Jump to content

  • Community Crunch 314: Fjordhawk Teaser, New Sponsored Mods, and More!

    Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

    Have a long week?  Well kick back and jump-start your relaxation with an EVO Event this weekend!  We're nearing the Fjordur launch in June and we have yet to debut one of its native inhabitants - Fjordhawk!

    fjordhawk_b.png

    ARK_Fjordur_Fjordhawk_Promo_Logo_1920x1080.jpg

    Looking to dive right into the action, Fjordhawk can forge close bonds with humans as wholeheartedly as any canine or primate.  A tamed Fjordhawk is a surprisingly playful companion that is very capable of fetching targets that you point out. A well-trained fjordhawk can locate injured prey and communicate its find to you.

    Check out this post for more information on the new creatures that will arrive with Fjordur in June 2022!!

    Dossier_Fjordhawk.jpg

     


    sponsoredmodupdate.png

    maxresdefault.jpg

    It's time to announce the second set of new sponsored mods for the new year!  Looking to add some spice to your ARK life? Check out some new mods!

    The ARK Sponsored Mod program is currently accepting applications until June 5th. Please submit your projects here.

    newsponsored.png

    titan.png
    large.titan.jpg

    Titan is an ambitious project that would see the player exploring new worlds, taming new creatures, playing new minigames, trading and experiencing a whole custom story.
    Some planned features include human NPCs and a spaceship marketplace where you can find various traders of items and creatures.

    Check out the Titan Map

    kanga.png
    large.LargeKangaSpalsh_SponsoredMods.png

    Kanga mods are focused on creating a primitive gameplay experience. Cultivate your profession and work together with your tribe to overcome challenges. The mods are separated into different categories so that players can pick and choose what elements they want to play with.

    Check out The Kanga Mods Collection

     


    discordcomp.png

    EnJJJJ_VgAEKe90.jpg

    Two years ago during the annual Extra Life Fundraiser, we unveiled a new creature that would be added to the game along with Genesis 2: the Noglin. Within a matter of minutes, a Redditor combined the Noglin with the popular "Poggers" meme to create "The Poglin". Since then, the Poglin has taken on many forms, including a 3D Art version made by the very talented artist ImEnFuego. We got in on the fun added the Poglin Mask Skin into the game and history was made! 

    We greatly appreciate community-led efforts such as the Poglin. As such, we've decided to hold a Discord competition to see who can make the best Poglin Heart Emoji. The winning emoji will be added to the Discord for all to use.

    Hop into our Discord to see the details of the contest!

    Join the ARK Discord


    evo.png

    Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

    There is an ongoing EVO Event until Monday, May 9th.  You can find the rates below:

    *Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

    • Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming
    • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming
    • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming
    • Classic: 6x XP, Harvesting, Taming

     


    communitycorner.png

    Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

    communitystories_.png

    penguinfat#3639

    Quote

    My friend and I were at the volcano, he took my argy, picked me up, then dropped me in the lava

    Dumb horse#5415

    Quote

    Me and my friend put couple thousand speed on a fetherlight and we where dying with laughter for 15 minutes

     

    clipsvideos.png

    Creator: Bemo Guinness

    Follow Bemo Guiness as he tries to take on Valguero bosses using Shadowmane's!

    Creator: Python

    Are you looking for a new 'Let's Play' series to start?  Looks like Python just started a new series on The Island!

    fanart_2.png

    Untitled by Riggy#6314

    large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_314_Untitled_2

    Argentavis Auram by Molly69929

    large.1933949329_ARK_CommunityCrunch_314

    Thylacoleo by VampireSessh

    large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_314_Thylacoleo

    Rock Drake by @ebiflyyyy4

    large.1905846336_ARK_CommunityCrunch_314

    Untitled by Gerald.#4819

    large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_314_Untitled_1

    Argen Watercolor Brush by @bonten_ARK

    large.510876431_ARK_CommunityCrunch_314_

     

    screen.png

    @Muckey_59318

    large.823515155_ARK_CommunityCrunch_314_

    FunkyMunkeyGaming#8936

    large.1349360483_ARK_CommunityCrunch_314

    @DreadTamer

    large.1143535631_ARK_CommunityCrunch_314

     

    See you on the flip side!
    Studio Wildcard

    Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
    Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
    Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark


    • Like 1



    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    On 5/11/2022 at 12:26 PM, Scuff3d said:

    I have close to 500 days and can assure you the game is not as popular as it was years ago. And you don’t think the games dead? Look on any server; they all have about 1-10 people playing out of 60

    Having just shy of two years in game to make some attempt at appeal to authority doesn't make you the foremost expert on in game analytics. Mentioning something that silly in a forum where there are likely people that have been playing since day 1 does nothing. Furthermore you assume that because you see a trend one way it must be universal. You fail to factor in different platforms, unofficial vs official, PvE vs pvp, and the varying times in which people may get on in your assessment.

    Edited by CosmicSkeleton

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Lol don't argue with these guys. They're delusional stans. The can't admit offcial is dead. Everything they post is from unofficial. 

    But offical pvp is dead. Anyone playing from since the beginning knows. 

    Some many severs with fat Ole goose eggs and these hilarious guys still saying the same stuff. 

     

     

    • Facepalm 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Meshing, esp, the devs making dinos and never considering their effect in pvp, so they always break the game when they release, the list goes on and on. 

    You honestly have to play unofficial. If you're on offical you're wasting your own time. If you're stuck with wanting official play on a cluster. Alot easier for for the devs to keep the cheaters off.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, Deadgamelover said:

    Lol don't argue with these guys. They're delusional stans. The can't admit offcial is dead. Everything they post is from unofficial. 

    But offical pvp is dead. Anyone playing from since the beginning knows. 

    Some many severs with fat Ole goose eggs and these hilarious guys still saying the same stuff. 

     

     

    I'd hardly consider pointing out  an inaccurate statement staning but go off sis. He made a blanket statement (the game is dead) and people disagreed, one of which even posted statistical data. If you want to get into specific game modes then have at it, perhaps official pvp on your platform of preference is dead, lord knows that they all certainly have a number of issues that need addressing. But assuming everything goes a certain way because of what personally see is just not smart.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Scuff3d

    Posted (edited)

    On 5/11/2022 at 2:14 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

    Factual data says you are wrong. 

    image.png

    ?? Graph shows more people played in 2017 then now, don’t forget to mention there’s probably 100x more servers now with the same amount of players 5 years ago spread out between them. 75% of servers have less than 3 people playing out of 70. yea the games not dead.

    Edited by Scuff3d

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Joebl0w13

    Posted (edited)

    8 hours ago, Scuff3d said:

    ?? Graph shows more people played in 2017 then now, don’t forget to mention there’s probably 100x more servers now with the same amount of players 5 years ago spread out between them. 75% of servers have less than 3 people playing out of 70. yea the games not dead.

    The graph shows the player base staying nearly the same. Over the entire life of the game. 

    What you are talking about is those same players are now spread out among all the new DLC/other maps which is undoubtable true.

    Edited by Joebl0w13

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    8 hours ago, Scuff3d said:

    ?? Graph shows more people played in 2017 then now

    I usually stay out of the ARK is dead arguments considering people have been saying that for years.

    However, one cannot ignore the ludicrous claim you just made.

    I enlarged the graph for easier sight and put a straight yellow line across from now all the way back to 2015.

    In 2017 the green went above the yellow line, what, twice? Compare that to the above yellow line from 2020 until now?

    Untitled-1.png

    Obviously the big peaks towards the end are the Genesis DLCs and Lost Island etc. But they are still considerably higher than anything before that. Also you can clearly see there were a lot more dips below the yellow line between 2016 - 2019 than there has been since 2020 at least on Steam.

    So @Joebl0w13 is correct in that it shows the player base staying nearly the same over the entire life of the game. However, with the yellow line added, it clearly shows that since 2020 it shows an improvement with hardly anything under the yellow line.

    So i'm a little confused how you claim to say the graph shows more people played in 2017 than now.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 5/11/2022 at 8:26 AM, Scuff3d said:

    I have close to 500 days and can assure you the game is not as popular as it was years ago. And you don’t think the games dead? Look on any server; they all have about 1-10 people playing out of 60

    a dead game is a game that has very few if any players  ark has thousands of players and with every new update more and more people join the ark community. Ark is a pretty popular game and ark 2 might build upon the sucsess of ark 1 bringing many more players and being an overall more popular game than ark 1.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I'm glad to see another person who thinks that the game is still alive and well cause i think we can all agree it is a grate game that only gets better as time goes on.

    3 hours ago, GP said:

    I usually stay out of the ARK is dead arguments considering people have been saying that for years.

    However, one cannot ignore the ludicrous claim you just made.

    I enlarged the graph for easier sight and put a straight yellow line across from now all the way back to 2015.

    In 2017 the green went above the yellow line, what, twice? Compare that to the above yellow line from 2020 until now?

    Untitled-1.png

    Obviously the big peaks towards the end are the Genesis DLCs and Lost Island etc. But they are still considerably higher than anything before that. Also you can clearly see there were a lot more dips below the yellow line between 2016 - 2019 than there has been since 2020 at least on Steam.

    So @Joebl0w13 is correct in that it shows the player base staying nearly the same over the entire life of the game. However, with the yellow line added, it clearly shows that since 2020 it shows an improvement with hardly anything under the yellow line.

    So i'm a little confused how you claim to say the graph shows more people played in 2017 than now.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 5/11/2022 at 8:26 AM, Scuff3d said:

    I have close to 500 days and can assure you the game is not as popular as it was years ago. And you don’t think the games dead? Look on any server; they all have about 1-10 people playing out of 60

    Also there are thousands of servers across the 11 different maps that ark has not to mention the fact that there are people that play host/local because they don't like playing  multiplayer. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 5/11/2022 at 8:23 AM, Scuff3d said:

    It’s not just railgun. But sniper and ESP. He’s right, the game is dead

    how do so many people think this game is dead it  has near 70,000 people on the game and plus if you play on console or pc the number of people on servers is different because the game is not cross console so there could be  more people on console i play PC and Xbox and whenever i look for a server i cant get into one because they are full.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites




    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...