Jump to content


  • Community Crunch 190: Valguero for Console and Modding Contest Finalists

    Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

    Announcement Regarding Exploits

    It has been brought to our attention that there are some duping methods that are being exploited within the community.  The engineering team is looking at potential fixes and determining the next steps.  Exploits, like duping, are extremely important to resolve for a healthy community and we prefer to take action as swiftly as possible.  We will keep you updated as this situation evolves and let you know what to expect in the future as a result of these exploits.

    Valguero for Console

    header.jpg

    Valguero has reinvigorated the passion of the ARK community and we're excited to bring it to all of our XBOX and PS4 survivors! Valguero will arrive as a regular game update, similar to Ragnarok.  You won't need to download anything special from the marketplace to initiate the installation.  The update will begin to roll out on July 19th 17:00 UTC.  Check out the post below for any Valguero questions you might have!

     

     

     

    Modding Contest Finalist

    mapsbanner2.jpg.02bdce0adfee72f9e2c40feb

    The finalists for the ARK Modding contest have been declared and we are now in the spotlight phase of the contest. Over the next week, leading up to the public vote, we will be releasing small preview videos on all of the finalists. 
    The public vote begins on 07/21/2019 at 05:00 PM (PDT). Please check out these finalists and of course, Happy Modding!

    Map category finalists:


    Mod category finalists:

    Public Beta

    Thank you for your participation in the recent public beta!  Your feedback is valuable and has resulted in us tweaking the numbers even further on your behalf. Public betas seem to be a popular approach with the community, so we'll try to utilize this avenue more often when testing balance changes.  The feedback from the beta was compiled into a spreadsheet and shared with the dev team.

    Public Beta Responses (Google Sheets)

    There are a few other threads and topics (servers, events) that we will compile public response sheets for and share with the community in the near future.

     

    Legacy Server Saves

    For those affected by the recent server migration, the saves from those servers can be found below.  If you're looking for the NOTEK servers, they're under the "LIVE Legacy PVE" section.

    Current Server Backups

     

    Summer Bash (Rates) Extension

    ARK_SummerBash_FeatureImage.jpg

    We hope everyone is off to a great summer in ARK.  Due to the delay of the event on console, we'll be extending the rates of the event until the EVO event begins on July 19th.  The event content (skins, etc) will end on the previously communicated date, July 16th.

     

    EVO Event

    Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

    Survivors on all platforms (including Valguero) will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 19th of July at 1 PM EST until Monday the 22nd of July at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

    • 2x Harvesting Rates
    • 2x Taming Rates
    • 2x EXP Rates

    Until next time!

    Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
    Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
    Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

    All the best,
    Studio Wildcard

    Edited by StudioWildcard


    • Like 1


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

    The switch version aside, the console and steam versions from the Ark devs are basically the same. Steam is the only version with the mod workshop which is content NOT from the devs and has never been guaranteed to come to console.

    Yes I know mods are definitely a pc niche. I'm personally not salty about lack of mods, I do however strongly question the legitimacy of some other practices.

    Events: console players can pretty safely bet that events are late or will not happen at all for them.

    DLC: if my memory serves me right all dlc's have dropped well after pc.

    Classic PvP Cluster: the dev company creates a new PvP themed cluster to encourage the (pc) player base to come together like never before. Yet consoles don't receive this interaction?

    Mods: I'm not the least bit upset that there are mods out there that we console players don't get. However the structure plus mod that we did get was an incomplete version of it.

    Granted all of these things individually are probably not too big of a deal but when I step back and look at it as a whole I can't help but ask why?

    Edited by BrontoMan

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    i am not talking baout mods anymore, i swear u are as ddim as WC, i am talking bout WC treating console ark in general, late updates, constant push backs, promised stuff that turns out to be crapier than they let off or is never given to us, cough cough "valguero" cough cough "primal survival". and now they plan on making a "sequal" to ark, seriously, u expect us console players to fork out more money for an over priced buggy game, the only reason i still play ark is cause i wasted so much cash on it. i love ark and all, but i am sick to death of PC peopel getting all the good stuff while console players are constantly disregarded 

    • Facepalm 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    You need help, dude. If you hate playing yet play only because you spent so much money on it. Well then you need to consider why you would "play" a game. One plays a game to get a pleasant time. Have you heard the saying "cut your losses" I have many games I hated. I bought them hated them and stopped playing them. I uninstalled them. I didn't continue to spend time on it. Come on guy. You are an Ark site complaining about your situation. Just play something you like, and can enjoy. There is plenty of "free" games. Is Ark perfect? No . No it is not. But I enjoy it so I play it. I overlook the faults and focus on the things I like. Be positive.

    • Like 2
    • Thanks 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 7/16/2019 at 2:43 AM, butwhytho said:

    hi wil ark aditons get a port to consol ? it seams lik a grate mod and iz sponsord

    What's next ark comes alive. Fat chance

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

    i am not talking baout mods anymore, i swear u are as ddim as WC, i am talking bout WC treating console ark in general, late updates, constant push backs, promised stuff that turns out to be crapier than they let off or is never given to us, cough cough "valguero" cough cough "primal survival". and now they plan on making a "sequal" to ark, seriously, u expect us console players to fork out more money for an over priced buggy game, the only reason i still play ark is cause i wasted so much cash on it. i love ark and all, but i am sick to death of PC peopel getting all the good stuff while console players are constantly disregarded 

    Your interpretation of promised stuff is setting you up for failure, every time. How many times must I repeat that talking about something is not a guarantee that it’s happening. Where is your proof for their Ark 2 plan other than players discussing it in the forums? The only 1 mention of Ark 2 was from a community manager saying it was a possibility for the future. Let me reiterate, 1 time and by a community manager, not a lead developer.

    You keep bringing up Primal Survival as if the PC still have this. The originally developed game mode was put on hiatus over 2 years ago but you act as if PC gets to play it but it’s a reimagined mod that only PC unofficial can play. Remember, many PC players only play official so they too are excluded from mods. You and many others repeatedly forget that.

    Valguero was a mod that became official content. The mod creator never assumed it would get integrated into the base game either as with all community based mods. They continued to add content as a mod extension which I think is great but also note that these extras would never have come with the official content. Sure it’s a shame that we are missing a few things but that’s the trade off for mods becoming official content. Same thing happened with Ragnarok.

    Structures Plus was never going to be the full mod and the devs had repeatedly reiterated this. The break down of communication is down to the end user only hearing what they want to hear and then complaining that what they got wasn’t exactly how they thought it up in the head as if it’s anyone else’s problem but their own.

     

    • Like 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Greatchawhee said:

    You need help, dude. If you hate playing yet play only because you spent so much money on it. Well then you need to consider why you would "play" a game. One plays a game to get a pleasant time. Have you heard the saying "cut your losses" I have many games I hated. I bought them hated them and stopped playing them. I uninstalled them. I didn't continue to spend time on it. Come on guy. You are an Ark site complaining about your situation. Just play something you like, and can enjoy. There is plenty of "free" games. Is Ark perfect? No . No it is not. But I enjoy it so I play it. I overlook the faults and focus on the things I like. Be positive.

    I bought an Audi TT mk1 that I adored but due to mechanical failures and the eventual repair cost close to the value of the car, I scrapped it for £100. £5000 down the drain but boy was I happy to cut my losses.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, Greatchawhee said:

    You need help, dude. If you hate playing yet play only because you spent so much money on it. Well then you need to consider why you would "play" a game. One plays a game to get a pleasant time. Have you heard the saying "cut your losses" I have many games I hated. I bought them hated them and stopped playing them. I uninstalled them. I didn't continue to spend time on it. Come on guy. You are an Ark site complaining about your situation. Just play something you like, and can enjoy. There is plenty of "free" games. Is Ark perfect? No . No it is not. But I enjoy it so I play it. I overlook the faults and focus on the things I like. Be positive.

    again i like ark, i dont like the company, ark is the dream game i wanted, a survival dinosaur game, i just hate its devs are so god damn F****** ignorant to the community.

    1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

    Your interpretation of promised stuff is setting you up for failure, every time. How many times must I repeat that talking about something is not a guarantee that it’s happening. Where is your proof for their Ark 2 plan other than players discussing it in the forums? The only 1 mention of Ark 2 was from a community manager saying it was a possibility for the future. Let me reiterate, 1 time and by a community manager, not a lead developer.

    You keep bringing up Primal Survival as if the PC still have this. The originally developed game mode was put on hiatus over 2 years ago but you act as if PC gets to play it but it’s a reimagined mod that only PC unofficial can play. Remember, many PC players only play official so they too are excluded from mods. You and many others repeatedly forget that.

    Valguero was a mod that became official content. The mod creator never assumed it would get integrated into the base game either as with all community based mods. They continued to add content as a mod extension which I think is great but also note that these extras would never have come with the official content. Sure it’s a shame that we are missing a few things but that’s the trade off for mods becoming official content. Same thing happened with Ragnarok.

    Structures Plus was never going to be the full mod and the devs had repeatedly reiterated this. The break down of communication is down to the end user only hearing what they want to hear and then complaining that what they got wasn’t exactly how they thought it up in the head as if it’s anyone else’s problem but their own.

     

    even if it is not fully confirmed we know WC too well, snail games tried to make dark souls or what ever it names is popular, an early attemp at profiiting off of ark, then came ark park, which i admit is ok and good, then came pixark, now atlas, these were all cheap attempts to make money, knowing wild card they will make a sequal since that scene at the end of ark leaves the option wide open, it will most likely be a cheap unfinished remake or attempt at ark. again no real effort put in, and may i point out if they stopped wasting time on making these games they could have spent it fixing and improving ark, WC are living definitions or procrastinators. also there was a crunch for primal servial and even a wiki page. also again arks state has pushed people to boosted server gameplay or mods. so u saying official is more populated than the rest of ark is complete bull****.  i fell like going on but i need to finsih here for now.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    27 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

    even if it is not fully confirmed we know WC too well, snail games tried to make dark souls or what ever it names is popular, an early attemp at profiiting off of ark, then came ark park, which i admit is ok and good, then came pixark, now atlas, these were all cheap attempts to make money, knowing wild card they will make a sequal since that scene at the end of ark leaves the option wide open, it will most likely be a cheap unfinished remake or attempt at ark. again no real effort put in, and may i point out if they stopped wasting time on making these games they could have spent it fixing and improving ark, WC are living definitions or procrastinators.

    Snail Games own Ark’s IP. They are the ones who are making these games not Wildcard. Grapeshot made Atlas, which is still not Wildcard.

    also there was a crunch for primal servial and even a wiki page.

    And? Releasing a trailer and people adding something to an unofficial Wiki is not proof of Wildcard promising something.

    also again arks state has pushed people to boosted server gameplay or mods. so u saying official is more populated than the rest of ark is complete bull****.  i fell like going on but i need to finsih here for now.

    Please point where I said official was more populated? I said “Remember, many PC players only play official so they too are excluded from mods. You and many others repeatedly forget that.“

     

    • Thanks 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    You know. This is complete and utter bull.  Release a map early if your going to have an event. Now big tribes that couldnt get built up before dont have access to this event. Colors, breeding, rates. I'm on xbox btw. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Yo when is Valguero gonna drop for small tribes, it's out for everything else except small tribes this is so bull ugh hehe work hard wildcard

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 7/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, Caerbannog said:

     

    So no small tribes for console?! Was kinda expecting some I mean we kinda waited a month for them 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    We are in need of more SmallTribe servers for Valguero here on the Xbox One, so many players cant even get into one; this is getting ridiculous.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, SaltyHamster said:

    Where are the crossplay pve Valguero maps? I got today off so I could play but there not there 😢

    You would think that both the Windows 10 and Xbox versions would go live at the same time given that certification is through Microsoft on both, but nope. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 7/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, Caerbannog said:

     

    I spent 4 hours to get on a serv and that set us back so far I mean we didn’t get the base spot we wanted and our raft got raided in less than an hour 200 ppl on one small tribes serv is way too much!!!!! Make more small tribe servers for console 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Where is our x2 for valguero console? some servers do not have it possibly all of them

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I love playing crossark on pc and having to wait days and days for the update.

    Sigh.  I wish they understood the anguish when one member of the family can play but the other cannot.  Love this laggy piece of crap so much, but ugh it's hard to wait for these patches.  Just sad.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...