Hello there fellow Survivors! Our entire team has been hard at work creating new game content, fixing bugs, and adding compatibility for more devices. With so much still coming to the game this year, we thought now would be a good time to share what’s on the horizon for ARK: Survival Evolved on iOS & Android. As always, please keep in mind that all features and dates are subject to change.
- Cave & Obelisk Building Restrictions (PvP) We will be disabling Cave and Obelisk building on PvP servers in the interest of creating a fair and balanced multiplayer environment. These areas will now follow the PvE building ruleset.
- Baryonyx Take care when roaming near the Island’s rivers and streams, as this piscivore is not one to be messed with! Tame one yourself for access to it’s tail-spin attack.
- Multiple Save Slots & Cloud Saves (Single Player) We are adding 3 local save slots so that you can back-up your Single Player save on your device, in addition to 1 cloud save slot - convenient for switching between devices or restoring your game if you need to delete the app.
- Device Compatibility (Moto G5S, Samsung J7 Prime) It’s coming! We are adding support for more Android devices - most notably the Moto G5S and Samsung J7 Prime.
- Tribe Scoring (PvP, PvE, PvX) This points-based system will be rolled out to all servers with a constantly refreshing leaderboard. We’ll discuss more details as we get closer, but Alpha Tribes should definitely expect to work harder to maintain their positions at the top.
- Iguanodon Use this Ornithopod to help with your gardening, or race across the Island in bipedal or quadrupedal stance. Watch out for those thumbs though, this guy is a brawler when angered!
- Purlovia Need to stash some loot? How about protect your base with a hidden tame? The Purlovia can burrow underground with a full inventory of goodies, or help keep watch over your base like a landmine with it's special burrowing ability!
- Brutal Difficulty Servers Hard servers not providing enough of a challenge? This new difficulty setting will lower XP gains and spawn even higher-level creatures all over the Island.
- Public PvX servers September will see the launch of fresh PvX servers without requiring Primal Pass. These servers will have crafting stations turned back on.
- Creature Collars Give your favorite tame some bling with the all-new collar cosmetics available in multiple styles. Take your Direwolf for a strut in spikes, let your Rex walk proud with a shiny new bandana, or put that Achatina in the Cone of Shame.
- Survivor Collars Strut your stuff with the most fashionable neckwear on the Island. Show your enemies who's boss while sporting your chains, or get comfy at home in the cozy collar.
OCTOBER - DECEMBER
- Private Server Rental You will soon be able to rent a private server for you & your friends to play on. We intend to launch a cheaper, limited-capacity option in addition to the standard 60 player server size.
- Server Refresh (PvP, PvE) As some older servers continue to maintain low player populations, they will be merged with newer ones to make room for fresh server rollouts.
- More Event Types Creature Racing? Survivor Breeding? We’re cooking up some zany ideas here at War Drum Studios. Let us know what sort of special events you’d like to see on the Island.
- More Creatures & TLC Updates We don’t want to spoil all the surprises, but let’s just say that your favorite semi-aquatic pearl collector may be making an appearance in the game, in addition to TLC changes that turn a certain creature into a flying Smithy.
*All dates subject to change