Jump to content


  • Community Crunch 199: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

    Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

    Mysterious_Transmission2.gif

     

    How perplexing, who can guess what this might be?


    On The Horizon

    High_resolution_wallpaper_background_ID_77701718619-1200x506.jpg

    Mesh Detection

    The engineers are hard at work on improving the mesh detection functionality.  While we aren't always vocal about our advancements in this area, we hope to share general information about the work that's being done in the near future.

    Enforcement

    If you know if someone abusing game systems, please report it by submitting a ticket.  Doing so helps us identify where the active issues are.  Our enforcement team is eager and ready to look into any tickets that are submitted.

     


    EVO Event

    Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

    Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 27th  of Sep at 1 PM EST until Monday the 30th of Sep at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

    • 2x Harvesting Rates
    • 2x Taming Rates
    • 2x EXP Rates

    Until next time!

    Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
    Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
    Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark


    • Like 2


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Maybe a predator shoulder plasma cannon thingy

     

    Edit:I think is a security camera that reports to HLN-A but people said that and I didn't want to seem like I was taking their idea.

    Edited by Carnotoast1017

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I think it is a cloaking device / camouflage projector- basicly used to hide your structures so it appears that nothing is built around the device.

    • Facepalm 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 hours ago, WafflePancake said:

    I think it would be cool to see some more Mythological creatures in the game. Like a Pegasus, Minotaur, Nemean Lion, etc, etc.

    while i respect the Greek mythology, dont forget theres also plenty to be gleaned from Egyptian, Norse, and roman mythologys etc. personally i think it would be cool to see a few addons like that.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I wonder if this ??? and the previous ??? are one and the same creature. It can morph from one form to another, we have already seen it with the teased ice creature so its not unheard of

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Guessing its either a turret, or a high powered spotlight. (kinda like the charge light)

     

    Or and this is a bit of a stretch, in the command and conquer red alert 2 they had prism towers that would do good damage but the beam they fire gets stronger from nearby towers. (seen below, skip to 1:49 to see one tower and watch to about 2:40 to see three) This is my guess but who  knows. Keep up the great work WC! :)

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Ughh more Tek stuff. Do not get me wrong I love the Tek stuff but come on. For 2 dlc now we have gotten scifi Tek stuff.  There is thousands of dinos and mythological creatures. You could give us so many cooler creatures instead of more tech stuff more tech stuff more tech stuff. Art maybe you could improve some of the things you've already given us like the DLCs that you started. We haven't gotten any good creatures that doesn't look like half robots or have Bionicle freaks in the last 2 updates the only new one we got is from a modded map that someone else already made. I know this is not a dinosaur game anymore, can't we just have a good update without all robots. You could work on quality-of-life issues. Or you could work on weapon restructuring AKA grenades do less damage than a bow, or the blasted reload glitch or one of a hundred other things that are good ideals but nobody uses them because they're either glitchy or they're not worth the materials to make them. Having said all that I do like the creatures from aberration and I like a few from Extinction. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    A craftable component to accompany HLN-A in assisting one towards their ultimate survival (strength,willpower,apathy), used to keep track of happenings in one location while in another, notification when eggs are about to hatch -timer, wild tame timer, places one has been, things done in said locations and...... notifications across servers.

    Exist like the the enforcer and scout yet once numerously  created/built and left to oversee, Genesis - a new beginning, makes for new players to ease into ark where as old Canon maps exist as more distinct game play than genesis being a calibration of all previous maps and content combined.

     brilliant marketing strategy, introduce a map that contains all the features and benefits of prior paid dlc's into one place, enticing new players to purchase the older dlc's to get  a more particular stylized game experience being that if such is so, each island-SC-Abb-ext being uniquely different with a host of different challenges to ones survival on each with genesis being an all in one.

    In short, A creature/mechanism  that can communicate with HLN-A and the player across each map to assist in different functions of gameplay. 

    The genesis trailer shows hlna teleport the player to one location "by mistake" then immediately teleport the player to a new location....the devs hinted at a like "story mode" with driven game play and guidance.

     

    This mysterious mystery most likely helps facilities that in some way...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, AcyanidePancake said:

    while i respect the Greek mythology, dont forget theres also plenty to be gleaned from Egyptian, Norse, and roman mythologys etc. personally i think it would be cool to see a few addons like that.

    The Olympus map just won the modding contest. It being a Greek themed map, they could add in a exclusive creature to that map, like they did with the Deino on Valguero. Assuming, that is, they follow tradition and make the winning mod map official.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    45 minutes ago, CaptainObvious said:

    Maybe they will finally fix whistling aggressive. Let’s not stay silent about this, it’s been years now

    What's wrong with it?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    This is probably a game camera meant to take pictures of anything that moves.  It can be used to let you know what dinos are roaming the area in which you put it or it could be used to see who is checking out your base at night.  Some of those lenses are probably infrared so that it can take clear pictures at night without giving away its presence.  My question would be do you have to go access it to get the pictures or can it be transmitted back to your base so that you can monitor it remotely?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    15 hours ago, Greatchawhee said:

    Ughh more Tek stuff. Do not get me wrong I love the Tek stuff but come on. For 2 dlc now we have gotten scifi Tek stuff.  There is thousands of dinos and mythological creatures. You could give us so many cooler creatures instead of more tech stuff more tech stuff more tech stuff. Art maybe you could improve some of the things you've already given us like the DLCs that you started. We haven't gotten any good creatures that doesn't look like half robots or have Bionicle freaks in the last 2 updates the only new one we got is from a modded map that someone else already made. I know this is not a dinosaur game anymore, can't we just have a good update without all robots. You could work on quality-of-life issues. Or you could work on weapon restructuring AKA grenades do less damage than a bow, or the blasted reload glitch or one of a hundred other things that are good ideals but nobody uses them because they're either glitchy or they're not worth the materials to make them. Having said all that I do like the creatures from aberration and I like a few from Extinction. 

    who says its going to be all tek stuff?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Aschran said:

    What does the tek code  say in the image ?

    It says "Data corruption detected" on the left and it's a code on the right which led to :

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 4/26/2019 at 2:36 PM, JohnnyWaffles said:

    Add a camera system to view raiders GT as well as their method for raiding your base.  Also to post a camera or two outside an enemy base to log their patterns and activity.

    My suggestion from April was a camera.  Could this be it?

    Edited by JohnnyWaffles
    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 9/24/2019 at 1:33 AM, GP said:

    Adding new dinos that would just do the same things as the dinos we already have would become boring very fast. Adding stuff like this, whatever it is, can add much more variety and encourage more people to get them or craft them rather than spend time going out and taming a dino that is the same as everything else.

    I think by now, after 3 DLCs and more to come that people should have come to terms with the fact this is not a 100% dino game.

    Adding new dinos (or wyverns, or critters in general) would not be boring. Crafting creatures isn't as satisfying as taming or breeding for new stats. Was disappointed that the only new creature in Valguero was the deinonychus. While cool, I was looking forward to taming some other creatures, or to have access to rock drakes on more than one map perhaps. I'd heard rumors of a forest dragon, or a water dragon before it came out. Also that some of the other creatures from pc mods might make an appearance, for example that giant crocodile one I forget the name of (not the Sarco, obviously). 

    Searching the new map for as yet undiscovered creature spawns and being the first or one of the first to have new creatures is the best part of the game. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    41 minutes ago, Only1Kaibert said:

    Adding new dinos (or wyverns, or critters in general) would not be boring. Crafting creatures isn't as satisfying as taming or breeding for new stats. Was disappointed that the only new creature in Valguero was the deinonychus. While cool, I was looking forward to taming some other creatures, or to have access to rock drakes on more than one map perhaps. I'd heard rumors of a forest dragon, or a water dragon before it came out. Also that some of the other creatures from pc mods might make an appearance, for example that giant crocodile one I forget the name of (not the Sarco, obviously). 

    Searching the new map for as yet undiscovered creature spawns and being the first or one of the first to have new creatures is the best part of the game. 

    Adding new dinos (i'm referring to real dinos, not dragons and stuff) would be more boring than anything else because they would all do the same thing in general as what the other dinos do. Adding other types of creatures whether mechanical, mythical etc would be much better because the Devs can give them abilities that make them different and therefore more worthwhile taming.

    • Like 3

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...