Just in the nick of time, our Summer Update is now available. This update brings a lot of changes to the Island, encouraging you to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new.
NEW DUNGEON TYPE & DUNGEON LOOT REWORK
Swamp Dungeons have entered the weekly rotation. Additionally, we have overhauled our Dungeon Loot system to be more rewarding and give you more chances at a variety of TEK Blueprints alongside higher quality loot from chests.
HAIRSTYLES, BEARDS & APPEARANCE CHANGE TICKET
The Appearance Change Ticket has been added to the Store for players over Level 25, allowing you to adjust your gender, appearance & hairstyle without losing any Survivor progress. Primal Pass holders also gain access to beards in the Appearance Change Ticket, and may change hairstyles & beards when creating a new Survivor.
ASCENDANT SERVERS & ASCENDANT TRANSFER TICKET
Launching towards the end of September 2020, these PvP servers are reserved for the best of the best. Once players reach Level 100 on Official Servers, they may purchase an Ascendant Transfer Ticket to go to an Ascendant Server of the same difficulty. Only your Survivor data and premium items will carry with you - all players will start from Level 1 upon downloading their Ascendant Transfer Ticket.
Please consult our Server Transfer FAQ for full guidelines. Ascendant PvP Servers will launch in all four regions with Easy, Medium, Hard and Brutal difficulties.
OFFICIAL CASUAL SERVERS
We’ve taken this Survival Mode from Unofficial Servers & Single Player and put a slight spin on it for Official Servers. For those looking to lower the stakes a bit, these servers allow you to keep your Blueprints, weapons, and armor when you die. Additionally, demolishing structures will return their full resource cost.
To keep things balanced, we’re turning off Crafting XP on these servers and limiting server transfers to other Official Casual Servers only. At launch, players can find the following servers:
- Painted Sharks - Casual (PvXc-Easy-NA)
- Painted Sharks - Casual (PvXc-Easy-EU)
- Painted Sharks - Casual (PvXc-Easy-AS)
- Painted Sharks - Casual (PvXc-Easy-ANZ)
INCREASED RAFT & PLATFORM SADDLE BUILDING LIMITATIONS
Want to build bigger? This update doubles the structure limit on Rafts and Platform Saddles in Single Player and Multiplayer. Unofficial Server owners will gain the ability to raise this rate even further if they so choose (more on that below).
PVP BALANCE CHANGES
We are introducing two key balance changes to shake up the way that many players have become accustomed to playing PvP. The Flyer Speed Debuff is being greatly increased, so that your flying tames will be significantly slowed upon taking damage. We are also removing the ability to place Spike Walls on Rafts, forcing you to get a bit more creative with your naval battles. With this change, the Flyer Speed Debuff has been removed from PvE entirely.
NEW UNOFFICIAL SERVER VALUES
Unofficial Server owners will find the following changes to their server settings page with this update;
- XP Multiplier cap has been raised from 2 to 4.
- Starting XP for New Survivors allows you to set the amount of XP that all new Survivors on your server will spawn with.
- Toggle for Supply Drops in PvE.
- Toggle for adding TEK Blueprints in Supply Drops. Enabling this will allow the chance to obtain TEK Blueprints from high level Supply Drops. Features core TEK building Blueprints only.
- Toggle for Flyer Speed Debuff in PvE.
- Flyer Speed Debuff Value will allow you to adjust the amount of speed lost upon taking damage.
- Raft & Platform Saddle Building Multiplier allows you to set the multiplier for the amount of structures that can be placed on Rafts and Platform Saddles. Cap for Unofficial Servers is 5x.
ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENTS & BUG FIXES
- Daily taming & hatching Pursuits will not appear in rotation when Server Moratorium is active
- Prevent players from creating Survivor names on servers if Survivor name is already present
- Removed the ability to place Spike Walls on Rafts
- Removed Flyer Speed debuff from Official PvE servers
- Removed Amber from possible loot from Mailable Gifts in Multiplayer
- Fix for resolution issues on iPhone SE 2nd Gen (2020)
- Dozens of exploit fixes