Jump to content

  • ARK Fantastic Tames and The Center Ascended are Live!

     

    FT.png

     

    ASA_Pyromane_PromoArt_2560x1440.jpg

    Download in full resolution

     

    ARK Fantastic Tames is a new paid DLC to introduce new fantasy creatures into the world of ARK: Survival Ascended, which will be found in biome-appropriate locations of all Official Maps except for The Island and is transferrable. We're excited to launch this series with the Pyromane. This fiery friend will light the way on your journey. Whether it takes the form of a majestic predator or a loyal shoulder mount, the Pyromane will make a scorching addition to your army of powerful tames!

    We recognize that a solo paid creature is new territory for ARK, and the Fantastic Tames series helps support the development and operation of ARK: Survival Ascended. Thank you for being open to us trying new things, and most importantly, for your community participation! Your passion keeps us going, and we're excited to continue this journey with you over the years to come.

     

    Dossier_Pyromane.jpg

    Download in full resolution

     


     

    the center Ascended is live!.png

     

    TheCenter_Screenshot.jpg

    Download in full resolution

     

    Explore Diverse Landscapes.png

    Welcome to The Center Ascended, an expansive, hand-crafted map that nearly doubles the size of The Island’s landscape. With its rich, Tolkien-esque design, this map invites you to journey through stunning biomes and discover hidden secrets.

     

    Step Into a World of Wonders.png

    The Center Ascended features a vast array of climates and geological wonders. Head west to find the colossal floating island surrounded by perilous swamps. To the north lies a volatile volcanic island teeming with lava flows and formidable predators.

    Scattered throughout the map are islands blanketed in jungles, tropical beaches, towering mountains, and ancient ruins, each offering unique challenges and rewards. Delve deep into the subterranean world inspired by Jules Verne’s Journey to the Center of the Earth, or explore the underwater domes perfect for constructing your underwater haven.

     

    Meet the Shastasaurus.png

    Among the many wonders of The Center Ascended is the Shastasaurus, a curious giant of the sea. This creature, despite its intimidating size, often approaches humans out of intrigue. It uses ultrasonic chirps for echolocation, which can be weaponized to disorient prey or create concussive waves to scatter schools of fish. Taming a Shastasaurus is a rewarding endeavor as it becomes a formidable ally in deep waters. Some tribes have even outfitted their Shastasaurus with advanced gear like periscopes, torpedo bays, and cargo holds, transforming them into incredible underwater vessels.

    The Center Ascended isn’t just a map; it’s an entire world waiting for you to explore. Embark on this grand adventure and discover a new dimension to your ARK: Survival Ascended experience!


    • Like 3
    • Thanks 1
    • Confused 1
    • Facepalm 2



    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    1 hour ago, Balvens said:

    Seems like they could at least give us an announcement regarding the xbox app on windows and give us a timeframe maybe....we are left hanging instead.

    They have:

    "The Windows version of the game is still being certified, and we should know more about its status tomorrow."

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    When are console going to be able to save their games?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Ok fantastic tames; just pyromane, or is the plan to release more dinos included with that pack for $5 As other maps drop? Tames is plural after all. Idk keep it up wildcard perhaps your company will too be going the way of the dinosaurs... Extinct!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    im not going to even bother with Center at this early stage..looked at the servers all full..and you can bet your bottom dollar its all pillar or foundation spamed from ahole to breaky :/

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

    They have:

    "The Windows version of the game is still being certified, and we should know more about its status tomorrow."

    Where did you find that announcement?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    15 minutes ago, Balvens said:

    Where did you find that announcement?

    Discord. The Good Son. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Really? Look, I understand needing funding, but you have had plenty of chances, you charged us money for ASA, then you charged us for a new expansion pack, and you've even got deals with Microsoft and Sony. But you're too greedy for that, now you're charging us for a single dino?! A dino that is formed from assets you made in your other two games: Ark: Survival Evolved(Shadowmane) and Atlas(cat). This is unacceptable behavior and your reputation will suffer because of it (if it can even take any more hits). Uncool man, very uncool.

    • Like 1
    • Thanks 2
    • Haha 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hallo Wildcard bei mir läuft soweit alles gut, kleine Bugs aber damit kann ich leben. Und ich unterstütze Euch gerne, den Server, Angestellte ... kosten Monatlich Geld und nicht nur 1x!  Und alle die hier Jammern wegen 4,99 Euro, Ihr arbeitet alle kostenlos? Für mich immer noch das beste Spiel. 

    Überstzt :https://translate.google.com/?hl=de&sl=en&tl=de&op=translate

     

    Hello Wildcard, everything is going well for me so far, there are a few small bugs but I can live with that. And I'm happy to support you, the server, employees... cost money every month and not just once! And everyone who is whining here about 4.99 euros, you all work for free? Still the best game for me.

    • Like 1
    • Facepalm 3

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    What is up with the terrible ground textures on Center.  Any ground that doesn't have foilage  or rock dirt cover, has a horrible wallpaper repeating pattern.  Honestly I thought ASA was supposed to be a graphical upgrade.  Sure the UE5 tech is better, but the actual work put into the map design is seriously lacking.

    • Sad 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    19 hours ago, Wassatoo said:

    im not going to even bother with Center at this early stage..looked at the servers all full..and you can bet your bottom dollar its all pillar or foundation spamed from ahole to breaky :/

     

    It is that bad!  I don't even want to breed them.  I'm worried the bbys will die do to the servers being full.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/5/2024 at 9:09 PM, TheDonn said:

    Trying new things...  like more payments!  This is what I had hoped would not happen to the game.

    """If YoU dOnT lIkE iT dOnT bUy It"""

    I won't, for sure.

    But the issue for me is, that this remake in UE5 went from being a free upgrade, to then a paid game, and now to a new landscape of microtransaction-possibilities.

    What works perfectly in ASA?  The system to accept payments for mods and DLC crap.

    What doesn't work in ASA?  Server transfers are nearly completely borked on the cluster I am on.

    I have yet to leave Island for SE because my survivor will (not might, it WILL) be deleted.  Most likely not the first transfer, probably not the second, but it will happen.  People lose survivors after island ascension because they skip the Bob's Bullcrap Ass DLC cutscene.  People lose survivors after island ascension because they don't know to learn an engram after ascending.

    Some things are great in ASA.  And some things are 100% exactly the way I had hoped they would never be in the game.  I don't know what to think here, but am disappointed.

    Lol what 

    You don’t have to learn anything after ascending on island to keep your character, and I always skip the bobs notes and Helena’s epilogue, no problems 

    everyone else seems to have no issues transferring their characters to se, myself and my whole tribe included

    there is a glitch with ascensions that can lose you your character, but it’s rare, completely random, and can be recognised and avoided if you know about it. Can confirm it still exists because last week I ran alpha overseer and it happened to one of my riders, so I had to explain how to avoid it to them

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/5/2024 at 5:04 AM, DodoRara said:

    Whats the deal the with the temp servers that say they expire Jun 1st? I'm scared to use one lol

    The point is for people who want the exclusive things the map has to offer, but don’t want a permanent base there. 
    you can go and get the creatures and whatever and just transfer out once you’re satisfied 

    it keeps the load off the primary set of permanent servers where the long term players are

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Morikar

    Posted (edited)

    On 6/5/2024 at 1:45 AM, FlorianWind9 said:

    And yet no-one is talking about the Pyromane?

    Everyone was all worried about P2W with the Scorched Earth Bob's Tall Tales Paid DLC. In the end, the trains and the Oasisaur ended up just being kinda meh. A little something extra. But not really enough of any kind of advantage that would really create a P2W scenario. Almost more just cosmetic than anything. 

    But this Pyromane is clearly pure broken over-powered-ness. Unless it gets nerfed heavily it will very much create a large advantage to anyone who has paid for this paid DLC. (Except towards those who hide under the ocean as they will have absolutely nothing to fear from this creature that can't get wet.) But otherwise, having this thing is like having a pocket shadowmane that you can throw out of your "pokeball" at will without cryopod restrictions that can also set entire fields and forests on fire!

    And keep in mind that this is just the first of likely many paid DLCs that will add "fantasy" creatures which will likely have similar over-powered capabilities. 

    This is like locking the wyverns behind an extra paid DLC pay wall. Or griffins, or managarmr, or snow owl, or Gacha, the list goes on.

    Imagine if any of these creatures were kept behind extra pay walls beyond the DLC story expansions?

    Imagine having 10 or 20 similar creatures behind extra pay walls?

    For the original story expansions I think it was like $15 a piece? I don't know, I got the first 3 in a bundle for $15 total so $5 a piece which gave a new map plus tons of new creatures.

    Now imagine having 10 or 20 similar creatures behind extra $5 pay walls a piece like this one is?

    Imagine purchasing Scorched Earth for $10 and then having to pay another $5 for the fire wyverns, another $5 for the lightning wyverns, another $5 for the poison wyverns, another $5 for the golems, another $5 for the phoenix?

    This Pyromane paid DLC actually does look like wc is moving into the P2W business model. At this point, perhaps they should just give Brettskii what he wants after-all; if they're going to be like this and go in this direction...

    You and I both seem to be the only ones that see the very flawed and scam-like practice of this. The creature is not worth $5 and the company is acting like they aren't getting enough support which is a massive lie cause they made $25M during the first two weeks of release.

    If every creature was worth 5$ ark would be over 200 dollars on just The Island alone. I mean Gen 1 and Gen 2 was a STEAL of a price by comparison. 10 creatures, 2 maps, a buncha of item advantages for just $30.

    They used to give us so much content for so very little in return and now greed has over taken the company and we keep giving them what they want which means they aren't gonna stop going this direction. We keep permitting them to go in this direction, if we boycott these practices they'll stop making extra paid content and maybe they'll focus on more important things like bug fixes.

    Edited by Morikar
    Format
    • Thanks 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    10 hours ago, Morikar said:

    You and I both seem to be the only ones that see the very flawed and scam-like practice of this. The creature is not worth $5 and the company is acting like they aren't getting enough support which is a massive lie cause they made $25M during the first two weeks of release.

    If every creature was worth 5$ ark would be over 200 dollars on just The Island alone. I mean Gen 1 and Gen 2 was a STEAL of a price by comparison. 10 creatures, 2 maps, a buncha of item advantages for just $30.

    They used to give us so much content for so very little in return and now greed has over taken the company and we keep giving them what they want which means they aren't gonna stop going this direction. We keep permitting them to go in this direction, if we boycott these practices they'll stop making extra paid content and maybe they'll focus on more important things like bug fixes.

    Pretty sure you and him aren't the only people with eyes in this world of blind sheep, it's just that most people don't even visit the official forums because it's pointless.

    Look at the comments the update got on Steam, 95%+ are sh**ting on the publisher for this blatant, low-effort asset flip/cash grab.

    And for everyone going "hurr durr it's only 5 euros, don't you have 5 euros? do you work for free?" I couldn't give a f**k about the 5 euros, hell, I'd happily buy the stupid cat to support the devs, IF THE GAME WAS ACTUALLY PLAYABLE.
    But to have the gall to release this just a week after the Ceratosaurus patch broke frame rates, and bundled together with the Center with all the graphical issues and glitches it released is just mind-blowing. I mean, I just made a new save on the map and flew around for 10 minutes and even in that time I could see how half-baked it was. DLSS/frame gen artifacts/flickering central, water sometimes just disappears from around you in the ocean, waterfalls looking hilariously bad, the list goes on.

    And as usual, absolutely 0 communication about them being aware of issues or working on them, to set your mind at ease, it's just a big fat nothing until the next week when they come out again saying "Hai guys, it's new Ark community spotlight :) Look, here's some fan art and some mods, aren't they cool? :) We're working hard on <insert the map next in line>, maybe there will be a delay, maybe we'll change this creature because we can only release it if it looks stupid as hell :) See you next week! :) "

    Infuriating.

    • Thanks 3

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/6/2024 at 1:47 AM, DerGrinch said:

    Hallo Wildcard bei mir läuft soweit alles gut, kleine Bugs aber damit kann ich leben. Und ich unterstütze Euch gerne, den Server, Angestellte ... kosten Monatlich Geld und nicht nur 1x!  Und alle die hier Jammern wegen 4,99 Euro, Ihr arbeitet alle kostenlos? Für mich immer noch das beste Spiel. 

    Überstzt :https://translate.google.com/?hl=de&sl=en&tl=de&op=translate

     

    Hello Wildcard, everything is going well for me so far, there are a few small bugs but I can live with that. And I'm happy to support you, the server, employees... cost money every month and not just once! And everyone who is whining here about 4.99 euros, you all work for free? Still the best game for me.

    I know one consumer who will be rushing out to buy the bootlickersaur once it comes out.

    • Haha 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    6 hours ago, bajcli said:

    And for everyone going "hurr durr it's only 5 euros, don't you have 5 euros? do you work for free?" I couldn't give a f**k about the 5 euros, hell, I'd happily buy the stupid cat to support the devs, IF THE GAME WAS ACTUALLY PLAYABLE.

    EXACTLY THIS!!! 

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/5/2024 at 1:45 AM, FlorianWind9 said:

    And yet no-one is talking about the Pyromane?

    Everyone was all worried about P2W with the Scorched Earth Bob's Tall Tales Paid DLC. In the end, the trains and the Oasisaur ended up just being kinda meh. A little something extra. But not really enough of any kind of advantage that would really create a P2W scenario. Almost more just cosmetic than anything. 

    But this Pyromane is clearly pure broken over-powered-ness. Unless it gets nerfed heavily it will very much create a large advantage to anyone who has paid for this paid DLC. (Except towards those who hide under the ocean as they will have absolutely nothing to fear from this creature that can't get wet.) But otherwise, having this thing is like having a pocket shadowmane that you can throw out of your "pokeball" at will without cryopod restrictions that can also set entire fields and forests on fire!

    And keep in mind that this is just the first of likely many paid DLCs that will add "fantasy" creatures which will likely have similar over-powered capabilities. 

    This is like locking the wyverns behind an extra paid DLC pay wall. Or griffins, or managarmr, or snow owl, or Gacha, the list goes on.

    Imagine if any of these creatures were kept behind extra pay walls beyond the DLC story expansions?

    Imagine having 10 or 20 similar creatures behind extra pay walls?

    For the original story expansions I think it was like $15 a piece? I don't know, I got the first 3 in a bundle for $15 total so $5 a piece which gave a new map plus tons of new creatures.

    Now imagine having 10 or 20 similar creatures behind extra $5 pay walls a piece like this one is?

    Imagine purchasing Scorched Earth for $10 and then having to pay another $5 for the fire wyverns, another $5 for the lightning wyverns, another $5 for the poison wyverns, another $5 for the golems, another $5 for the phoenix?

    This Pyromane paid DLC actually does look like wc is moving into the P2W business model. At this point, perhaps they should just give Brettskii what he wants after-all; if they're going to be like this and go in this direction...

    you noticed me senpai!
    hey man If you cant afford it just say it lol. The pyromane is now my favorite dino right now and the $5 was 100% worth it my guy. You should be happy we have these extra opportunities to get more than what we were expecting. I still stand by the overall community want/need of a battle pass / RMT in-game store. The fact that so many people are eager to get their hands on new stuff and DID shows the demand for these options. Not everyone wants to spend all day competing with neckbeards for end game resources they are camping or clearing dinos for someone to come and snatch the spawn you have been working for. I LOVE THAT PAID CONTENT IS BEING EXPLORED MORE AND MORE! HECKIN YEAH BOIZ!

    edit: sorry i was late with my post, i try to be on top of new crunch when they come out but The Center and the Pyromane has me LOCKED IN! I cant get enough of this. What an amazing deal for only $5! come on you cant honestly bash this amazing dino! if its free everyone is going to just ignore it.

    Edited by Brettskii
    • Facepalm 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    TheDonn

    Posted (edited)

    On 6/6/2024 at 4:52 PM, TheTrueSpider said:

    Lol what 

    You don’t have to learn anything after ascending on island to keep your character, and I always skip the bobs notes and Helena’s epilogue, no problems 

    everyone else seems to have no issues transferring their characters to se, myself and my whole tribe included

    there is a glitch with ascensions that can lose you your character, but it’s rare, completely random, and can be recognised and avoided if you know about it. Can confirm it still exists because last week I ran alpha overseer and it happened to one of my riders, so I had to explain how to avoid it to them

    I'm glad you can do that and that you haven't lost a character.  Most people who are server-hopping and ascending have lost a survivor on my cluster, including skipping cutscenes.  Couldn't tell you why, but the cutscene bug for Bob's Bullcrap has hit 2 people on this cluster.  And it is a zero-mod cluster with everything official except for 3x rates, so mods aren't the reason.

    Aside from that, we had a guy die during the ascension cinematic somehow, and he lost his survivor too so it isn't just the cutscenes or learning an engram.

    Anyway, the engram-thing is an idea to prevent it from happening floated by someone to our cluster, and so far no one who ascends, learns a random engram (something they didn't know), and sits in base for ~20 minutes has never lost a survivor, provided they didn't get cutscene-deleted or otherwise deleted during ascension.

    Edited by TheDonn

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    There is a problem that does not allow the beds that are in the small caves in the center to respawn, could you solve it? Happens on official small tribes pvp servers

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/6/2024 at 2:47 PM, DerGrinch said:

    Hallo Wildcard bei mir läuft soweit alles gut, kleine Bugs aber damit kann ich leben. Und ich unterstütze Euch gerne, den Server, Angestellte ... kosten Monatlich Geld und nicht nur 1x!  Und alle die hier Jammern wegen 4,99 Euro, Ihr arbeitet alle kostenlos? Für mich immer noch das beste Spiel. 

    Überstzt :https://translate.google.com/?hl=de&sl=en&tl=de&op=translate

     

    Hello Wildcard, everything is going well for me so far, there are a few small bugs but I can live with that. And I'm happy to support you, the server, employees... cost money every month and not just once! And everyone who is whining here about 4.99 euros, you all work for free? Still the best game for me.

    I have about 5 euros of money. 
    But not worth 5 euros to work at a snail's pace.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Shadowmane
    vaporeon GIF


    Pyromane

    false prophet pokemon GIF
     

    ???

    90s pokemon GIF
     

     


     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/7/2024 at 10:49 PM, TheDonn said:

    I'm glad you can do that and that you haven't lost a character.  Most people who are server-hopping and ascending have lost a survivor on my cluster, including skipping cutscenes.  Couldn't tell you why, but the cutscene bug for Bob's Bullcrap has hit 2 people on this cluster.  And it is a zero-mod cluster with everything official except for 3x rates, so mods aren't the reason.

    Aside from that, we had a guy die during the ascension cinematic somehow, and he lost his survivor too so it isn't just the cutscenes or learning an engram.

    Anyway, the engram-thing is an idea to prevent it from happening floated by someone to our cluster, and so far no one who ascends, learns a random engram (something they didn't know), and sits in base for ~20 minutes has never lost a survivor, provided they didn't get cutscene-deleted or otherwise deleted during ascension.

    Lol some of you people believe in some proper superstitious stuff huh. Sounds like an issue on your end, as none of that is an issue on official servers

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/9/2024 at 3:56 AM, RTGLoot said:

    Shadowmane
    vaporeon GIF


    Pyromane

    false prophet pokemon GIF
     

    ???

    90s pokemon GIF
     

     


     

     

    Nah how you do my boy umbreon like that

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    So I bought the fantastic tames pack and after the update it's nowhere to be found. Anyone else experienced this on Xbox? Nit sure if I should just dispute the money I've spent on the game and mods and go back to ASE.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites




    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...