The Season 1 trailer has dropped!
Featuring an unparalled voice cast with the talents of Michelle Yeoh, Gerard Butler, Russell Crowe, and Executive Produced by Vin Diesel, ARK: The Animated Series is an adaptation of the hit video game. In a sweeping story that spans eons of human & world history, 21st century paleontologist Helena Walker finds herself resurrected on a mysterious primeval land after tragedy. There she must learn to survive and find new allies, or die again at the hands of ruthless warlords -- all while trying to uncover the true nature of their strange new world. ARK: The Animated Series will release on a to-be-announced platform in 2023. Join us then for an ageless adventure beyond life & death itself!
(in alphabetical order)
● Dee Bradley Baker vocalizes many of the ARK's furry and scaly creature friends.
● Monica Bellucci plays Cassia Virila, a strong-willed Roman noblewoman during the Augustan Empire.
● Gerard Butler plays General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
● Devery Jacobs plays Alasie, a peppy 17th century Inuit teenager, now finding her place on the ARK.
● Cissy Jones plays The Gladiatrix, a formidable commander in Nerva's army.
● Madeleine Madden plays 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, newly awoken on the ARK.
● Deborah Mailman plays Deborah Walker, a 21st century Aboriginal Australian activist, and mother to Helena Walker.
● Zahn McClarnon plays Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
● Malcolm McDowell plays Senator Lucius Cassius Virilis, a manipulative aristocrat during the reign of Caesar Augustus.
● Juliet Mills plays Chava, a wise healer and village councilmember.
● Elliot Page plays Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian aid worker, and wife of Helena Walker.
● Ragga Ragnars plays Queen Sigrid, a bellicose 10th century Viking warlord.
● David Tennant plays Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th century scientist harboring dark ambitions.
● Alan Tudyk plays The Captain, a crusty buccaneer who profitably sails the dangerous waters around the ARK.
● Karl Urban plays Bob, a recent square-jawed ARK arrival.
● Jeffrey Wright plays Henry Townsend, an 18th century American watchmaker and Patriot spy.
● Michelle Yeoh plays Meiyin Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader, known on the ARK by her reputation as the formidable “Beast Queen.”
● Ron Yuan plays Han Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader and brother to Meiyin.
● With Russell Crowe playing Kor the Prophet, an eccentric ‘dino-whisperer’ hailing from a time before recorded history.
● And Vin Diesel playing 24th century ‘Mek’-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter Santiago.
Series written by Marguerite Bennett and Kendall Deacon Davis, with fully-orchestrated music by Gareth Coker.
We are so thrilled to share this trailer with our community today!
In honor of the venerable Bob and his loyal Cult Of Bob followers, we offer a still of their handsome Supreme Leader. Praise Bob!
Mei-Yin Li and her beloved raptor, Wuzhui, face down Nerva!
We are excited to announce that ARK: The Survival of the Fittest prototype is now available on Steam! Click here to download it!
‘ARK: The Survival of the Fittest’ is a prototype spin-off of ARK: Survival Evolved, pitting up to 60 combatants against each other in a fast-paced, action-packed struggle for survival, where players are ultimately pushed into an epic final showdown leading their Dinosaur Armies into battle. ARK TSOTF is the only Battle Royale that focuses on large-scale creature-army confrontations, combined with a unique Real Time Strategy overlay. By using tactics and strategy to assemble a fighting-force of history’s most powerful primeval creatures, only one tribe will survive!
Form your tribe and fight in the ultimate battle of Dino Survival! Designed for intense competition and fast-paced dino action, survivors begin their match in a TEK-imbued sky lobby to tribe up. When the battle begins, they’ll fly towards an island aboard a giant Quetzal before ejecting and gliding towards their chosen starting area. Do competitors dash for drops and fight it out? Do they run into the jungle and hide, search for creatures to tame, and rapidly build their Dino Army, or do they die to a pack of curious Compys? Make use of the birds-eye-view mode, which allows you more effectively Command-&-Control your army of dinosaurs, directly possess individual upgradeable creatures, and issue commands to your team as the ultimate strategist. This unique RTS-style experience is available in-life and also after-death! Avoid the continually shrinking and dynamic “ring of death” that forces contestants ever closer together over time and become the last tribe standing. The hunt is on!
Please note: this version is currently only a prototype to test out the new gameplay and features – it is not yet a fully-featured competitive game. Nevertheless, we encourage all survivors to play and provide us feedback to help further develop and grow TSOTF!
While the core goal of The Survival of the Fittest remains the same, we’ve gone back to the drawing board and introduced a significant number of technical/quality of life/balance changes to the game mode that differs from ARK: Survival Evolved and the original version of Survival of the Fittest. These changes aim to make the experience more streamlined and accessible, eliminating the complex aspects of crafting & the steep learning curve, and empowering players to quickly form their Dino Armies and get to the creature-action faster.
- ARK re-designed from the ground up, focusing on fast-paced gameplay and intense combat around large-scale creature battles
- A whopping 88 dinosaurs and creatures at launch!
- A simplified version of The Island from ARK: Survival Evolved
- Solo and Tribe based game modes
- Overhaul UI/UX Experience to communicate only what is essential and gamepad friendly.
- Inventory Management has been completely removed for a simpler and quicker gameplay experience.
- Looting-focused design - Harvesting has been removed and replaced with tier-based supply crates where items are rewarded to all members of your tribe or killing dinos for your own additional resources.
- Weapons and armor have been modified and rebalanced for the ultimate fast pace experience and uncomplicated player progression.
- New timing system: kill creatures for tokens and then spend those tokens on taming new wilds or stealing downed tames from your enemies!
- Commander Mode. A birds-eye-view mode that can be entered at any time of the game, allowing you to control your army of dinosaurs (RTS style) more effectively, directly possess individual creatures within your arsenal, and issue commands to your team as the ultimate strategist (including an ally-driven fog of war). Thus after a player has died, they can still participate in the match as a commander and continue to control and possess the team’s Dinosaur – they can continue to play and benefit their team! A team is only fully defeated once they have had all their Players AND their Dinosaurs destroyed.
- Dino Tier System - Dinos are rewarded for their kills with EXP to advance them to a new tier providing them with fixed statistical benefits and eliminating dino-level RNG.
- Dynamic “ring of death” unique to each round enabling emergent gameplay and unpredictable advantages
- An intelligent Pinging System to help communicate within teams
- Custom-Painted “War Banners” enable Tribes to show off their team spirit on Flags across their army of Dinosaurs!
- Summon bosses of the ARK to strengthen your arsenal in this ultimate Dino Army experience
- A custom live-orchestrated soundtrack was written by award-winning composer Gareth Coker of Ori and the Blind Forest and ARK: The Animated Series.
As always, we’re looking forward to seeing your community-created content, collecting your feedback, and participating in the action as well! With fast-paced gameplay and intense combat focused on large-scale creature battles, The Survival of the Fittest is the ultimate test of skill and strategy! We’ll see you out there on its primal battlefield!
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg