Jump to content

  • Community Crunch 172: Developer Stream Roundup and Switch Server Maintenance!

    Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

    ARK Developer Stream #1 VOD!

    On March 5th we had our first developer update stream in our new format! Thank you for joining us on Twitch if you were able to do so. In this stream we talked about the Homestead update, the mod program, as well as answered your questions from the Community Crunch and from chat. Going forward we will be continuing to stream when we've got new things to share with you. We won't have a dedicated schedule like we have in the past so stay tuned to the Crunch and our Twitter for information on when those take place.

    If you weren't able to catch the stream, you can watch the video on demand over on our YouTube channel.

    As previously mentioned the major topic of our stream was dedicated to discussing the new Homestead update which includes the integration of Structures Plus and the Kibble rework.

    If you're still confused about the kibble rework changes definitely check out Dododex and the ARK wiki for an in-depth dive into the new kibble system including new recipes for the new kibbles and which creatures prefer which kibble. Thank you to our community members for collecting this information for all survivors to benefit from. And we hope you have all been enjoying this quality of life update!

    Upcoming Server Maintenance!

    At 12:00pm Eastern on March 13th we will be taking down some of our Switch servers for maintenance. We expect maintenance to last for approximately 2 hours. Below is a list of all affected servers.

    Mod Community Updates!

    I've readied a new installment to our VSS project tutorials. Today we're covering the addition of a central targeting list managed by the tower. This backbone will make it possible to take the behavior of our mod in quite a few directions, so for anybody that is following along, please feel free to drop some ideas on behavior in the forum thread below. Happy Modding!

    Fan Feature of the Week!

    D1Ji1gIWsAAGmPa.jpg:large

    ARK Millennium Falcon by Sitharias

    Evolution Event!

    large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

    Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 15th of March at 1 PM EST until Monday the 18th of March at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

    • 2x Harvesting Rates
    • 2x Taming Rates
    • 2x EXP Rates

    That's it for this post!

    As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

    Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
    Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
    Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

    All the best,
    Studio Wildcard

    Edited by Jen




    User Feedback




    14 hours ago, Pookina said:

    Can you change Extraordinary Kibble back to titanboa eggs? Some players don't have access to drake or wyvern eggs and golden hesperornis eggs are extremely rare. This makes taming those creatures that take this kibble impossible as they take so much for a decent level.

    just go on rag stoopid

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    56 minutes ago, modufer said:

    just go on rag stoopid

    I don’t think a player can go to Ragnarok without ascending or entering a cheat code. 

     

    Maybe they should just remove the wyvern egg from the Extraordinary kibble and you can just use a hesperornis like players on the island. Obviously you see an imbalance in the difficulty and time between obtaining one vs the other. Players shouldn’t have to go to another map to obtain a resource that is used on their native map.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    25 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

    I don’t think a player can go to Ragnarok without ascending or entering a cheat code.

    Err, you can go to ragnarok at any point.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

    They’ve changed it again. I’ve made 5 extraordinary kibbles, because I wanted to experience it myself before being too critical. It wasn’t worth it and I got fed up and logged off early, which is something I never wanted to do on Ark before. The recipe required mutton and was made with mutton within the last 2 days, using a working dododex recipe.

    The recipe hasn't changed.  You were just making the Extraordinary Augmented Kibble, which was introduced with Extinction.  Different item.

    I don't disagree that the Extraordinary Kibble tier as a whole is completely borked for multiple reasons, though, as I've said more than once in the thread for the kibble rework beta.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    This community crunch only went over things that happened LAST WEEK, and doesn't address the switch version whatsoever and how it's been handling in such a slimy, disgusting, horrible way. Jen, why do you have to be so dishonest with the community?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    16 hours ago, Smashbox27 said:

    That's the whole point lol makes it a challenge

     

    makes sense, no one really wanted a kibble rework but it got reworked. Everyone wants undermapping to be fixed but wildcard does not fix it

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I was hopping to be able to flip things upside down like the pc mod s+ its just new pieces.. but features from the original s* are not there that got me app exited in the first place.  also more detective things for our bases would be nice..like in primitive plus. also I noticed the characters on atles look different then ark are you going to put it in ark too?  also after your done vexing the bugs in the game are you going to add any of the other sponsored mods? the titans also crash servers and make it lag so no one can do anything. fixing the way people paint there bases would be nice. the spray painter cant get everything.. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

    Err, you can go to ragnarok at any point.

    What’s the point of Ragnarok, as an endgame map then? I was under the impression that Gamma ascension unlocked The Center and Beta or higher unlocked Ragnarok.

     

    Padlock symbols appeared on both of those maps for me until I defeated the bosses and tek cave on single player. I even lost a PvP character because I accidentally transferred a character to a Rag server, it booted me out and wouldn’t ever let me log into it.

     

    1 hour ago, InfernoRodan said:

    The recipe hasn't changed.  You were just making the Extraordinary Augmented Kibble, which was introduced with Extinction.  Different item.

    I don't disagree that the Extraordinary Kibble tier as a whole is completely borked for multiple reasons, though, as I've said more than once in the thread for the kibble rework beta.

    The recipe changed on Dododex. Apparently I made all the augmented kibbles, but they seem to work as the new kibbles because I’ve used them to imprint. That makes it a bit more annoying that I’m hearing what little Allo kib I already had made won’t work to tame a Griffin or Tape, but the other crappy recipes work fine. That’s part of the problem, though. It’s such a code to find anything out. 

     

    Where are the official recipes, and where can I find out (for sure) whether the old premade kibbles will work for their previous designation? All I saw posted when they sprung the new recipes was a messy list of which creatures produced which kibble egg and which they preferred. I’ve relied on the Dododex for recipes, and posts by users here. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 hours ago, TNTKiller2001 said:

    The only one that is not worth accepting in this tier is the megalania. Griffins are the only flyers that you can shoot of their back, Thyla are powerful and an extremely good mount for travelling, Yutis are very important for boss fights and Rock Golems are beasts for soaking turrets

    Ur kidding right, the thyla is just as worthless as the megalania.  Their only purpose is to get a baby inside the snow/ice caves so u can loot em.  Outside of that they hav nearly 0 use.  If i wana get around i fly or use a spino.  Either way its outclassed massively.  As for other caves u should use a bary to deal with the water unless ur still looting and avoiding fights.

    The yuty, outside of boss battles this creature is worthless and from wat i hear the majority of the playerbase is unable to do boss battles because of the massive time sink involved in breeding a boss team.  Therefore to the majority of the playerbase the yuty is also worthless.

    The griffin, i wont argue being able 2 shoot while riding is nice and all(It definitely is more deserving then the previous creatures) but u hav to think tho, a griffin really superior then the wyverns ur using to craft the kibble?  The answer is an obvious h no.  Outside of taming the griffin has nothing over a wyvern or argy really.  Then most taming is best done in a trap then out in the field which lowers the use of the griffin massively.  What u find it more cost effective to bazooka that rex instead of using anything from the exceptional teir or a wyvern?  Doubtful.

    All of these creatures r out done b4 ur even at their kibble teir and they hav to lil use to merit this lvl of kibble.  An extraordinary creature should b awesome 100% of the time and an endgame creature.  It should not b a creature that is used rarely with 1 small purpose and it most definitely should not b getting outclassed by half of the other available creatures in most of its abilities.  Example most things kill better then a thyla, as for traversal, every bird is still flying and therefore a better scout.  Heck even a more tanky creature lik rex and spino has advantages over it because nothing wants to attack it plus they can get around at decent speeds.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

    What’s the point of Ragnarok, as an endgame map then? I was under the impression that Gamma ascension unlocked The Center and Beta or higher unlocked Ragnarok.

    It's a mod, not an official map. There's not supposed to be a point.

    Nope. You can simply start the map you want. Weird you had that problem.

    Edit: The old kibble works to tame. You can use Kairuku kibble to tame a dodo for example.

    Edited by Atlantis

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

    It's a mod, not an official map. There's not supposed to be a point.

    Nope. You can simply start the map you want. Weird you had that problem.

    Edit: The old kibble works to tame. You can use Kairuku kibble to tame a dodo for example.

    Ragnarok was a mod, but then an official version was adopted. One of my other accounts reveals this message:

     

    “You Need To Ascend Before Accessing This Ark.”

    Also, the Kairuku kibble was not for taming dodos. Dodos previously had no kibble. If the old kibbles work as their previous designation, Kairuku kibble would work to tame an Angler.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

    It's a mod, not an official map. There's not supposed to be a point.

    Nope. You can simply start the map you want. Weird you had that problem.

    Edit: The old kibble works to tame. You can use Kairuku kibble to tame a dodo for example.

    The map thing is a lie, u hav to beta ascend before u can play rag unless theyve changed it since i beta ascended b4.

     

    13 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

    What’s the point of Ragnarok, as an endgame map then? I was under the impression that Gamma ascension unlocked The Center and Beta or higher unlocked Ragnarok.

     

    Padlock symbols appeared on both of those maps for me until I defeated the bosses and tek cave on single player. I even lost a PvP character because I accidentally transferred a character to a Rag server, it booted me out and wouldn’t ever let me log into it.

     

    The recipe changed on Dododex. Apparently I made all the augmented kibbles, but they seem to work as the new kibbles because I’ve used them to imprint. That makes it a bit more annoying that I’m hearing what little Allo kib I already had made won’t work to tame a Griffin or Tape, but the other crappy recipes work fine. That’s part of the problem, though. It’s such a code to find anything out. 

     

    Where are the official recipes, and where can I find out (for sure) whether the old premade kibbles will work for their previous designation? All I saw posted when they sprung the new recipes was a messy list of which creatures produced which kibble egg and which they preferred. I’ve relied on the Dododex for recipes, and posts by users here. 

    I feel ur pain because so much was unexplained or still seems uncertain.  From what i hear the old kibble still works but is uncraftable now.  As for rag it is the most awesome map in the game.  I love the center and rag is lik the center and scorched fused together with some extra goodies.  Its the map im gona b living on mainly.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

    Ragnarok was a mod, but then an official version was adopted. One of my other accounts reveals this message:

     

    “You Need To Ascend Before Accessing This Ark.”

    Also, the Kairuku kibble was not for taming dodos. Dodos previously had no kibble. If the old kibbles work as their previous designation, Kairuku kibble would work to tame an Angler.

    Maybe, but it's not part of the story.

    I don't have a 2nd account to test that. I didn't ascend when I started on Ragnarok tho.

    I know that. Just saying it doesn't work as they did previously, you need to use the new kibble. For Anglers you now need to use regular kibble. But any regular you had from before works (like anky).

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hey wildcard, on ps4 extinction, some of the textures don't show up, plus fix

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

    Ur kidding right, the thyla is just as worthless as the megalania.  Their only purpose is to get a baby inside the snow/ice caves so u can loot em.  Outside of that they hav nearly 0 use.  If i wana get around i fly or use a spino.  Either way its outclassed massively.  As for other caves u should use a bary to deal with the water unless ur still looting and avoiding fights.

    The yuty, outside of boss battles this creature is worthless and from wat i hear the majority of the playerbase is unable to do boss battles because of the massive time sink involved in breeding a boss team.  Therefore to the majority of the playerbase the yuty is also worthless.

    The griffin, i wont argue being able 2 shoot while riding is nice and all(It definitely is more deserving then the previous creatures) but u hav to think tho, a griffin really superior then the wyverns ur using to craft the kibble?  The answer is an obvious h no.  Outside of taming the griffin has nothing over a wyvern or argy really.  Then most taming is best done in a trap then out in the field which lowers the use of the griffin massively.  What u find it more cost effective to bazooka that rex instead of using anything from the exceptional teir or a wyvern?  Doubtful.

    All of these creatures r out done b4 ur even at their kibble teir and they hav to lil use to merit this lvl of kibble.  An extraordinary creature should b awesome 100% of the time and an endgame creature.  It should not b a creature that is used rarely with 1 small purpose and it most definitely should not b getting outclassed by half of the other available creatures in most of its abilities.  Example most things kill better then a thyla, as for traversal, every bird is still flying and therefore a better scout.  Heck even a more tanky creature lik rex and spino has advantages over it because nothing wants to attack it plus they can get around at decent speeds

    I recommend a "How to play ARK and creatures benefits" session for you

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    55 minutes ago, TNTKiller2001 said:

    I recommend a "How to play ARK and creatures benefits" session for you

    I recommend a fanboy intervention for u.  Theres no way u can say any of those 4 creatures r more deserving then a giga or mosa for the ultimate kibble.  Iv already proven i understand these game mechanics rather well and stated other better options.  Best kibble should b for the best dinos.  Can u tell me how its better to fly and shoot tame something over the security of a trap?  Can u explain how a griffin can out combat a wyvern?  Can any of these creatures kill or go faster then a giga?  The giga is the 3rd fastest land mount in the game, tested and proved on YT.  The ability to climb walls is still nothing to flight except where u cant fly, being those 2 caves.  Spino is faster and more powerful and safer, yet the thyla who i would hardly use because its out done so much is considered mor valuable then this clearly superior creature.  Im a solo player, i do everything alone/without a tribe.  The fact iv beat every map soloinng it proves i know what im doing.  Everything is harder solo so im probably more adept at most things then u.  The fact ud rather insult me then discredit anything i said/hav a legit discussion how they r better is because u cant.  Now unless u can back up anything u said with actual facts and reasoning id prefer u dont reply.

    Edited by Onimusha759

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I don’t like the new kibble I wheather stay with the old kibble it is harder to tame anything with ur babies I have two inprint a cause the kibble is harder to make 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

    I recommend a fanboy intervention for u.  Theres no way u can say any of those 4 creatures r more deserving then a giga or mosa for the ultimate kibble.  Iv already proven i understand these game mechanics rather well and stated other better options.  Best kibble should b for the best dinos.  Can u tell me how its better to fly and shoot tame something over the security of a trap?  Can u explain how a griffin can out combat a wyvern?  Can any of these creatures kill or go faster then a giga?  The giga is the 3rd fastest land mount in the game, tested and proved on YT.  The ability to climb walls is still nothing to flight except where u cant fly, being those 2 caves.  Spino is faster and more powerful and safer, yet the thyla who i would hardly use because its out done so much is considered mor valuable then this clearly superior creature.  Im a solo player, i do everything alone/without a tribe.  The fact iv beat every map soloinng it proves i know what im doing.  Everything is harder solo so im probably more adept at most things then u.  The fact ud rather insult me then discredit anything i said/hav a legit discussion how they r better is because u cant.  Now unless u can back up anything u said with actual facts and reasoning id prefer u dont reply.

    The extraordinary kibble tier is for creatures based on their abilities/game mechanics, not their worth. Worthiness is subjective, abilities are factual.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    So are all the things still broken with the S+ mod and others going to be ignored, or is there a fix on the way?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    hi

    can we please have fix asap for the forges on primitive plus as the carbon, coal and clay does not go into the forges and it does stop progression in the game as you need steel for a lot of things

    Thanks

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hello, I'm new to the fact that the game after such a time is not a mockery to kill me dinozałr 5-10 level when I'm on 78 super but the last update is already passed the eggs themselves, 1 kettle is 2 dryer miens 3 is just the beginning . Where are the info with the broken egg which dinosaur has what zero info. Tagra was a test for the purchase of Atlas and as you think a test passed ................... in life I will not buy a new game from you with an early access since you can not control the word this write by Google tranzlator

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

    The extraordinary kibble tier is for creatures based on their abilities/game mechanics, not their worth. Worthiness is subjective, abilities are factual.

    Gigas have the ability and game mechanic to own and kill anything on the Extraordinary kibble list. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×