Jump to content


  • ARK II & ARK: The Animated Series

    ARK II

    ARK II, Sequel to the Multi-Platinum Dinosaur Franchise has been announced with major moves to expand the iconic survival universe! We’re so excited to share the trailer with you!
     

     

    ARK II thrusts players into a brutal new world of primitive survival against both beast and man, facing down the ever-present threats of hyper-realistic intelligent dinosaurs, aggressive alien fauna, and the exotic environments of an unearthly planet. Survivors will continue ARK's dramatic eons-spanning story of humankind's evolution, in this next-generation sandbox survival experience!

    ARK2_Screenshots2_1.png

     

    Catch the Official full length high-resolution trailer featuring Vin Diesel as the hero protagonist, Santiago

    ARK2_Screenshots2_2.png

    Finally, here's a special treat from Gareth Coker, the first two Official tracks from the ARK II soundtrack!

    ARK: Animated Series

    ARKTV_PosterLogo.pngStudio Wildcard has partnered with acclaimed director Jay Oliva (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox) to executive produce and co-showrun an original animated television series based on the hit video game ARK: Survival Evolved.

    Created and executive produced by the game’s creators Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak and associate produced by the game’s product managers, Jatheish K and Ihriel E, ARK: The Animated Series is currently composed of fourteen 30-minute episodes and has two seasons currently in production in anticipation of a 2022 launch. 

    Marguerite Bennett (Batwoman, DC’s Bombshells, Batman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Josie and the Pussycats) and Kendall Deacon Davis (Halo 4, The Wolf Among Us, Honor of Kings) are the lead writers for ARK: The Animated Series, which features an extraordinary voice cast!

     

     

    Voice talent and character descriptions, in alphabetical order:

    • Gerard Butler plays General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
    • Devery Jacobs plays Alasie, a peppy 17th century Inuit teenager, now finding her place on the ARK.
    • Cissy Jones plays The Gladiatrix, a formidable commander in Nerva's army.
    • Madeleine Madden plays 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, newly awoken on the ARK.
    • Deborah Mailman plays Deborah Walker, a 21st century Aboriginal Australian activist, and mother to Helena Walker.
    • Zahn McClarnon plays Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
    • Malcolm McDowell plays Senator Lucius Cassius Virilis, a manipulative aristocrat during the reign of Caesar Augustus.
    • Juliet Mills plays Chava, a wise healer and village councilmember.
    • Elliot Page plays Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian aid worker, and wife of Helena Walker.
    • Ragga Ragnars plays Queen Sigrid, a bellicose 10th century Viking warlord.
    • David Tennant plays Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th century scientist harboring dark ambitions.
    • Alan Tudyk plays The Captain, a crusty buccaneer who profitably sails the dangerous waters around the ARK.
    • Karl Urban plays Bob, a recent square-jawed ARK arrival.
    • Jeffrey Wright plays Henry Townsend, an 18th century American watchmaker and Patriot spy.
    • Michelle Yeoh plays Meiyin Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader, known on the ARK by her reputation as the formidable “Beast Queen.”
    • Ron Yuan plays Han Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader and brother to Meiyin.
    • With Russell Crowe playing Kor the Prophet, an eccentric ‘dino-whisperer’ hailing from a time before recorded history.
    • And Vin Diesel playing 24th century ‘Mek’-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter Santiago.

     

    Vin Diesel has joined Studio Wildcard as President of Creative Convergence and will act as executive producer of both “ARK II” and “ARK: The Animated Series.” Diesel will also lend his voice talents as Santiago, a fully rendered hero protagonist, who will cross over from the newly announced video game sequel to the animated television series.

    From cutting-edge animation studio Lex + Otis and with music composed by Gareth Coker (Ori and the Will of the Wisps), ARK: The Animated Series chronicles the story of a mysterious primeval land populated by dinosaurs and other extinct creatures, where people from throughout human history have been resurrected. When 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker awakes on the ARK after tragedy, she must learn to survive and find new allies, or die again at the hands of ruthless warlords -- all while trying to uncover the true nature of their strange new world.

    ARK fans will recognise many aspects of the lore and witness new depth and development to familiar characters. We can’t wait to share more as we near the airing!


    ARKTV_Poster_SMALL%20(1).png


    • Like 5


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Just please keep Ark II an insanely large sandbox game where we have 99% control.

    Do not make Ark II some linear story game, I'll never touch it.

    Edited by CaveNoob

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hmmm .. somehow funny that Santiagos last name in the Explorer notes is Camacho and in the trailer DaCosta.. probably someone did not do his homework ? ^^

     

    Also I don't know what to think as Vin Diesel as "cast" for him, not really happy with that choice. There would have bewn way better options in my humble opinion.

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, Vahilor said:

    Hmmm .. somehow funny that Santiagos last name in the Explorer notes is Camacho and in the trailer DaCosta.. probably someone did not do his homework ? ^^

    maybe one of them is his middle name?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 12/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, DarkRaptor13 said:

    EXCLUSIVITY ? IT'S A JOKE ?!

    It looked like an awesome news for 5 minutes, I was happy to see Ark coming back stronger. I had hopes it will be great, the trailer looks great ! 

    But in facts, that's the worst possible news. I'll never play Ark 2, thanks to the Xbox Exclusivity. They choosed money over (PS) fans. 

    I just hope this game and console will be a huge flop and they'll give up as soon as possible on it, to work on ARK 3 on all platforms. This news feels like treason for money. Worst news of the day. 

    I'm never gonna buy a Xbox or gaming PC just for ARK. 

     

    Well done, I'll never play ARK 1 again and I'm never gonna watch that animated show now. I was truly hyped but the exclusivity is nothing else than a knife in the back. 

     

     

     

    You don't even need to own an xbox or PC. If you have an android phone ( or iPhone next year) then download the gamepass app and pay for gamepass ultimate. £10 a month and I'm sure it will be on gamepass when it releases. Problem solved. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    23 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

    I’m kinda miffed that they are pre-empting Meiyin and Diana’s relationship though. If the series ever gets that far it won’t have as much impact.

    That was honestly my one quibble...that if they felt the need to have Helena be gay/bi that means either they're only planning on covering the island timeline and not the other maps, or else maybe they're going to write Diana out and instead they're planning on covering the other maps (or the entire pre-genesis timeline) but to make things more simple they're going to pair Helena and Mei instead (not that I'd mind since a large chunk of the island story was their unconventional friendship anyway).

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Grazie e grazie mille per Ark 2 ,ci voleva proprio, tutto bellissimo spero più animazioni per tutti i dinosauri e per favore non togliete il single player in ark 2 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 12/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Vahilor said:

    Also I don't know what to think as Vin Diesel as "cast" for him, not really happy with that choice. There would have bewn way better options in my humble opinion.

    Have you seen Pitch Black movie? Its like Aberration surface with seekers and Vin Diesel as Ridsausage was perfect in this world. Maybe you will change your mind. It was just a trailer.

    EDIT: Whats wrong with this forums?.. R I D D I C K name was translated to Ridsausage?

    Edited by slejo
    • Haha 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, slejo said:

    EDIT: Whats wrong with this forums?.. R I D D I C K name was translated to Ridsausage?

    😆 The curse of the forum filter strikes! Rather unfortunate!

    • Haha 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 12/13/2020 at 10:14 PM, GP said:

    Won't be anything until 2022.

    Or 2023 if you're on PS...in a best case scenario that is....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I wanted to say thank you. I am really looking forward to the animated series but not just because it looks amazing. I am Native American and I am grateful that the animated series will be including a native in your story. When the media has one of our race in it and portrays us in a positive light it really means a lot since we are often not in the media only in history books. I know you probably won’t read this as busy as you are but thank you.  

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    16 hours ago, slejo said:

    Have you seen Pitch Black movie? Its like Aberration surface with seekers and Vin Diesel as Ridsausage was perfect in this world. Maybe you will change your mind. It was just a trailer.

    EDIT: Whats wrong with this forums?.. R I D D I C K name was translated to Ridsausage?

    I saw Pitch Black and he was fitting there but as Santiago he is in my opinion a really bad choice and that Santiago even has another last name than in the explorer notes is for me something that should not happen. 

    Vin Diesel as a totally fresh character I actually wouldn't mind that much.

    I really hope he will not be in the game at all and it really is only a trailer but I doubt it, cause he will also be in the animated series and I think they will use a "comic" Vin Diesel version there. I fear they changed to much there too and as it seems there will be no Diana in it who is after Santiago the most liked character of mine in the Ark franchise.

    I know a lot of people don't mind stuff like that and that is ok, but for me things like that are a big put off.

     

    Edited by Vahilor

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    20 hours ago, aherdofhoboz said:

    I wanted to say thank you. I am really looking forward to the animated series but not just because it looks amazing. I am Native American and I am grateful that the animated series will be including a native in your story. When the media has one of our race in it and portrays us in a positive light it really means a lot since we are often not in the media only in history books. I know you probably won’t read this as busy as you are but thank you.  

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We were very aware of portraying our Native American characters with consideration and respect. We were excited to work with two Indigenous American advisors/consultants for the show. One being a historical/cultural expert and the other, a Lakota language consultant for accuracy. Also our actors, Devery (Alasie) is Mohawk and Zahn (John) is Lakota. 

    I hope you enjoy their characters and stories as much as I do! 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Dollie said:

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We were very aware of portraying our Native American characters with consideration and respect. We were excited to work with two Indigenous American advisors/consultants for the show. One being a historical/cultural expert and the other, a Lakota language consultant for accuracy. Also our actors, Devery (Alasie) is Mohawk and Zahn (John) is Lakota. 

    I hope you enjoy their characters and stories as much as I do! 

    I am sure I will enjoy it and thank you for that info:). The animation quality looks amazing based on your trailer.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 12/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, DarkRaptor13 said:

    EXCLUSIVITY ? IT'S A JOKE ?!

    It looked like an awesome news for 5 minutes, I was happy to see Ark coming back stronger. I had hopes it will be great, the trailer looks great ! 

    But in facts, that's the worst possible news. I'll never play Ark 2, thanks to the Xbox Exclusivity. They choosed money over (PS) fans. 

    I just hope this game and console will be a huge flop and they'll give up as soon as possible on it, to work on ARK 3 on all platforms. This news feels like treason for money. Worst news of the day. 

    I'm never gonna buy a Xbox or gaming PC just for ARK. 

     

    Well done, I'll never play ARK 1 again and I'm never gonna watch that animated show now. I was truly hyped but the exclusivity is nothing else than a knife in the back. 

     

     

     

    Awww is the Playstation player upset he doesn't get to play ARK 2? Boohoo. Suck it up mate you get so many exclusives on Playstation but cry the second theres a good game as a PC/Xbox Exclusive

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 12/13/2020 at 4:50 PM, TimeBomb2003 said:

    Batwoman? Oh boy... Wildcard, PLEASE don't let this show turn into a social justice thing like batwoman! PLEASE! I BEG YOU! Prioritize an awesome story over that.

    Also I'd appreciate if it followed the story of the explorer notes, just with some new elements.

    Going off the voice actors it seems Helena now has a wife, which was not mentioned in the explorer notes from what I remember. TBH, I'm not really sure what social justice is but I think this relates haha. Sorry if I'm wrong

    Edited by HoganRyan01

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 12/14/2020 at 10:52 PM, Alvaren said:

    what about Scorched?

    Oh it's my little dig at the fact WC has no real intention of fully finishing off SE, you know with an ascension and some other things that apparently fell under "much more". It is one of my favourite maps and while I understand the lack of interest in doing so, I can't pretend it’s not disappointing. I am glad for ARK 2 but I probably will not get it until it has been out a while and demonstrated performance and coding of a better quality, after all the new game is likley to have less dino's for a time given it will be a newer game. I may love the game and its lore, but it is stupid to love something and not acknowledge flaws and problems ^^

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 12/13/2020 at 6:23 AM, Caytheles said:

    Are you ok bro? Remember that humans also dont have glowing implants on our wrists (as very recent looks at my wrist have shown). But yknow.. its there. We recognized it as a Rex, thats all that matters. 

    there altered by the ark.. it makes its own creatures that dont exist so.. I would not give them such a hard time.. it works with the world universe. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 12/15/2020 at 2:38 PM, Vahilor said:

    Hmmm .. somehow funny that Santiagos last name in the Explorer notes is Camacho and in the trailer DaCosta.. probably someone did not do his homework ? ^^

     

    Also I don't know what to think as Vin Diesel as "cast" for him, not really happy with that choice. There would have bewn way better options in my humble opinion.

    Agree about Vin Diesel. He is cool actor and i like his films - but it's not like hacker Santiago. I see brawe warrior, tribe leader - but not smart hacker.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Will Wildcard actually deliver a properly working game this time?  Sure love how they told us they would fix ark1... Never happened. Sure some patches was pushed out to try to fix some of the bigger problems but those broke even more of the game 60% of the time.  And all the meshing/duping/cheating/Ddos they couldn't stop.  LOL. They quite frankly can't  fix it but still push dlc for it.  I really hope they get this one right. 

    • Facepalm 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    How about the fact it isn't coming to playstation!? No one is mad about this!? I spent 60 dollars on the base game, 20 dollars for 3 DLCS, and 35 dollars for the gen bundle to get invested in this game and what do I get! No respect, come on, it's absolutely pathetic that you're not even looking into the horizon for a possible version.

    Edited by survivors4life

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, survivors4life said:

    How about the fact it isn't coming to playstation!? No one is mad about this!? I spent 60 dollars on the base game, 20 dollars for 3 DLCS, and 35 dollars for the gen bundle to get invested in this game and what do I get! No respect, come on, it's absolutely pathetic that you're not even looking into the horizon for a possible version.

    It likely will come to PlayStation last just like the first Ark did.

    The exclusive release with Xbox probably includes an embargo on discussing PlayStation.

    Think about it! IF it was never coming to PlayStation then the Devs would have stated that and Microsoft would not need an embargo.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    16 hours ago, GP said:

    It likely will come to PlayStation last just like the first Ark did.

    The exclusive release with Xbox probably includes an embargo on discussing PlayStation.

    Think about it! IF it was never coming to PlayStation then the Devs would have stated that and Microsoft would not need an embargo.

    Thanks man, i needed that. I was really pissed when I found out I wasn’t thinking straight. I love this game, but if they don’t care enough to even try they would lose my patronage.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...