Jump to content

  • Brand New Extinction Teasers!

    Happy Patch Day, Survivors! It's Tuesday and ARK's latest is live. 

    In celebration of the patch today we're sharing what we have been working on: some more brand new previews of our upcoming expansion pack ARK: Extinction. Check out the images below for a sneak peak at what you can expect to see on planet Earth!

    large.ExtinctionT1.jpg

    In Extinction, Earth has become an Element-infested planet filled with fantastical creatures both organic and technological. Element has ravaged the planet and corrupted both the landscape and some of its inhabitants, causing mutations in the creatures and plants that can be found there.

    large.ExtinctionT2_final.jpg

    We look forward to sharing more in the months ahead as we work towards our Extinction release!

    Our Extinction Chronicles IV event is going on right now (PS4 coming soon), including new Corrupted skin, Explorer Notes, and Tek dinos. You can read all about it in yesterdays Community Crunch announcement: 

     

    Edited by Jen




    User Feedback




    28 minutes ago, GP said:

    Where has it been mentioned that there are two types of element infected creatures where one is corrupted the other is not?

    well corrupted is purple. wyrms have glowing blue on their bellys, so do gasbags, if they were corrupted they would be untamable, therfore, there are two types of element infected creatures

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    those arn't wyverns! they're wyrms! i doubt extinction would have wyverns AND wyrms. wyrms must have multiple types, that would explain why they look different from the torn dossier

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    41 minutes ago, GP said:

    Where has it been mentioned that there are two types of element infected creatures where one is corrupted the other is not?

    https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/
    This is where I got the behavior from Corrupted creatures.
    Everything that we've seen to be confirmed as "Corrupted" has been purple so far.
    The purple element is also the stuff that murders you.
    Blue element is what safely recharges your tek gear instead of dissolving it in 2 seconds.

    In Rockwell's mind, the purple element was "better" and more "pure" than the blue element(what we use, all glowing parts of tek are blue unless dyed)
    Considering that Rockwell wanted to use the element to "ascend" creatures, and the purple element suited his goals better, I'd say it's safe that the purple glows imply a more dangerous form.

    Keep in mind that lots of creatures shown so far naturally have a blue glow, and corrupted creatures are supposed to be a variant of other creatures.

    The Titan shown in the trailer has blue glows ONLY where the corruption hasn't spread to yet.

    While it's not explicitly stated, it's very highly probable that the difference in colors is important.

    Edited by TinyHippo

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

    those arn't wyverns! they're wyrms! i doubt extinction would have wyverns AND wyrms. wyrms must have multiple types, that would explain why they look different from the torn dossier

    I'd say that if you went to singleplayer and spawned in a fire wyvern and let if fly in the sky and looked up at it, it'd look identical to the one seen in the picture.
    Also, the area it's in is reminiscent of aberration.
    I'm pretty hopeful we will actually be getting stuff from the other dlcs in extinction.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, TinyHippo said:

    https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/
    This is where I got the behavior from Corrupted creatures.
    Everything that we've seen to be confirmed as "Corrupted" has been purple so far.
    The purple element is also the stuff that murders you.
    Blue element is what safely recharges your tek gear instead of dissolving it in 2 seconds.

    In Rockwell's mind, the purple element was "better" and more "pure" than the blue element(what we use, all glowing parts of tek are blue unless dyed)
    Considering that Rockwell wanted to use the element to "ascend" creatures, and the purple element suited his goals better, I'd say it's safe that the purple glows imply a more dangerous form.

    Keep in mind that lots of creatures shown so far naturally have a blue glow, and corrupted creatures are supposed to be a variant of other creatures.

    The Titan shown in the trailer has blue glows ONLY where the corruption hasn't spread to yet.

    While it's not explicitly stated, it's very highly probable that the difference in colors is important.

    Sounds very plausible. 👍

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    49 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

    I'd say that if you went to singleplayer and spawned in a fire wyvern and let if fly in the sky and looked up at it, it'd look identical to the one seen in the picture.
    Also, the area it's in is reminiscent of aberration.
    I'm pretty hopeful we will actually be getting stuff from the other dlcs in extinction.

    except wyverns don't glow. if you look at the torn dossier, the glow on the belly of the creature in the pic matches the glow on the belly of the wyrm in the torn dossier

    Edited by destructicon54

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

    except wyverns don't glow. if you look at the ton dossier, the glow on the belly of the creature in the pic matches the glow on the belly of the wyrm in the torn dossier

    I'm not seeing the glow.
    There are a few spots on it that kinda resemble glowing, but those are so tiny they could just be artifacts of the screenshot.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, destructicon54 said:

    no the glow runs down the entire body

    That looks like the light from the obelisk shining off it to me.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, destructicon54 said:

    well then there would have to be something reflective on the body of the wyvern/wyrm

    Like the scales?
    I think that when I'm able, I'll just spawn a fire wyvern in and play around with it for a bit to see if light reflects off like that and compare the shapes.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I also assumed it was just light reflection on the underbelly, but unless we get a closer look its down to interpretation for now.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    i wonder what that capsule in the second photo is. maybe that is the kind of loot drop that happens on extinction. the loot drops in the other ARKs came from the mothership above each ARK. but we don't even know if extinction IS an ARK. or maybe we just got a glimpse of "the weapon long lost since". or maybe its just a random ruin

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    so we saw one titan in the snow, one in the forest, and I am sure that the next one will be a water titan, I pray to be one ! My hope dies last! (the next image is from reddit 

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 9/18/2018 at 7:25 PM, Dubs833 said:

    ok i might be high or does the first pic show some sort of tree elemental?

     

    It’s Groot! 😁

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, shoetrax said:

    so we saw one titan in the snow, one in the forest, and I am sure that the next one will be a water titan, I pray to be one ! My hope dies last! (the next image is from reddit 

     

    In the place before the Overseer fight, we see holographic versions of Earth.
    Now, it's been a while since I've looked at those, and perhaps I suck at reading planets, but it seemed to me that most of the water was gone.
    This wouldn't exactly bode well for massive water creatures.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    it looks way to small to even be considered a corrupted reaper. this "Cave beast" looks more like a dilo, they have roughly the same stature

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

    In the place before the Overseer fight, we see holographic versions of Earth.
    Now, it's been a while since I've looked at those, and perhaps I suck at reading planets, but it seemed to me that most of the water was gone.
    This wouldn't exactly bode well for massive water creatures.

    I hope that there's water, at least a lake. there's snow and forest areas so i'm guessing that there will at least be a lake, but this is just pure speculation

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×