Our August Update focuses entirely on Quality-of-Life improvements and bug fixes for the game. Many of the features listed below are things that have been requested by the community, and we’re happy to be able to deliver them. As always, if there are features you’d like to see in the game, the best place to leave your feedback is the #suggestions channel on our Discord or by pinging our @PlayARKMobile account on social media.
A previous Blog Post touched on the changes being made to the Obelisk building radius, floating structure building mechanic, and resource cost of crafting TEK Structures. If you missed that post, click here to read more.
ANGLER FISH TLC
The Angler Fish can now harvest Silica Pearls using its bite attack.
The Arthropluera can now damage Stone, Metal and TEK structures with its melee attack. The Arthro also now receives more damage from explosives and ranged attacks.
If a player manages to get pushed under the Dungeon map by an angry mob, you will now automatically be popped back up to the Dungeon floor, retaining your current inventory.
Additionally, you can now tribute those extra Pt. Notes you’ve been storing in return for 1 Eery Element.
Players using the Spyglass can now view Torpor on targeted creatures.
Tribe members and Allied Tribe members now have different colored names in chat.
CUSTOM WELCOME MESSAGE ON UNOFFICIAL SERVERS
Unofficial Server owners can now set a custom Welcome Message on their Nitrado server settings page. You can set a custom message and a custom title for the message box.
SINGLE PLAYER IMPROVEMENTS
We have added a Manual Save button in the Extras tab of your menu. This provides some extra assurance for those who are unsure if their game has saved recently.
Additionally, players in Single Player can now redeem promotions that appear in the in-game store directly from their game, without having to enter a Multiplayer server.
We have increased the effective radius of the TEK Generator by 1.6x. This Generator requires a lot of resources to craft and run, as such we agree that the effective radius should reflect that.
We have also added Gas Mask functionality to the TEK Helmet when powered by Eery Element.
ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- Cubozoa Multis now correctly drops its Pt. Note once defeated in Single Player.
- Players are now served a warning that items will be dropped before Fast Traveling.
- The Sarco can no longer be picked up in PvE (anti-griefing measure).
- When using & disabling the Fly command in God Console while mounted on a tame, that creature will no longer fly off into the sunset when you dismount.
- Mailable Gifts in Multiplayer now contain updated loot tables with additional possible gifts.
- Patch Notes are no longer served upon repeated launches of the game after a game update.
- Fix for Chronicled Implants wrongfully showing that they will revive as Wild.
Creatures such as the Titanosaur which are not able to be revived can no longer be Chronicled.