Jump to content


  • Community Crunch 212: Legacy Servers, Winter Wonderland 4, and Sponsored Mod Applications

    Legacy Server Removal

     

    legacy.jpg

     

    Earlier this year we reached out to find out what type of servers you're interested in and what legacy players enjoyed about their experience.  As we move closer to the release of Genesis and another year of ARK content, we have been monitoring the Official Network server population and Legacy servers.  Due to the current legacy server population, we will be closing all PvP legacy servers on January 28th.

    We've read the feedback from legacy players and know that you've invested time and created memories on these servers.  Immediately following the closure of legacy servers, we will be providing the save files from those servers for you to download.

    Below is a complete list of servers that will be removed following January 28th.  We appreciate the time our legacy players have spent with us and look forward to an exciting year of content.

     

     


     

    Winter Wonderland 4

    Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.07 - 00.57.39.39.jpg

     

    We know how important events are to the community and we've enjoyed seeing the community content, screenshots, and shared experiences from Winter Wonderland 4.  The event ends at 10 AM PST Wednesday (January 8th). Complete your chibi collection before the event ends!

     


     

    Sponsored Mod Applications

    sponsored.jpg

     

    Sponsored Mod Program applications are once again OPEN! If you are interested in sponsorship for your projects, please fill out the application here:

    Sponsored Mod Applications

     


     

    EVO Event

    Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

    Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 10th of Jan at 1 PM EST until Monday the 13th of Jan at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

    • 2x Harvesting Rates
    • 2x Taming Rates
    • 2x EXP Rates

    Until next time!

    Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
    Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
    Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

    Edited by Cedric


    • Like 3


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    WC knows how important events like Winter Wonderland are to the player community. Three weeks of boosted rates and good times...thrown in the trash because these asshats couldn't give Legacy players ( must be a separate Ark community) a heads up. I would have restarted...AGAIN, on another server with boosted rates. "We understand you've invested A LOT of time" so we'll make the save files available for you immediately when those servers are shut down. 

    The only thing WC understands is how to effectively and proficiently bend players of this community over the barrel. No grease...not even a kiss. Thanks WC... Happy 2020 to you all!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 1/7/2020 at 2:57 PM, KillermooCoWz said:

    So how do I get my money back for genesis cause I’ll uninstall the game as soon as legacy is over 

    legacy killed itself by ensuring no one could join the servers. when you spawn in on the  spawn points and are killed before the cutscene even starts, you get what you deserve. personally, you shouldn't even have your tames or items from there.... 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    15 minutes ago, Draven9x said:

    WC knows how important events like Winter Wonderland are to the player community. Three weeks of boosted rates and good times...thrown in the trash because these asshats couldn't give Legacy players ( must be a separate Ark community) a heads up. I would have restarted...AGAIN, on another server with boosted rates. "We understand you've invested A LOT of time" so we'll make the save files available for you immediately when those servers are shut down. 

    The only thing WC understands is how to effectively and proficiently bend players of this community over the barrel. No grease...not even a kiss. Thanks WC... Happy 2020 to you all!

    it's funny ya know, i knew legacy was shutting down well before it happened, yet i never played there. when there's no support, clearly you knew it was around the corner? as i stated to someone else, legacy killed itself. personally they  shouldn't have their tames and items either. they should start from scratch like the  rest of us plebs. i'm betting most will quit though.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Then why did they do "The Great Migration"? Last year. I knew there was no support, but didn't think they'd wipe all of it. 

    I've started from scratch EVERYTIME. Point is WC claims to give a poop about the player community that's made them rich, but in reality they're a one star gas station sushi shack. They don't care about their quality of service, only that they got your money. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 1/7/2020 at 9:31 PM, C0tt0N said:

    Yeah, there is plenty of pvp in legacy if you aren't part of a giant alliance, at least on the server I played. At least once a week there were people there to attack us.

    The "chill pve servers" are the ones controlled by mega tribes/ mega alliances, and its no different at all on official...

    Then if there are still some pvp with 2 to 8 players on servers it's good for those servers, but I think after 5 years since those servers exists WC lost money buying new servers for every new dlc instead of just taking some of the legacy.

    The low population + the economy of WC i guess those are good reasons to delete some legacy servers...

    I played on legacy when it was the officiel server, and just restart from zero everytime there is new dlc or new cluster and that's realy a good way to play the game.

    If you prefer staying on your old servers after 5 years idk what to do for you.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On Jan 28, 2020, ARK will be uninstalled.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

    Madaj of LEGACY-PrimitivePVE-OfficialServer477 out.

    Edit:
    I was there because i didint find Primitive servers on new clusters. This game lasted till now for me...

    Edited by Madaj

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    It is sad to see this rivalry between the new and the inherited. but we take common sense
    And before proceeding, it is advisable to read this link, after read write your opinion. 

    And for those who think that all cheating happens only in the legacy ... their deep ignorance is evident, after all we are not facing a member who hates an inherited group right? The most I want for you is for God to enlighten you in your heart. A human being can give only what he has learned best and radiates to others what he has learned in his path, learning the meaning will take time, but you will find your journey and understand its meaning as a human being.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Playing on a legacy server means you don't need GM; can solve your problems directly with the source. Make no mistake about nostalgia, there is a desire to see your evolution and friends who have not had the option to access the new servers. ping issues and few options have captured many people in the legacy. Under the promise of deleting only underused servers, we are, and to be honest, I don't regret being in the legacy, I'm happy in the legacy, I have a lot of friends and if I ever delete all legacy pve servers? I write my message would say this: Thank you guys From the bottom of my heart, stay with my friends and stay in the legacy without my friends, I would not have gone that far, but thank you so much for everything. And to be honest, even without GM, with so many server failures and delays, the 504 has always been and remains the last server to come online after the atts (someone hates SA)😡. I would choose the same path again, for my friends.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, lyxoR said:

    Then if there are still some pvp with 2 to 8 players on servers it's good for those servers, but I think after 5 years since those servers exists WC lost money buying new servers for every new dlc instead of just taking some of the legacy.

    The low population + the economy of WC i guess those are good reasons to delete some legacy servers...

    I played on legacy when it was the officiel server, and just restart from zero everytime there is new dlc or new cluster and that's realy a good way to play the game.

    If you prefer staying on your old servers after 5 years idk what to do for you.

    Wildcard did not buy new servers for every DLC, thats why there were like 5 "Great Migrations"

    There are dozens of official servers with as low, if not lower population than some legacy servers.

    I played legacy when it was the official server as well. Through all the of migrations, the server i played on was never on the chopping block because there are active players on it.

    I do prefer to stay on a server that i have spent over 5k hours defending. We aren't a mega tribe, never were. We had to fight and grind our asses off to get to where we are.

    They are taking the time and effort of so many people away without giving them a chance to "survive"

    There is an easy solution where legacy players don't get completely screwed. Make new legacy servers, 2 Island, 2 Ragnarok, 1 Aberation, 1 Extinction, 1 Valguero, 1 Center, let the remaining legacy players transfer and battle it out on the new servers. Bring back support to those servers because ffs there will only be 8 (9 When Genesis comes out) of them, that they can host off of 2 ip addresses. Give legacy players a couple weeks to move then shut down the older servers. I know my tribe and I would end up losing everything anyway but i would much rather have a fighting chance than just getting deleted.

     

     

    Edited by C0tt0N
    fixed a word

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 1/7/2020 at 5:12 PM, Kaprosuchus said:

    like on single player? yeah i imagine the sheer magnitude of dinosaurs and buildings on an official server would smash most PCs or consoles trying to run it in single player.  for the record i was suggesting renting a server so they can play with their friends still.

    don't get me wrong unofficial is great for friends ppl to play but I enjoy official without support lol the way the game is intended without some all powerfull GM that could possibly ruin years of work because someone wants my land .or a admin that gets mad at me and banns me. Legacy is a official experience without the$$Cost that official has to deal with on wildcards side lol .you would think that they would just keep these leagacy servers around lol would be cheaper than opening new servers... call them non supporter official servers haha .Ppl are quiting lol ppl that would have bought every other dlc released and would never need to pay  GM to come and remove pillars or respwant dinos lol no need to pay enforcement....but hey who am I . just a bob on legacy woot keep surviving

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

    don't get me wrong unofficial is great for friends ppl to play but I enjoy official without support lol the way the game is intended without some all powerfull GM that could possibly ruin years of work because someone wants my land .or a admin that gets mad at me and banns me. Legacy is a official experience without the$$Cost that official has to deal with on wildcards side lol .you would think that they would just keep these leagacy servers around lol would be cheaper than opening new servers... call them non supporter official servers haha .Ppl are quiting lol ppl that would have bought every other dlc released and would never need to pay  GM to come and remove pillars or respwant dinos lol no need to pay enforcement....but hey who am I . just a bob on legacy woot keep surviving

    i get that man :) but i mean... an all powerful gm is kind of ruining years of your work. and this is official. so.. i don't know what else to say than i am sorry it's happening.  I think they are trying to repurpose the hardware for all the genesis officials they have to roll out.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 7/1/2020 at 23:05, Aylana314159 said:

    No es culpa del WC que haya entendido mal que el legado era tiempo prestado y que sería eliminado hasta que no quedara nada.

     

    Los archivos guardados se liberarán si desea pagar un clúster como comunidad.

    I understand what you say, but WC can reduce the number of Legacy servers and reuse many for Genesis, without eliminating all. They have done this before. My friends and I have bought games and DLC like everyone else, they should give us some kind of solution. Is it normal that in another game you delete the progress only by the server you use?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    So guys let me ask you a question because is the only thing i didnt understand, is it possible to transfer our dinos and stuff from legacy to an official before the closing? If is all lost i start now on a different server. Just to dont waste time ;)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    39 minutes ago, DrFeelgoodz said:

    So guys let me ask you a question because is the only thing i didnt understand, is it possible to transfer our dinos and stuff from legacy to an official before the closing? If is all lost i start now on a different server. Just to dont waste time ;)

    No you can not transfer anything from legacy to the official  servers and you can not transfer from a pvp server to a pve server so if you are on a legacy pvp server and want to continue it looks like you have to start over on offical( cuz why waste time on legacy again)

    Only down side to this is it is a pain to start on offical servers cuz all the large tribes and having to re farm dined 😵

    Edited by telausblade
    Dinos **

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 1/7/2020 at 5:32 AM, WhipSky said:

    We were warned before the release that the legacy servers were going to be abandoned and the reduction little by little of the number of servers and the possibility of providing the save files was in my view a fair management from WC.

    Like the majority of the players I moved to the new servers at the release, those who stayed on legacy servers knew what to expect ...

    Except for the longest time you could not identify legacy servers from the rest of official at release, the were officialpve359 the islands . Under official sever filter in their own search bar

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Remitente said:

    I understand what you say, but WC can reduce the number of Legacy servers and reuse many for Genesis, without eliminating all. They have done this before. My friends and I have bought games and DLC like everyone else, they should give us some kind of solution. Is it normal that in another game you delete the progress only by the server you use?

    Legacy was created instead of a total wipe when the game was released from early access. The devs were clear that legacy would receive 0 support and would slowly be killed off. If you kept playing on legacy that was your choice.

    The official servers are free to play on when you buy the game, but the servers aren't guaranteed. 

    Solution given: server save files were/are available 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Ho un idea da offrire..potete perfavore mettere i costumi(SKIN) in carne ed ossa sui dino tek ??

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    16 hours ago, Madaj said:

    On Jan 28, 2020, ARK will be uninstalled.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

    Madaj of LEGACY-PrimitivePVE-OfficialServer477 out.

    Edit:
    I was there because i didint find Primitive servers on new clusters. This game lasted till now for me...

    I quit legacy 3 months ago when the writing was on the wall (and after I got raided by exploiting box tribes on extinction who stole years of work), but I started up recently on official and all the horror stories are unfounded. People are nicer in general, minus a few trollish highschoolers pretending to be adults, but mostly very nice people. Prices are a fraction of what they were on legacy, and the bred dinos are of a much higher caliber. In a lot of ways I wish I left legacy years ago had I known official wasn't the dumpster fire that some made it out to be.

    In time the ARK bug will bite you and you'll want to return. I've been playing since early access so I'm not some starry-eyed scrub.

    Point is, after playing all these years I came back a bit more than three weeks ago and already I'm established with everything but tek, which I'll probably have in a couple weeks once I get around to caving. It's amazing how fast you can get everything back when you know the exact path you need to take from scratch, but doing so on Valg helps quite a bit, as well as taking a retreat to extinction to grab a few gachas and snow owls. It might take a new player months and years to get anywhere, but its a cakewalk for those with experience, and then you'll forget legacy was even a thing.

     

    • Like 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

    Legacy se creó en lugar de una eliminación total cuando el juego se lanzó desde el acceso temprano. Los desarrolladores tenían claro que el legado recibiría 0 de soporte y sería asesinado lentamente. Si seguiste jugando en el legado, fue tu elección.

    Los servidores oficiales son gratuitos cuando compras el juego, pero los servidores no están garantizados. 

    Solución dada: los archivos guardados del servidor estaban / están 

    the server may not be guaranteed, but progress must be guaranteed without having to pay again to play ... Having to pay to play my game IS NOT A SOLUTION

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hey I got a question since primitive plus is always wack can wild card just put all the items we use in that like, food, furniture items, etc, and insert them into the main game? Then just get rid of primitive plus.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...