Jump to content

  • Community Crunch 149: Extinction Chronicles IV!

    Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

    Extinction Chronicles IV!

    Ark_ExtinctionChronicles.png

    Tomorrow there will be a client and server side update that will bring Extinction Chronicles IV to survivors on PC, Xbox, and PS4! 

    Leading up to the release of Extinction there will be monthly drops of Extinction-related Explorer Notes on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration. Once collected these notes will unlock new Extinction-related skins! 

    large.Para_1.jpg

    There will also be the appearance of more powerful Tek-themed Dinosaur variants within the ARKs each month. These Tek Dinos are permanent additions (meaning they will continue to spawn even after the event is over), with a new one beginning to appear each month.

    • In Extinction Chronicles I we released three Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Helmet and the Tek Rex.
    • In Extinction Chronicles II we released three Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Boots and the Tek Stego. 
    • In Extinction Chronicles III we released three Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Pants and the Tek Raptor.

    large.Corrput_Chest.jpg

    And now, tomorrow we're excited to bring you three new Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Shirt and a new Tek creature, the Tek Parasaur!

    corruptedArmor.pnglarge.shirt.pngCorrupt_Pants.pngCorruptedArmor_community.png

    In addition, special colored dinos will be populating the ARKs. You'll be able to find creatures sporting black and green for the next month beginning tomorrow. Be sure to take advantage of these special colors before they're extinct!

    Last but not least: just like we did last month, you can expect to see some more extinction screenshots tomorrow here on our forums! Be sure to check back for that.

    Patch Notes!

    Here are the full fixes and notes coming in tomorrows Extinction Chronicles IV update.

    Quote

    - Extinction Chronicles IV
                - Added Tek Parasaur
                    * New breeding line
                    * 5% chance to spawns
                    * 20% higher base level
                - Added new color set (green and black)
                - Added 3 new Explorer Notes and matching unlock (Corrupted Chest)
                - Increased maximum player level by 1
    - Hole fixes on The Island, Ragnarok, Scorched Earth, The Center, Aberration
    - Windmills are no longer affected by electric storms
    - Decreased Cliff Platform build radius by half

    Community Livestream #8 Roundup!

    On September 13th we had our seventh Community Livestream. Thank you to all of those who attended and participated! The community team had a lot of fun and we hope you did as well. If you weren't able to catch the stream you can watch the video-on-demand on our Twitch page or by clicking on the video below.

    Chris and Jen took on the stream without Josh this week who was moving apartments, and they were joined by the creators of the Dragonpunk Roleplaying Server. 

    The server utilises many mods from our Sponsored Mods program. It also has its own lore with the players actively contributing to its story and the progression of the server with everything they do!

    Chris and Jen then played a game of Hangman with the chat, utilizing in-game mechanics to send the guesser into the lava if they guessed wrong. Spoiler: Jen is much better at Hangman than Chris is.

    Things concluded with looking at fan submissions, including an amazing ARK cosplay!

    1743917488_submit_fan_creation(1).jpg

    We are accepting any type of ARK related fanart to be featured in the Showcase section of the stream and entries are always open. This can be drawings, videos, builds, ANSEL screenshots, handmade crafts, anything ARK related!

    You can submit your ARKwork to our streaming email address: [email protected]

    Be sure to follow us on our Twitch page so you don't miss a stream! twitch.tv/survivetheark

    We'll be hosting our next Community Live Stream on Thursday, September the 27th at 1PM EST! We hope to see you there :)

    Mod Community Updates!

    Good day modders, I have another tutorial prepared for you today; but before that, I want to remind everyone that the entry period for the contest is still open. You can continue to enter until October 6th! I have also received some questions about the video that was posted last week for the sponsored mod contest and I want everyone to know that the mods featured in it are not necessarily contestants. The mods shown were some of the great projects that the community has created and featured to get people interested in making mods if they aren't already, to show what has been possible thus far.

    By popular demand, very popular demand actually, we're going to cover some information on version control. Now, this is not a comprehensive tutorial on version control, as that would likely mean its own miniseries, but it should get you going so that you can feel more secure about your projects.

    ARK Digest Next Week!

    5ab961aa51651_F1r3fly-Adjustingthecamera-Freeform.jpg

    We'll be doing another ARK Digest post in the next Community Crunch! If you have a question you want answered by the ARK dev team please submit your questions with the Subject "ARK Q&A" to our email address: [email protected]

    The Great Migration #4: Inactive Legacy Server Removal

    large.594ef828430a1_F1r3fly-MigratingtoR

    This is the last reminder that we will be removing some of our lower population legacy ARK servers on Xbox and PS4 from our Official legacy network. This takes place next Monday!

    Here is a quick breakdown on how this process works:

    Taking Down Low Pop Servers
    With calculations based on sustained player-count as well as the popularity of game mode, we will be removing lower population legacy servers, most of which retain a 0-1 player concurrent population. These servers will be taken offline on September 24th. Any existing server that is not considered a low pop server and is not taken down at this time will still exist on the Legacy network.

    Legacy servers will continue to remain on a separate cluster from the new cluster, which means you will not be able to transfer anything between Legacy servers and the new servers.

    Servers Up for Deprecation
    Below is a complete list of the LEGACY servers that will be deprecated come September 24th. You have from now until then to move your belongings onto a server not present on this list. Please click one of the links below. They are separated by platform.

    How To Move Servers
    If you are unfamiliar with the process, you are able to upload your items, creatures, and player through the Obelisk terminal, supply drops, as well as the Tek Transmitter. Survivors are advised to use Cross-ARK immediately to relocate their belongings onto a server that is not included in our take-down list above.

    Server Saves of Deleted Servers
    We will make the save files available as soon as we can. We will host the PC files which anyone can download and then you are welcome to re-host the save file for your own use. We'll include a link to where you can download server saves in this post when they are available. Nitrado will also be able to provide the saves for use on Nitrado servers for console, as they have done in the past.You can see a list of our currently available depreciated official servers on this webpage: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/

    Fanart of the Week!

    996BC9330C23BF1AB762C670190EED7175DC8D7E

    Check out this awesome JW-style Allo done by milokamilo! Very impressive!

    ARK: Evolution Event!

    large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

    Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 21st of September at 1 PM EST until Monday the 24th of September at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

    2x Harvesting Rates
    2x Taming Rates
    2x EXP Rates

    That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

    Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
    Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
    Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

    All the best,
    Studio Wildcard

    Edited by Jen




    User Feedback




    5 hours ago, destructicon54 said:

    parasuars are used by many people

    Many bad people you mean? 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 hours ago, GP said:

    Unlikely, there's only a handful of tek dinos, I don't think there will be that sort of restriction.

    Meant more like abberation. Only non abberant versions of dinos could go in.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    20 hours ago, Dondark said:

    Realy, Tek parasaur? Wildcard knows people waiting Tek Giga,Quetzal,Mosa but they keep adding trash tek animal.
    Next Tek animal will be the trike just saying...

    I was hoping too the tek giga even teased a friend telling him it was the giga and started freaking out since had some dark memories when he lose his wyv to a giga. Maybe a tek otter would be more exciting

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, Nappy6609 said:

    To all of those who keep expecting a Tek Giga, Mosa or Quetzal, You are out of your mind. None of these creatures spawn on Aberration or Scorched which would enrage many survivors that only play there. In my opinion it was very clear from the start which 5 dinos would be used judging by map spawns, TLC re-work,  and of course the most popular dinos of all time.

    Stegos don't spawn on SE either... 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    20 hours ago, TankH said:

    Tek parasaur has to be the WORST addition. We've been waiting on the Tek Giga for ages. Now PvP'ers won't even have time to work on lines for it because we have to handle fighting over extinction map. I swear devs don't care for PvP. All the mods, etc, always for pve.

    The entire game is pvp focused and every nerf that hits us hrd is pvp focused bcus the lil girls on pvp cry a lot.  It wudnt b a problem if ppl on pvp werent all schoolyard bullies picking on each other or acting lik a spoiled brat watching the other kid build a castle with his blocks and thn running over and kicking it down.  Pvp in general is just bad blood and ill feelings, any1 who actually openly enjoys destroying others hrd work is saying, hey im a D head irl lol.  That said i agree the parasaur was the worst choice ever.  Theres no point in a tek version with btr lvls bcus it dsnt rly gain anything from it.  Extra hp, y it cnt fight, extra dmg, it still cnt fight, wild speed dnt help, oxygen, it cnt swim worth a darn, stamina, it dsnt need anymore.

     

    20 hours ago, rororoxor said:

    prob not cuz theres already a bionic skin

    U do realize every tek dino they released has a bionic skin already?  Rex is a trophy reward, stego, raptor and parasaur are buyable lil skins from the store.  WC is only releasing already existing tek/bionic dinos.  That said trike, giga, mosa, quetz should all b on the list too since they all hv bionic skins.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    21 hours ago, Dondark said:

    Realy, Tek parasaur? Wildcard knows people waiting Tek Giga,Quetzal,Mosa but they keep adding trash tek animal.
    Next Tek animal will be the trike just saying...

    They’re planning for their dlc delay lol give them a break 🤣🤣

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Just a shiny alarm system? I already kinda dislike tek dinos I still prefer the organic...please please please dont replace all with tek 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, Kai905 said:

    They’re planning for their dlc delay lol give them a break 🤣🤣

    On the hype train there is no break 😂

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I don't understand all the fuss about the Tek-Para. Yes it is a beginner dino, yes it is not a super strong killing maschine but it is one of the dinos that was ingame from the beginning. I think it looks pretty cool and it gives new players a chance on a Tek-Dino from the start. 

    Also how much Gigias there are on a map like the Island ? 2 ? Same with Quetz. Only the Mosa is more "common" but hard to tame for beginners. Sothe chances on getting a Tek-Giga ore Para are pretty low. I think the Para and how I guess the Trike are obvious choices and I am fine with that and people should not forget that WC probably keeps some newer Tek dinos in the back hand for the DLC.

     

    And a big reminder on those console players. You may have all the Bionic skins.. we PC players do not and now WC is simply keeping their promise to give us a chance on the skins.

     

    And yes I am normaly not a person that writes a lot of feedback but I really hate people that start to whine about stuff we get for free.  

    Edited by Vahilor

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

    The entire game is pvp focused and every nerf that hits us hrd is pvp focused bcus the lil girls on pvp cry a lot.  It wudnt b a problem if ppl on pvp werent all schoolyard bullies picking on each other or acting lik a spoiled brat watching the other kid build a castle with his blocks and thn running over and kicking it down.  Pvp in general is just bad blood and ill feelings, any1 who actually openly enjoys destroying others hrd work is saying, hey im a D head irl lol.

    for your information that is not entirely true, some of us who have a code of honor and a fair fight only raid for supplies and BPs, other then that pvp is to sharpen our skills and fight worthy opponents, i myself will not attack a base if it does not have any defenses, instead i will bust a wall and leave supplies and such to help that player build faster, i'll even leave a note saying if he wants help taming to give me a holler and i will help and leave my gamertag in the note.

     

    to all who are cry babying over the tek parasaur, stop being insecure and greedy, ya'll say wild card is greedy? i have never seen a game company tell players i want this i want that, i want more and more, ya'll ask and ask for things they can't do cause they are working on existing bionic skins although the tapi has a bionic saddle and the megalodon i doubt those would be done as tek dinos oh on a side note i also have the PC version and i can get all these tek skins even before these events, not on official though but my official days are done anyways, too busy for it with my 5 year old in school now.

    on a final note, GP nice call on those posts firing back, you should of done that a long time ago back during the flyer nerf and such. good job WC, you will have my support and my clan/ark group support till the day the servers shut down and we maybe and hopefully get a sequel to the game, lol

     

    oh forgot something else, as long as we are getting S+ and i especially like the other mods in the season 2 dragonpunk video, if we get those then this game just became the best out there even beating out conan exiles.

    Edited by Vegeta71

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I've noticed with the last two extiction chronicles that the corrupt skins are unobtainable in primitive plus which is a bit of a bummer.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I would be surprised if WC releases a tek variant quetz or giga. Simply for the fact that both as they normally are already have decent health. So add extra health on top of that with breeding capability, they would just end up nerfing the hell out of them as soon as an alpha on official gets raided by a tribe using them. Although, the release of the tek rex pretty much renders the original rex useless in comparison so who knows. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    21 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

    I would be surprised if WC releases a tek variant quetz or giga. Simply for the fact that both as they normally are already have decent health. So add extra health on top of that with breeding capability, they would just end up nerfing the hell out of them as soon as an alpha on official gets raided by a tribe using them. Although, the release of the tek rex pretty much renders the original rex useless in comparison so who knows. 

    Not really. The Tek variants have the same base stats, they just spawn at higher level. Take in example a Tek level 180 tamed with 100% effectiveness would tame at level 270 while a regular 150 one would tame at 225 which means they have the potential to have 45 extra points. 45 generated into the 7 stats means an average of 5 extra points each. In short, taming a 180 Tek have the chance to give you 2.5 mutations worth per stat, how did they render the actual dozens of mutated stats being traded all over the place already useless? If anything, you have 95% more chance to find max level regular ones which mean you would progress faster your breeding line than going for Tek.

    Edited by invincibleqc

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

    Not really. The Tek variants have the same base stats, they just spawn at higher level. Take in example a Tek level 180 tamed with 100% effectiveness would tame at level 270 while a regular 150 one would tame at 225 which means they have the potential to have 45 extra points. 45 generated into the 7 stats means an average of 5 extra points each. In short, taming a 180 Tek have the chance to give you 2.5 mutations worth per stat, how did they render the actual dozens of mutated stats being traded all over the place already useless? If anything, you have 95% more chance to find max level regular ones which mean you would progress faster your breeding line than going for Tek.

    I know the stats matter more than level, for instance when I kibble tamed a 135 regular rex that came out with 11k health and 374 melee- automatic breeder right there more than worthy of boss fights. However, when I tamed a level 180 tek rex it came out with over 14k health and over 400 melee, so I feel like the further spaced the levels are, it does start to impact the stats some. I doubt any level 95 to level 120 has tamed from wild with close to that. 

    On another note, if they all have the same base levels, then why was the tek rex announced as "more powerful" by WC? Or are we now talking just in terms of damage output with zero impact on stats?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

    I know the stats matter more than level, for instance when I kibble tamed a 135 regular rex that came out with 11k health and 374 melee- automatic breeder right there more than worthy of boss fights. However, when I tamed a level 180 tek rex it came out with over 14k health and over 400 melee, so I feel like the further spaced the levels are, it does start to impact the stats some. I doubt any level 95 to level 120 has tamed from wild with close to that.

    The stats doesn't really matter more than the level because they are both the same. The level of a creature is just a reflection of all the points allocated into the 7 categories (6 for flyers) + 1 (base level). A level 270 tamed Tek will have 269 points distributed just like a bred regular hatching at level 270. They could even both have the exact same stats if they both have the points distributed the same way. The only reason why Tek could be considered better, is if you are starting a fresh breeding line, otherwise your already level 300+ bred ones are already stronger than you 270 tamed, etc.

    9 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

    On another note, if they all have the same base levels, then why was the tek rex announced as "more powerful" by WC? Or are we now talking just in terms of damage output with zero impact on stats?

    The way it was initially announced was misleading, in my opinion. They are not "more powerful", they just spawn with 20% higher level. Their stat values per points are the exact same. EDIT: Well, they are technically more powerful; when wild. No difference comparing tamed Tek vs Bred regular. The only difference is that you will have less chance to find decent stats for Tek because they are 20 times rarer but can get 20% more points.

    Edited by invincibleqc

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    25 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

    The stats doesn't really matter more than the level because they are both the same. The level of a creature is just a reflection of all the points allocated into the 7 categories (6 for flyers) + 1 (base level). A level 270 tamed Tek will have 269 points distributed just like a bred regular hatching at level 270. They could even both have the exact same stats if they both have the points distributed the same way. The only reason why Tek could be considered better, is if you are starting a fresh breeding line, otherwise your already level 300+ bred ones are already stronger than you 270 tamed, etc.

    The way it was initially announced was misleading, in my opinion. They are not "more powerful", they just spawn with 20% higher level. Their stat values per points are the exact same. EDIT: Well, they are technically more powerful; when wild. No difference comparing tamed Tek vs Bred regular. The only difference is that you will have less chance to find decent stats for Tek because they are 20 times rarer but can get 20% more points.

    So are you suggesting that if the same amount of time was invested in breeding the 270 Tek line as people have into their already 300+ regular line, that the Tek line would not surpass the regular line in terms of stats given all things were the same as far as kibble tamed and full imprints across the board?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    22 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

    So are you suggesting that if the same amount of time was invested in breeding the 270 Tek line as people have into their already 300+ regular line, that the Tek line would not surpass the regular line in terms of stats given all things were the same as far as kibble tamed and full imprints across the board?

    I don't think you can really compare them. I mean, the time it would take you to find insane stats for the Tek considering the fact that they are rare, might be negated by the time it would take you to mutate regular ones right away. One would take longer to find base stats and start mutating while the other would take longer to mutate and both are basically RNG games in the end. The limit of points is still 255 per stat and 450 total on officials so they would technically be the exact same once maxed. The Tek variant are really just reskin of their regular counterpart with 20% higher base level. The stats values, etc. are all the same. A level 1 Tek vs a level 1 regular would be a tie fight. So yeah, releasing Quetzal or Giga would not make them OP compared to what is already being bred.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    35 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

    I don't think you can really compare them. I mean, the time it would take you to find insane stats for the Tek considering the fact that they are rare, might be negated by the time it would take you to mutate regular ones right away. One would take longer to find base stats and start mutating while the other would take longer to mutate and both are basically RNG games in the end. The limit of points is still 255 per stat and 450 total on officials so they would technically be the exact same once maxed. The Tek variant are really just reskin of their regular counterpart with 20% higher base level. The stats values, etc. are all the same. A level 1 Tek vs a level 1 regular would be a tie fight. So yeah, releasing Quetzal or Giga would not make them OP compared to what is already being bred.

    Thanks for clearing that up. And yes, saying the tek variant is more powerful is slightly misleading. You wouldn't believe how many I've seen essentially retiring their regular lines to start fresh with tek. I guess when it comes down to it, the tek variant is more of a trophy dino since there's no real added advantage. I must have got lucky with the stats on my tek rexes taming at 3k higher health and 30 higher melee without breeding compared to my best hatches after 6 months of breeding before imprint at 11k health and 374 melee and I only spent 2 weeks looking for them. 

    Edit: for clarification, 6 months of breeding the regular rexes I've yet to see an increase in the hatched health and melee whereas after spending a couple weeks taming tek rexes I get the higher stats. To me, any rex hatching at 9k health and 300 or more melee is boss fight potential so to get the tek variant with an immediate 14k health and 400+ melee was the reason I viewed a release of tek Quetz and Giga being too OP. However those 2 tames are more rare to tame with 100% effectiveness let alone breed with full imprint compared to rex anyway so I guess the rarity would balance out any potential for being too OP. 

    Edited by Myosapien

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Yay, a Tek Parasaur. For those of you who didn't want to spend 2.99 for the skin. What a joke. I'm not going out to tame that, I didn't even tame any of the tek raptors. Lets see another 2x harvest, tame and exp weekend. Well that might be useful to tame squids to tame mosas because its something to do that isn't a breeding event. Also, I wouldn't call the patch a fix more like an increase of lag. 

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    34 minutes ago, JuggaloCard said:

    Yay, a Tek Parasaur. For those of you who didn't want to spend 2.99 for the skin. What a joke. I'm not going out to tame that, I didn't even tame any of the tek raptors. Lets see another 2x harvest, tame and exp weekend. Well that might be useful to tame squids to tame mosas because its something to do that isn't a breeding event. Also, I wouldn't call the patch a fix more like an increase of lag. 

    For many of us the skins weren't even available to purchase so it's nice to finally be getting the Tek dinos.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×