOO MUCH! 

    Thank You wildcard for sticking with your game, and not giving up on us

    Thank You!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Really amazing work from the Community =) Well done, everybody!!!

    It's impossible to please everyone when picking a winner. That said, I like the idea people have suggested about only being able to win one category each week. I think this would open things up to more people entering because it would make winning way more achieveable.

    I'm always surprised by some really nice photos that are in honourable mention as well! Given that this happens every week, it might be good to have an article from the judges giving a more in-depth run down of what they look for in each category and some personal favourites. That would make a great YouTube video, if you can find the time!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 hours ago, Jat said:

    Will be uploading the Ansel images a little later for download. My upload isn't not being the best right now :(. Thanks for sharing everything this week guys, spectacular as usual. Very impressive contest entries too!

    All very nice I'm sure......

    But, when I try to buy the collectors edition, I click the choose location, but STILL there is NO UK location......

    I've googled it but we can't get it in England, c'mon guys what's happening? Sick of hearing excuses >:(

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, F1nchyStryd3r said:

    All very nice I'm sure......

    But, when I try to buy the collectors edition, I click the choose location, but STILL there is NO UK location......

    I've googled it but we can't get it in England, c'mon guys what's happening? Sick of hearing excuses >:(

    That would be because we're still waiting for the UK retailer to finish setup. We're not retailers, we're developers - we work with others to get the game out there. Hopefully it'll be done soon! Chris should be posting when it's live as he handles getting it on playark.com :)

    Feedback is noted regarding the contest, I have some of my own thoughts to certain things that I'd like to change too so I'll be talking to the guys about it sometime soon (once we're wrapped up with the 1.0 disc submission)! 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 minutes ago, Jat said:

    That would be because we're still waiting for the UK retailer to finish setup. We're not retailers, we're developers - we work with others to get the game out there. Hopefully it'll be done soon! Chris should be posting when it's live as he handles getting it on playark.com :)

    Feedback is noted regarding the contest, I have some of my own thoughts to certain things that I'd like to change too so I'll be talking to the guys about it sometime soon (once we're wrapped up with the 1.0 disc submission)! 

    Thanks m8 for getting back to me, plz plz plz don't forget about the UK! :Jerbcry:

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    36 minutes ago, Jat said:

    That would be because we're still waiting for the UK retailer to finish setup. We're not retailers, we're developers - we work with others to get the game out there. Hopefully it'll be done soon! Chris should be posting when it's live as he handles getting it on playark.com :)

    Feedback is noted regarding the contest, I have some of my own thoughts to certain things that I'd like to change too so I'll be talking to the guys about it sometime soon (once we're wrapped up with the 1.0 disc submission)! 

    Thanks @Jat :) Interested to see what happens :0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Meanwhile there's so much rubberbanding the game is unplayable. We're now five hours in the past just since this morning not including the rollbacks from yesterday. And it's a maturation event, doubt it gets extended even though only a day out of the last four days it was playable. Smh. Wish Ragnarok wasn't comming out till august so they could focus on fixing servers they already have first. Hard to get excited when you know only a couple hundred will be able to play the new map at a time out of thousands. Not to mention all the bugs that comes with new servers. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Since we are having friendly opinions/feedback, I'll leave mine, heavily based on logical and rational thinking:

    Contests should be about contents, not entrants. Names should be removed from submissions during voting and may the best content win.

    If people put a lot of devotion in and do pictures, and videos or building, that is their own choice/right, and their efforts shouldn't be downgraded for it. If people just want to do 1 thing, that is their own choice too. Maybe some put 15 hours/week of effort in for just pictures, and some put more effort in, say 30 hours/week, to build/video and do pictures. No one said that that any certain person can't attempt the other categories as well. Of course, there is no guarantee where what may win.

    Basically, efforts shouldn't be discarded if the content is epic enough, as by definition of a contest - what is judged as the best content should win.

    I myself enjoy seeing extremely creative things that wouldn't be your "every day encounter" on the game, like the Harry Potter freeform image, or the Mario Kart track Valoule made. Stuff that really stands out and says "Wow", and unlike anything ever been seen before.


    Counter Debates:
    Main issue - You run into problems when one or more entrant is in the running to win more than 1 category - What if 2 people enter a video and a picture for example, and they are equally amazing and both worry of being winners, you arrive at a decision of who do you award 200$ to for video, and who gets the lesser 100$ for picture (despite both entries from both entrants being equal).**The is where the solution below comes into play to solve this

    -Another point would be that a set of "regulars" have kept things alive weekly. Many have come and gone, or some enter once in a blue moon. This wouldn't be much of a contest when 2-3 people end up entering only, at least without possibly downgrading the content of the contest (Using an extreme example: would one really be want to see a 3x3 thatch building anyone could put together?)
    -Winning content may end up being far less exciting by eliminating "specialty" content as I will call it, and you end up with "generic" content that is more along the lines of what you see daily, and not something truly unique (Real Life example:  Eiffel Tower is a unique piece of architecture vs a persons house which generic and doesn't stand out)
    -If you chose to actively put restrictions on categorical entries, personally speaking all my focus would go into building and that category would get locked down.
    -PGMs should not be included in any restrictions, unless the prize is changed to cash value

     

    What you could do is custom amounts based on what you wish to allocate per week, per category - combine the first prize and runner up pools you were willing to award that week, and split them among the content that you deem worthy of "winner & runner up". Using the current prize values, say you are willing to pay out 400$ for arkitect in that given week. You decide 3 builds to be impressive, you split the value of 400 among 3. Same for pictures, do you find 3-4 pictures worthy of freeform? Perhaps the content was impressive enough that you want to dedicate 200$.
    This would tie in with what others have said to some extent, and offer up more people "winning" something (the amounts would be less of course), but it keeps things balanced and fair for those who also put a lot of effort in, while giving something as well to others. You would end up with a mix of regulars, and infrequent entrants winning, therefore balancing the cycle and nature of the contest. Hopefully that makes sense!

    As one of the few who has been around the longest, that could be the best solution without hurting your most loyal and consistent of entrants, and also give running chances towards newer entrants. It is a bit more of an elaborate solution, but with a well kept Spreadsheet, it shouldn't be hard to manage.


     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 6/25/2017 at 3:55 AM, Zergling963 said:
    11 hours ago, Zergling963 said:

    Thanks @Jat :) Interested to see what happens :0

     

    Yes I am to :)

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, Wolf Angelus said:

    Since we are having friendly opinions/feedback, I'll leave mine, heavily based on logical and rational thinking:

    Contests should be about contents, not entrants. Names should be removed from submissions during voting and may the best content win.

    If people put a lot of devotion in and do pictures, and videos or building, that is their own choice/right, and their efforts shouldn't be downgraded for it. If people just want to do 1 thing, that is their own choice too. Maybe some put 15 hours/week of effort in for just pictures, and some put more effort in, say 30 hours/week, to build/video and do pictures. No one said that that any certain person can't attempt the other categories as well. Of course, there is no guarantee where what may win.

    Basically, efforts shouldn't be discarded if the content is epic enough, as by definition of a contest - what is judged as the best content should win.

    I myself enjoy seeing extremely creative things that wouldn't be your "every day encounter" on the game, like the Harry Potter freeform image, or the Mario Kart track Valoule made. Stuff that really stands out and says "Wow", and unlike anything ever been seen before.


    Counter Debates:
    Main issue - You run into problems when one or more entrant is in the running to win more than 1 category - What if 2 people enter a video and a picture for example, and they are equally amazing and both worry of being winners, you arrive at a decision of who do you award 200$ to for video, and who gets the lesser 100$ for picture (despite both entries from both entrants being equal).**The is where the solution below comes into play to solve this

    -Another point would be that a set of "regulars" have kept things alive weekly. Many have come and gone, or some enter once in a blue moon. This wouldn't be much of a contest when 2-3 people end up entering only, at least without possibly downgrading the content of the contest (Using an extreme example: would one really be want to see a 3x3 thatch building anyone could put together?)
    -Winning content may end up being far less exciting by eliminating "specialty" content as I will call it, and you end up with "generic" content that is more along the lines of what you see daily, and not something truly unique (Real Life example:  Eiffel Tower is a unique piece of architecture vs a persons house which generic and doesn't stand out)
    -If you chose to actively put restrictions on categorical entries, personally speaking all my focus would go into building and that category would get locked down.
    -PGMs should not be included in any restrictions, unless the prize is changed to cash value

     

    What you could do is custom amounts based on what you wish to allocate per week, per category - combine the first prize and runner up pools you were willing to award that week, and split them among the content that you deem worthy of "winner & runner up". Using the current prize values, say you are willing to pay out 400$ for arkitect in that given week. You decide 3 builds to be impressive, you split the value of 400 among 3. Same for pictures, do you find 3-4 pictures worthy of freeform? Perhaps the content was impressive enough that you want to dedicate 200$.
    This would tie in with what others have said to some extent, and offer up more people "winning" something (the amounts would be less of course), but it keeps things balanced and fair for those who also put a lot of effort in, while giving something as well to others. You would end up with a mix of regulars, and infrequent entrants winning, therefore balancing the cycle and nature of the contest. Hopefully that makes sense!

    As one of the few who has been around the longest, that could be the best solution without hurting your most loyal and consistent of entrants, and also give running chances towards newer entrants. It is a bit more of an elaborate solution, but with a well kept Spreadsheet, it shouldn't be hard to manage.


     

    I am maybe the only one but I do take major offense to most things you say:

    A gaming competition shouldn't be for regulars but for everyone and I myself do not mind a thatch hut winning if I see that someone puts his heart and soul in to vanilla game play and has managed to built his own thatch hut which he/she is proud of.

    Why would only winning one category mean less exciting content, I think having 6 chances to win will even mean an increase in entries as chances increase and people get the feeling the stand a chance.

    The next one really blew my mind. You are basically saying that if you get forced to only participate in one category you will first of all choose the one that wins most money (no surprise there as we do know you only play for the money) but then you basically say you will have so much time spend on that one cat that your content will be so good it will always win??? Are you serious?

    And finally you want PGM to not be included, because you won this competition the most time of course and you want to keep entering outside of your other entries.

    Your whole post seriously proves my point that we just need to have an overhaul like Jat suggested as well and have one winner winning one category each week, this competition should be brought back to the people who love the game, not people who love the money.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now