ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!
We’re very excited to announce that the patch is now live! This will bring a heavy update to the Xbox One, including a plethora of content and mega optimization! The ARK will be joined by 3 new friends, many new items and of course the exciting multiplayer functionality, split-screen! We know this has been a highly requested feature from players and we're stoked to allow you guys to unravel the mysteries of the ARK side by side with your friends and families!
Say hello to the adaptable carnivore! The Dimetrodon offers players shade during excessive heat and shelter from extreme cold by way of the massive insulating sail running down its back. It’s regarded as one of the friendly creatures to survivors and can be found roaming the swamplands that are plentiful with small prey.
The Dung Beetle is a wondrous organic biofactory that eats excrement and other useless waste to then metabolize and produce burnable oil that can power generators and fertilize crops! Regarded as the perfect tame for cleaning up around the tribe’s dino-pen.
It’ll come as no surprise to survivors that the Gallimimus has been often been described as being chicken-like, with it’s extremely skittish behaviour, looking nervous even when eating! The speedy herbivore makes its way onto the ARK with no natural way to defend itself except for running away. Thankfully the Gallimimus may very well be the fastest dinosaur on the ARK, it's strength, endurance, and speed of its legs allow it to ferry up to 3 Survivors in a specially-designed Saddle!
Today’s update adds an enormous amount of content and optimization, including:
- SWAT-style Assault Armor for all your raiding needs!
- Greenhouse structure pieces to aid survivors in growing crops
- The shockingly powerful Electric Prod easily capable of knocking you out.
- Deep-Sea Loot Crates: swim into the deep and discover the highly valuable loot that exists below
- Craftable Beer Kegs for making tasty brews, with various status enhancing effects, however the subsequent ‘hangover’ effects are not so pleasant!
- Loads of bug fixes, serious performance update (~15%), fixed memory leak
- Non-dedicated servers now support up to Eight survivors and 33% larger tether distance
and for a review of the patch, tune in now on www.twitch.tv/ign for a Patch-Review with Jesse and Ryan McCaffrey!
See you on the ARK Survivors!
Edited by Jat