We’re very excited to announce that the world of ARK: Survival Evolved is coming to mobile! Thanks to the efforts of veteran mobile developer War Drum Studios (the team behind the mobile versions of Bully, Grand Theft Auto, and Auralux), gamers will be able to join the massively multiplayer survival experience that is ARK right from their mobile devices!
All gameplay footage for this trailer was recorded live using an iPhone 8.
Designed and developed by War Drum Studios, ARK: Survival Evolved mobile is free-to-play and puts the dino-taming adventure in the palm of your hand, letting you join forces with tens of thousands of other mobile survivors. This on-the-go version of ARK features the online survival experience contained in the PC and console versions of ARK, including a gigantic island to explore, 80+ dinosaurs and primeval creatures to tame and train, multiplayer tribe mechanics, and of course, crafting and building!
Mobile features include:
- Taming: Use cunning strategy and tactics to befriend, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- Discover: Unearth rare blueprints and Explorer Notes written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, detailing the mysterious Island’s creatures and backstory.
- Craft and build: Using any means necessary - survive, craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities.
- Plant, harvest, build, level-up, and customize everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons, both primitive and modern.
- Play alone or team up to survive: Team up with, or prey on, up to 50 other players in a large-scale multiplayer online first-person environment, or choose single player mode to test your mettle against the world solo.
- Join a tribe: The 'Tribe' system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, experience points, and re-spawn points.
While maintaining the true ARK experience players have come to know and love, this mobilized version of the game has been completely adapted for handheld touch devices allowing for the ultimate survival experience on a mobile device. This includes faster paced gameplay, a unique user interface and a specialised control setup developed specifically for the mobile game.
The mobile version also offers optional upgrades survivors can acquire using special in-game resources that will allow players to progress faster, obtain certain buffs for periods of time, build special crafting structures, and even bring your beloved tames back from the dead!
You can pre-register now to stay in-the-know with the mobile version of ARK: Survival Evolved. Keep informed about the beta, release date, special offers and more! There may even be some day 1 in-game bonuses thrown in to the mix for those Survivors that Pre-Register!
Just head over to http://playark.com/mobile/
In extra special news, War Drum will also be launching a limited closed beta on iOS, with a full worldwide launch anticipated later this Spring on the iOS App Store and Google Play Store. Interested ARK survivors can visit the link below to sign up for news on the game’s development and for a chance to participate in the ARK closed beta!
For additional information on the closed beta you can read the Frequently Asked Questions page here:
The ARK mobile community will exist here on survivetheark.com with its own dedicated News and Forum section that will be moderated by War Drum. Chat with the mobile developers, other mobile survivors, report issues, and offer feedback in the forum section below:
For the latest updates on ARK mobile, you can follow @PlayARKmobile at the links below:
And make sure to sign up for the beta today!