Community Crunch 243: Tender Loving Care 3 Details, Official Server Maintenance and More!
Our Tender Loving Care 3 update approaches on November 7th and, aside from the dedicated reworks of the Stego and Mammoth, we’ve added a bunch of Quality of Life changes to make your time on the ARK more enjoyable.
We’re particularly excited about introducing insect and wyvern breeding to the game and look forward to players getting their new breedlines goin!. We’re aware these creatures may need some balance once breedlines get underway and we’ll monitor and adjust as necessary.
New Breedable Creatures
The insects and creatures that can now be bred are: Spider, Onyc, Moth, Scorpion, Arthropluera, Mantis and the mighty Wyverns!
The new (Wyvern are unchanged) hatching/gestation and maturation times are as follows:
- Egg Hatch Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes (Matches Pachy)
- Total Maturation Time: 1 day, 1 hour, and 1 minute (Matches Dimorph)
- Total Gestation Time: 3 hours and 58 minutes (Matches Procoptodon)
- Total Maturation Time: 1day, 4 hours, and 3 minutes (Matches Kairuku)
- Egg Hatch Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes (Matches Kairuku)
- Total Maturation Time: 1 day, 6 hours, and 51 minutes (Matches Pegomastax)
- Egg Hatch Time: 1 hour and 59 minutes (Matches Raptor)
- Total Maturation Time: 1 day, 13 hours, and 12 minutes (Matches Raptor)
- Egg Hatch Time: 2 hours and 29 minutes (Matches Sarco)
- Total Maturation Time: 2 days, 3 hours, and 26 minutes (Matches Stego)
- Egg Hatch Time: 2 hours and 46 minutes (Matches Stego)
- Total Maturation Time: 2 days, 6 hours, and 27 minutes (Matches Tapejara)
Creature Quality of Life Changes
In addition to insect breeding, we went back and showed some love to a few of ARK's well-known inhabitants.
- Reduced maturation time by approximately 15% (Total growth is around 10~ days)
- Increased base health by 33% (from 190 to 250.3)
- Increased movement speed when ridden by 25%
- Added a (slow draining) bleed to its basic attack
- Reduced depth requirement for breeding so that it can be bred on other maps
- Wyverns are now breedable (Zombie Wyverns cannot be bred)
- Slight stat rebalance now that they’re breedable and to bring them in line with Crystal Wyverns
- Reduced gestation/aging times to match Megaloceros
- Pack Bonus: Damage Reduction and Damage Increase per pack member within range
- Added a bleed to its basic attack
- Increase base weight capacity from 55 to 120 (Matches Bulbdog)
- Increase metal weight reduction by 10% (from total reduction of 75% to 85%)
- You can now turn when rolling with a Doed (similarly to the Genesis Race Mission)
- Now has eyes
New Feature: Taming HUD
Use the interactive taming HUD to monitor your unconscious wild tamable creatures. Keep track of the following:
- Creature's Gender and Level
- Taming and Unconscious Progress
- Taming Effectiveness
- Current Health and Food status.
- Distance from your location
- An option to track specific creatures via in-world waypoints (which can be hovered for an over-screen overlay displaying additional information).
Boss Element Reward Increase
We’ve decided to increase the Boss Element reward on some maps to bring the Ele more into line with where we’re at with new expansions.
- Element reward from The Island bosses has been increased by 100%
- Element reward from The Center bosses has been increased by 100%
- Element reward from Scorched Earth has been increased by 50%
New Feature: Turret Radius Settings
A quick and easy way to update the settings of your nearby turrets within a radius. It’s set to currently match the Official Server Turret Limit radius, but players can also toggle viewing the radius on/off. The current functionality it supports is as follows:
- The ability to set a pin code to all turrets in range
- The ability to copy settings to all turrets in range
- The ability to copy settings to pin code-selected turrets in range
The settings which can be copied are: power state, range, targeting, warning
We are anxious to get these community requests and quality of life improvements into your hands! The Tender Loving Care 3 update launches on November 7th on all platforms! We realize the TLC patch releasing at the same time as Extra Life is less than ideal for players. To compensate, we'll be extending the duration of the Extra Life boosted rates so everyone can enjoy the boost!
Official Server Maintenance and Infrastructure Upgrade
Next week on Tuesday/Wednesday the 27th/28th, we plan to upgrade our Server Transfer infrastructure. The intent behind these upgrades is to resolve problems with character loss, player timeout, latency, and failure to download or upload player data at times.
We've recently put a lot of time into refining the transfer logic, and combined with the hardware upgrades; we should see some significant improvements with our Official Servers. Our goal is to get these upgrades to you as soon as possible, particularly before our Extra Life weekend, where we expect a lot of player transfer footprint to take place so that our servers and transfers are running as smoothly as possible.
We anticipate that the TRANSFER downtime could last up to 24 hours, and this could be simultaneously on PC, Xbox, and PS4 or take place one after the other. We will provide a more specific timeline of when this update will take place per platform early next week.
EVO Event: Fear Evolved
Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Thursday the 22nd of Oct at 4 PM EST until Friday the 6th of Nov at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:
- 2x Breeding/Maturing/Egg Hatching
- 2x Harvesting
- 2x Taming
- 2x XP
Ravager by bluedragonark
Velonasaur Variant by Nisis
Snow Owl by Allomro_395
Inktober 2020: Day 15 by vernhestand
Deinonychus by dra
Atmosphere May Inn and Uzi by kawarayane
Catch you on the flip side!