Community Crunch 248: The Game Awards, Classic PvP, and More!
We've prepared a special announcement for ARK fans that you won't want to miss. It all starts at The Game Awards on December 10th!
Classic PvP Season 3
Classic PvP returns! These servers are a Snail Games initiative to shake up the current PvP meta. The aim is to create a competitive player experience for PC players which focuses on the PvP experience from the days of old. Next week we'll be kicking off Season 3 of Classic PvP (bringing an end to our Conquest season). If you're unfamiliar with what Classic PvP is, there's a quick breakdown below.
Classic PvP Breakdown:
- Experience gain, taming, gathering, breeding, hatching, and raising rates have been doubled compared to our standard Official Servers (2x)
- Tribes are set to 25 players max
- Tribe alliances are disabled, though informal alliances are allowed
- Servers have a maximum player count of 100
- These maps will be available: The Island, Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, Valguero, and The Center
- Classic PvP servers are unaffected by Evolution Events
- Tek dinos (Tek Parasaur, Tek Quetzal, Tek Rex, Tek Raptor, Tek Stego), Paracer, Tapejara, and the Titanosaur are not available for taming on Classic PvP
- All Aberration and Extinction content is unavailable on Classic PvP
- Scaling of weapon damage has been reduced
- No TEK Engrams
- No cave building
- Cryopods enabled
Prior to the launch of Season 3 next week, we'll share more details on the launch and timing.
Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk as part of the Turkey Trial event! It will be active from Tuesday the 24th of Nov at 4 PM EST until Thursday the 10th of December. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:
- 2x Breeding/Maturing/Egg Hatching
- 2x Harvesting
- 2x Taming
- 2x XP
DodoRex by Silatria
It’s a pink Argy by Beastboy (Discord)
The Kings Call by FoxFox87
Therizinosaurus by kawarayane
Face Off by nikout13 (Discord)
Giganotosaurus at the Meadow by Cucumberg
We can't wait to catch up with you at The Game Awards!