• AB-Banner2.jpg
  • Jen

    ARK at Gamescom! First-look at Upcoming Content!

    ARK Official Launch Trailer!

    For those of you who missed us this morning on the Twitch at Gamescom livestream, we just premiered the official launch trailer for ARK: Survival Evolved! Watch it below!

    The past two years have been one heck of a journey for all of us. Millions of ARK players worldwide have built gigantic bases, captured and trained armies of dinosaurs, crafted armories full of weapons and eaten billions of pounds of berries. With your help, we are days away from releasing the full ARK: Survival Evolved game to the world!
     
    Come August 29th we'll be entering the next phase of our journey and exit early access. Players who have been with us throughout this early access program and were excited with the launch of each update have even more reason to be excited post-launch! ARK will continue to grow with new content at launch and beyond as we continue to have a behemoth amount of additional gameplay, creatures, and story elements in the works. The adventure has truly only just begun!

    large.End-Game-2.png.80ac61b5a9bbca09b21

    With every Explorer Note you've discovered on the Island a piece of the story has come along with it. Every artifact, every apex drops, every boss battle, it has all been leading up to this moment. Now it's time to understand the bigger picture and begin to discover why every Survivor wakes up on the beach with a diamond shaped implant in their arm.

    Are you ready for what's in store? Will you be strong enough to take on the challenges ahead? Do you, your tribe, and your army have what it takes to reach Ascension? Only time will tell...

    large.End-Game-1.png.c127c2240df573cd0e6

    The launch trailer also features the first in-game footage for the two newest critters to the Island, the playful Otter and the fiery Phoenix. 

    large.Dossier_Otter.jpg.7d013cbab270ecf2

    large.Otter_1.png.d3823bbd869062cf6a08f5

    This furry little Otter makes a cozy companion that can ride around on your shoulders and can help retrieve silica pearls for you!

    large.Dossier_Phoenix.jpg.51e9766404b47c

    The flaming Phoenix bursts into fire with the heat of the desert. Operating at impossible temperatures, this legendary flyer can cook resources just by holding them. Perhaps it could even be ridden, if somehow one could acquire gear fireproof enough to withstand the flames blazing across its feathers.

    large.Phoenix_1.png.466af857587dc223b650

    Lastly, we get our first look at the Tek Shield and Tek Sword in action! The sword is capable of a dash-charge attack and has armor piercing capability, while the shield can reflect incoming projectiles and bullets, and can completely stop splash damage!

    large.Clouds-Render.00_00_29_17.Still001

    ARK Live Original Soundtrack!

    We are also very excited to announce that the pre-order for the live soundtrack recorded live at Abbey Road is now available!

    Watch the behind-the-scenes teaser video below.

    Composed by Gareth Coker, the official soundtrack album will be released August 29th via digital and streaming outlets worldwide through Sumthing Else Music Works. The soundtrack is also included in the Collectors Edition of ARK.

    You can pre-order the soundtrack right now! https://www.sumthing.com/p/ark/

    Edited by Jen

    • Like 11
    • Thanks 1
    • Facepalm 2


    Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback




    Just now, ciabattaroll said:

    It's no lies. The Argent was sprinting in that scene. Believe what you wish but that's how the shot was made.

    Yes the argent was sprinting. So was the pteranodon and Tapejara.  But they are not weighed down. The wings move to fast for that. unfortunately for me i have no way of proving that.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, bgreg said:

    I'd say the QR code hints to a different game mode/map of some kind. I'm guessing the way the Ark logo is lit/flashing in the countdown is some sort of hint as to what it might be but I can't for the life of me think what it could be.

    I could of course be totally wrong I guess only time will tell.....

    Oceanic Expansion. The logo is covered in Algae. ;)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, bgreg said:

    I'd say the QR code hints to a different game mode/map of some kind. I'm guessing the way the Ark logo is lit/flashing in the countdown is some sort of hint as to what it might be but I can't for the life of me think what it could be.

    I could of course be totally wrong I guess only time will tell.....

    The below is Helena note number 7 on scorched which is possibly further evidence it is a space type expansion?

     

    Time to go over the facts.

    Like the island, this desert is a space station posing as a natural environment. It is inhabited by a large population of dangerous, genetically engineered creatures, and a small population of humans that are struggling to survive. This whole environment is then deliberately contained by a combination of a holographic horizon and natural barriers.

    Assuming the other space stations are at all similiar, then this whole thing is starting to look like some kind of bizarre experiment on a grand scale. Yes, each station would represent an experimental group, and...

    I'll have to continue this later. One of the caravan's scouts just returned in a panic. Something about rocks being alive, which is of course ridic.
      ~ Helena

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 8/24/2017 at 4:21 PM, Oldskool said:

    Honestly think this is the best game I have ever played! And like a fine wine, it gets better with time :)

    I like how some people go far in their comments. are you ....... (mm mm) wildcards .... (mm)?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 8/24/2017 at 4:34 PM, powerstuck said:

    Ark survival evolved launch strategy !

    Go to a gaming conference (or what ever gamescom is) and sell your super buggy game to unaware gamers.

    Hours later announce to everyone that the very people who invested money to help you get where you are today are getting the double finger. 

    First 80% of servers get shut down creating a 4 days delay for a lot of players to move their stuff or lose everything. 

    Then, they also give another finger to those remaining by shutting the support for ''Legacy'' servers. 

    Wildcard at it again with the Wild-cards tricks.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 8/24/2017 at 5:16 PM, Shadow9cat said:

    This game fills my soul!  I just love it!  What a fun trailer.  I'm so excited for more story elements!

    But the actual gameplay is not near of how the trailer is represented. Running dinos while bugging over the place is what they don't show the new players. Catch em like pokemon they say.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, EternalUniverse said:

    But the actual gameplay is not near of how the trailer is represented. Running dinos while bugging over the place is what they don't show the new players. Catch em like pokemon they say.

    The sad truth. 

    The trailer vs gameplay is like a well writen book vs a badly adapted movie.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, powerstuck said:

    The sad truth. 

    The trailer vs gameplay is like a well writen book vs a badly adapted movie.

    A-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y agree with this. To be honest it feels so much like a scam. I wonder how the game will really play at release. Will the bugs be gone? no more stuttering? no more lag? no more rubberbanding? no more crashes? Did they do something about the resources zones so people can't build on it? Did they fix the bad rendering when approaching base(s)? Did they improve the mechanics when building so we can actually entirely close our walls without any gaps/holes? So many questions.. yet 0 answers.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

    It's no lies. The Argent was sprinting in that scene. Believe what you wish but that's how the shot was made.

    I wonder how the game will run at release when approaching loads/huge structures like the trailer. Sure hell it doesn't look/run like that in game on console right now.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 hours ago, XjimX said:

    Nice try but the argents wings where flapping to fast for that. Any other excuses?

    The Q's as seen in the soundtrack video and Argents in the trailer look like they are flying the speed before the nerf!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:17 AM, eESTlane said:

    oh look, more TEK content. f u WC. that youtube promo video is so crammed full of poop it reeks of diaper wearing audience. surely there has to be more? "am i ready for it or not, i guess time will tell."

    Just because your trash at pvp doesn't meant everyone is. Go play pve, surely you can get tek there :)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    11 hours ago, XjimX said:

    Yes the argent was sprinting. So was the pteranodon and Tapejara.  But they are not weighed down. The wings move to fast for that. unfortunately for me i have no way of proving that.

    I suppose one way to prove it is to have someone from Wildcard say the opposite. :D

    We've had a mod say it but they're players who volunteered to police the forums and the company doesn't exactly keep them in the loop most of the time. So they're relatively clean.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 hours ago, Bearbrat said:

    The Q's as seen in the soundtrack video and Argents in the trailer look like they are flying the speed before the nerf!

    Apperantly, they sped the video up, so in a result birds seem to be faster. They did that to fit that recording to trailer, which had preset lenght. 

    Overall, this is bullshot trailer. It doesn't represent the real gameplay to be honest. Things they showed hardly ever happen. Also, if they had showed this trailer when game was released in EA, I wouldn't have bought it probably.

    Tek skins are showed even though mejority of playerbase won't be able to use them due to time exclusivety for preorder bonus.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

    Apperantly, they sped the video up, so in a result birds seem to be faster. They did that to fit that recording to trailer, which had preset lenght. 

    Overall, this is bullshot trailer. It doesn't represent the real gameplay to be honest. Things they showed hardly ever happen. Also, if they had showed this trailer when game was released in EA, I wouldn't have bought it probably.

    Tek skins are showed even though mejority of playerbase won't be able to use them due to time exclusivety for preorder bonus.

     

    Hey wait a minute. Most of us ordered the game way before release. We should all be getting those preorder bonuses.

    Pfft. Typical Wildcard.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    30 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

    Hey wait a minute. Most of us ordered the game way before release. We should all be getting those preorder bonuses.

    Pfft. Typical Wildcard.

    I don't like it either. It is supposed to be condition to put physical copies of game in stores. Rest players will get those after a few months. Jat never stated how long Tek skins would be exclusive excatly.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    18 hours ago, Vrallox said:

    I suppose one way to prove it is to have someone from Wildcard say the opposite. :D

    We've had a mod say it but they're players who volunteered to police the forums and the company doesn't exactly keep them in the loop most of the time. So they're relatively clean.

    Actually, I'm saying it because I was part of the folks making the trailer, not just because I'm a moderator.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Either they did away with the flyer nerf or thats a REALLY old video, Argys can no longer fly anywhere near that fast, Im betting lies, its what WildCard is known for.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

    Actually, I'm saying it because I was part of the folks making the trailer, not just because I'm a moderator.

    Ah. All right. I'll take my tinfoil hat off then.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 24/08/2017 at 9:03 AM, Drackus said:

    Am I the only one who saw TEK raptors and TEK stegos?

    No you aren't, I saw a parsaur trike and Stegosaurus with one so I think there's going to be one for all the Dino's!!! Excited !!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    11 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

    No you aren't, I saw a parsaur trike and Stegosaurus with one so I think there's going to be one for all the Dino's!!! Excited !!

    My god...tek dodos! Tek lystros! Tek phiomias!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    49 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

    No you aren't, I saw a parsaur trike and Stegosaurus with one so I think there's going to be one for all the Dino's!!! Excited !!

    There's a limited list of dinos that have bionic skins. You can see them on instagram.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    As happy as I am for this game reaching launch, I really hope it keeps to its original concept of story less survival with a classic or survival mode. I believe that the older dinosaurs deserve their touch ups and remodels, as well as retouches on the new ones when they get around to it. Most importantly, I hope Primal Survival gets back into the workshop. There are still a lot of things that need to be fixed or changed, such as breeding mechanics. As well as things we wish to be implemented, like various vocals for our tames.

     

    Best of luck in the end for WC and Instinct.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now